In Carrie we trust - Homeland Season 2 thread

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
A great finale.

I love Saul, but I have to wonder about him being the mole for various reasons...

- Nazir and Co. have been able to get highly classified information via the CIA all along. It could be Galvez, but it seems as if it would have to be someone with maybe a bit more clout. Saul would fit that description. Also, wasn't Saul the head guy before Estes? Wasn't there some power play that allowed Estes to become Saul's boss? If so, would Saul know the codes in Estes' office if the codes were never changed?

- He's failed polygraph tests

- He's been in the room when 2 detained Nazir followers killed themselves.

- He was adamant about Brody not being killed by Quinn/Estes, and yet fully believes Brody hasn't changed and is still very much a terrorist. Also, if Brody is dead, then he couldn't be at the Walden thing and have it set up so his SUV blew up and caused the explosion.

- Being against Carrie's involvement with Brody seems very totally legit, but he may also not want her to get close to thinking he could be the mole.

- He's somehow the person on call to be at Nazir's burial at sea. If Saul was really the mole, then he can legitimately be with Nazir without it looking suspicious. It also got him out of attending the Walden thing, and keeps him clear of the bomb. Actually, now that I think about it, it sort of reminds me of Michael Corleone's murder of the 5 Families in the Godfather. He's at a baptism while everyone else is being murdered. Saul's at a burial while everyone else is being killed. He also asks Carrie to go with him to the burial...maybe to keep her out of harm's way?

- Was there more than 1 copy of Brody's confession? Saul is the one who found Brody's confession, and somehow it was leaked to Nazir's group so that it could be leaked to the media.

- Saul always seems to be out of the line of fire when all of these things are going down. Is it just luck or is it purposefully done this way to give him a sort of low profile?

I love Saul, so it's not like I want him to be the mole, but at this point, I don't feel like we can discount him as a possibility. I think the mole is someone we've already met, and there aren't too many people left who would fit the sort of profile the mole would have.

:mindblown:

- It's pretty well established Brody killed the first terrorist in the interrogation room. Remember Brody tackled the terrorist? That's when he could've handed him the blade. Saul has nothing to gain by killing Aileen. Nothing.

- Polygraph tests are easy to fool and even easier to mistakenly fail.

- He doesn't want Carrie, someone who's already emotionally unstable, involved with a potential terrorist. That's completely logical.

- Estes couldn't go to Nazir's funeral since he's a close friend of Walden. Someone has to represent the agency at the burial, and it made sense that Saul had to go.

I'm not gonna even address the rest of the post. It's just one giant reach. Saul's not the mole. If he is, most of his actions to this point wouldn't make any sense. It'd be an immediate jump-the-shark moment.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To the people saying Saul is the mole, why would Nazir even need Brody if he has someone up that high in the CIA who has direct acess to the VEEP? Saul would have had amole opportunities to kill the Veep over the years and being a CIA agent, would have known how to plannit using some of Nazir's other men or possibly sacrificed himself for the cause.

If Saul was working with Nazir, Brody would not have been needed.

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
People are forgetting that Saul is a Jew. Him working for Al-Qaeda makes absolutely no sense. It's like red and black ants trying to get along.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Saul: wanna come along

Carrie: i cant i promised Brody i would see him at the funeral service

Saul: :merchant: well atleast walk me out

'im starting to think he the mole on the second watch

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
Damn, this finale caught me off guard. Didn't see that explosion coming. Even though shyt points to saul being a mole(the writers want that thought in your mind) I just don't see it. Saul too fukking compassionate for that, he ain't bout that life. I can def see Quinn or Estes being up for some shyt like that, but not saul. I don't even think there has to be a mole. Al Qaeda just might be deeper than they thought.

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
you ppl callin saul the mole are the same ppl that wanna cop pleas and daps for I CALLED IT FIRST shyt, saul aint the damn mole, if u been watchin the show this is clear as day. quit tryna call out random shyt to get net-cred lik its somethin special to rep bout. Saul's entire character development would be a complete hypocrosy if the writers made him a mole.

as for the finale, 10/10. this show goes hard

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
And that scene with all the bodies laid out in white and saul speaking hebrew was powerful breh's :to:

And I was wondering how were they going to do a compelling season 3. Not any more:dj2:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
somebody moved Brodys car and blew up the explosives in it

even if its not Saul somebody on the inside did that

The regular "bad guys" could've done that. They did have a press agent right next to the VP for months after all. They have a lot of resources at their disposal.

They could have someone on the inside, but I don't see how it's any of the characters we know. People thought it was Galvez, he's dead. People thought it was Saul, but that makes no sense.

Fred.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The regular "bad guys" could've done that. They did have a press agent right next to the VP for months after all. They have a lot of resources at their disposal.

They could have someone on the inside, but I don't see how it's any of the characters we know. People thought it was Galvez, he's dead. People thought it was Saul, but that makes no sense.

Fred.
Galvez is dead again man? :wtf: :to:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Fred gonna commit that when they reveal Sauls the mole next season :pachaha:

Nah breh a lot of die-hard "Homeland" fans are gonna commit that because that's some jump the shark shyt. Even if people could rationalize how it makes sense this season, it completely destroys any kind of logic from season 1.

If somebody can explain how Saul being the mole makes sense in the context of his character from season 1 and 2, go for it. I don't see how it's possible without ruining the show.

Fred.