In Carrie we trust - Homeland Season 2 thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Can anyone explain last season's finale? Why didn't the bomb go off? I think he tried to flip the switch but it didn't explode. Was that on purpose or did the tailor in Gettysburg made a genuine mistake?

I always assumed it came disconnected when he fell down outside, after Tom Walker started shooting. When he goes into the bathroom you see him reconnect the wire.

Fred.

MF DRUGS

Rookie
Daps
Actually

Always thought his brother (dude with the glasses) was mad suspicious

This is my dark horse on who the mole is. I def think dude definitely playing dumb. First ep. He's going through carrie's medicine cabinet and just happens to find the pills she's hiding. I know he said he had a "headache" but I'm not buying it.

his Brother is former CIA and feels he smart enough/capable to assist on CIA contracted jobs but falls asleep during a job. :leostare:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am super super sick of Carrie running to Brody at every step and showing how weak and "in love" she is with him. Its so stupid. She is so unprofessional, I don't expect anything else but I am totally sick of her being a bumbling mess. Why is she still in the CIA? I am tiring of seeing her mess and desperate self week after week after week.

I also hate Brody for lying to his wife. He lies to her, has a platonic relationship with Carrie, and will not let Jess move on with Mike. Jess is also so dumb, so desperate to hold onto her family that she will believe anything of Brody.

Why did the CIA take so long to go to the tailor's house? Shouldn't they have gone as soon as they suspected him? Seems so stupid. Looks like the mole got out word sooner about going to the tailor's place. Did Brody set them up? He gave up that the tailor is dead, so they went to his place and boom people end up dead. Yet Carrie continues to remain conflicted about Brody. Its such an obvious set-up on Brody's side.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I am super super sick of Carrie running to Brody at every step and showing how weak and "in love" she is with him. Its so stupid. She is so unprofessional, I don't expect anything else but I am totally sick of her being a bumbling mess. Why is she still in the CIA? I am tiring of seeing her mess and desperate self week after week after week.

I also hate Brody for lying to his wife. He lies to her, has a platonic relationship with Carrie, and will not let Jess move on with Mike. Jess is also so dumb, so desperate to hold onto her family that she will believe anything of Brody.

Why did the CIA take so long to go to the tailor's house? Shouldn't they have gone as soon as they suspected him? Seems so stupid. Looks like the mole got out word sooner about going to the tailor's place. Did Brody set them up? He gave up that the tailor is dead, so they went to his place and boom people end up dead. Yet Carrie continues to remain conflicted about Brody. Its such an obvious set-up on Brody's side.

Keep in mind the CIA was still under the assumption that the tailor was alive. So searching his shop/house/whatever when they don't know where he is isn't a good idea. They were trying to capture him.

Fred.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Without Carrie they don't get to Brody like they did.

They really don't want to use Carrie, but shyt, she was the only person who was right about Brody all along.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

They really don't want to use Carrie, but shyt, she was the only person who was right about Brody all along.

I agree but they need to wrap that shyt up too. Not sure how many more seasons they can make these two characters interact because they "have" to. Season 1 made sense, this season is fine too, but a season or two more would be pushing it.

Would've been cool if this season (or maybe next season) Carrie is completely alienated and black balled by the CIA so she goes rogue with Brody....then we find out she was under cover the whole time. Would be like season 1 in reverse.

Fred.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Keep in mind the CIA was still under the assumption that the tailor was alive. So searching his shop/house/whatever when they don't know where he is isn't a good idea. They were trying to capture him.

Fred.

After Brody told them that the tailor is dead so they waited so long, I think.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Right but forget that she did that on a personal level but think of it as from a security standpoint. She just blew the cover! She ran to him after the massacre...straight to him. Its safe to say the CIA isn't the only one with eyes out there. Common sense check. She may be mentally unbalanced, but running into the arms of a confirmed domestic terrorist just doesn't ring true to me.

Mike's leap tho Brody killing Walker is based on one missing bullet? :rudy:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am super super sick of Carrie running to Brody at every step and showing how weak and "in love" she is with him. Its so stupid. She is so unprofessional, I don't expect anything else but I am totally sick of her being a bumbling mess.

She became a "bumbling mess" after 7 of her men were gunned down. This wasn't just one of her mood swings, people she worked closely with are dead and she thinks Brody had something to do with it.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did Carrie and company ever consider that Nazir's people had eyes on Brody? His lie about spending the night with Carrie might be discovered. A little bit sloppy by the CIA.

Demon

Evil b*stard
Daps
Reppin
Hell on Earth
show is dope, but at times, it becomes and unbelievable clusterfukk.

Not complaining, and not like Ima throw it in the bushes, just saying :manny:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
breh Carrie is legit crazy ontop of having a vagina. her behavior is expected

EVERY episode she is in she looks like she bout to have a nervous breakdown...as all big and shyt when she talks like :ohmy:....

Claire Danes deserves them Emmys :obama: