In China if you're a Single Woman Over 30 they Call You "Orange at the bottom of the Basket"..

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
Nah bruh this shyt is well known if you’ve experienced their cultures a lot.

Unless this is a new thing i dont know how much this has caught on, especially with the videos posted in this vid from the horse’s mouth.

Leftover men must be a new thing being pushed because there are a lot of single suicidal men over ther

lol... u literally just making shyt up in here. thats crazy. women that have to make a male counterpoint to every little thing are fun to watch. you scrambled for at least 5 minutes trying to find an angle to hit men with.

What? I didn’t make anything up. I think you guys are more emotionally invested in stuff like this you think any response is emotionally charged. Responding to stuff like this for me is the same as responding to “what color is this chair” it’s just an answer. Nothing more. It doesn’t affect me what single Chinese women over 30 are called just like it doesn’t affect you what single Chinese men over 30 are called, unless of course you’re Chinese. Here’s the link to where I saw this though.

Dr.Candise👩🏻‍🏫Chinese tutor on TikTok

Last edited:
Daps
I’m assuming that’s how Japanese men got the title of the loneliest men in the world. The shaming tactics no longer work and the women don’t come flocking like they used to. Maybe men should change up their routine. Maybe use something positive now.
I thought it was because Japanese men don't care about relationships and are either buried under a pile of work or anime memorabilia .

Ashley Banks

Daps
I thought it was because Japanese men don't care about relationships and are either buried under a pile of work or anime memorabilia .

True. Wasn’t there a thread talking about the falling birth rates? Seems like people just aren’t interested.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
What? I didn’t make anything up. I think you guys are more emotionally invested in stuff like this you think any response is emotionally charged. Responding to stuff like this for me is the same as responding to “what color is this chair” it’s just an answer. Nothing more. It doesn’t affect me what single Chinese women over 30 are called just like it doesn’t affect you what single Chinese men over 30 are called, unless of course you’re Chinese. Here’s the link to where I saw this though.

I didn’t say you made shyt up, I said if this is a real thing it must be new, because from the videos that there own cultures put out AND from my extensive interactions with asian people, Ive never heard of this.

Edit: Oh so it being from the same chick?

She specifically said men over 35 and said it is a direct result of China labor laws.. so seems like some shyt exclusively with China.

I’m not that familiar with Chinese asians in real life. It’s difficult seeing as to how closed off they are as a country But I do know the shyt about older women is a Japanese thing, possibly a Filipino thing, probably a korean thing, etc.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps

so where does she mention that men came up with the term to shame women like you said? And how are me and the other dude "emotionally invested?" Make it make sense..

Ashley Banks

Daps
I didn’t say you made shyt up, I said if this is a real thing it must be new, because from the videos that there own cultures put out (not from random Chinese tutor Dr. Candise) AND from my extensive interactions with asian people, Ive never heard of this.

I accidentally quoted you in my response to another poster. You should be able to see the quote under yours.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Meanwhile they let their government run through them and tell them to essentially dehumanize themselves to the point they could say “put your head in a hole in the ground” and they’ll do so

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Shame… God bless America ….”I’ll take em 18 to 80, blind cripple or….” …..well nah, not crazy ….. but over here they outside, and so am I :wow:

Edub

Veteran
Daps
NGL I'm not Chinese. But Chinese like 30+ years ago was majority in poverty. Like bad bad. Since the 80s they've turned around and become a super power.

A piece of that puzzle is social dynamics within the country.
Most of that population still in poverty tho….they just stopped broadcasting it…..part of the over all globalization agenda

Ashley Banks

Daps
so where does she mention that men came up with the term to shame women like you said? And how are me and the other dude "emotionally invested?" Make it make sense..

Do you think terms like leftover women/men or “orange at the bottom of the basket” are meant to uplift people or shame them? Seems like shaming language to me.

I don’t think @O.T.I.S. Is emotionally invested hes just responding to the thread. I quoted him by accident. You however, are talking about people scrambling for responses and how I’m making up whole Chinese sayings. idk it just seems like this really means a lot to you. It’s okay if it does. People care deeply about different things but no one’s scrambling for responses I just think it’s funny that both groups are like “you’re leftover, no you are”