In all seriousness, what do you think the black community will look like in a 100 years? 500?

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Africans I'm not too worried about.

But these diaspora negroes especially the ones in america are about to be non existence or at best a mulatto racial group

Nah, overall if you look at it there won't be a disappearance of the Black community but it will split regionally.

Black folks in the South, Maryland, and a few other places with a critical mass will largely marry and have kids with each other, especially in large metro areas. The mixed Black population will grow as a percentage but I don't think it will get past 1/5 of the total.

In other more 'liberal' areas like the West coast, much of the Midwest outside big cities like Detroit or Chicago and the far northeast, I expect the Black population will have a lot of mixing. The question though about the survival of the Black communities in these areas are how the mixed people identify and who they have kids with. Since mixed Black women are only having kids with Black men 50% of the time and mixed Black men are having kids with Black women only 30% or less of the time, I think a lot of those mixed people won't identify with the Black community overall so you will have aging legacy Black communities where the young people either swirl or emigrate down South.

The US Black population is too big and too segregated to completely mix like Brazil. On the other hand, absent immigration, the Black communities in the UK and Canada (esp. outside Ontario) are on their way to assimilation. Those communities largely never got past reppin' their parents' home countries and never formed a cohesive community. The Caribbean descent will go first and the African descent may hang on for an extra generation or two.

Economically I think there could be a chasm though as a minority of educated and well-off Blacks (like 10-20%) are hanging on the middle class status while the rest are poor.

I actually put numbers behind this in another thread here

Last edited:

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Black men might get our shyt together and finally take our place among the community of nations.

I think this will happen. Not just because I hold on to hope, but I am betting that as America declines economically and socially there will be a massive collective wake up call that you will either address or become irrelevant. It's sad but a lot of Black folks don't want to work together unless there is a gun to our head.

To be honest, if you read the history of the Jewish people, the Dreyfus Affair and Nazis basically woke them up from the idea they were going to smoothly assimilate into European society.

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Africans I'm not too worried about.

But these diaspora negroes especially the ones in america are about to be non existence or at best a mulatto racial group
IF BW and WM were fukking around for 400-500 years and dark skinned nikkas still exist, I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. Stop projecting this Marcus Garvey purity shyt. That nikka had a mixed wife and died broke anyway.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
That's more a question of what do you WANT to see and are you active in the facilitation of it happening

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The world will be unrecognizable in 100 years let alone 500. Rapid technological growth, climate change and massive cultural shifts will change everything.

For real. Climate Change is gonna WRECK the American south into extreme heat temperatures up to 140 degrees in the summertime :damn:

I dunno if humanity has more than 40 good years left, much less 100 or 500(!!!) years left.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Between the race mixing,and black men being jealous of the attention and perks of being a "bad bytch". I expect black people overall to be fully octaroon compliant by 2060. And if you understand epigenetics like I do. I envision a future where black men will look like some variation of Tisha Cambell. Muscular redbones,disturbingly vuluptious. Hair stylized similar to Gina in season 2 of Martin.
images

Perfectly appropriate for European office spaces#SuperCuts.

But dont worry,those of us who left the country will tell the tragic story of the Octaroonians,formerly known as African Americans/ADOS:respect:

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
Black folks in the South, Maryland, and a few other places with a critical mass will largely marry and have kids with each other, especially in large metro areas. The mixed Black population will grow as a percentage but I don't think it will get past 1/5 of the total.
This I strongly disagree. I can't say current trends can't or won't change but I doubt it will. The deconstruction of the black family is too far along to change unless something drastic happens and even then, I posit it would be due to policy then culture.

kraken-large.png

Source: NCFMR analyses of U.S. Census Bureau, Decennial Census, 1900-2010 (IPUMS); U.S. Census Bureau, American Community Survey, 2018 (IPUMS).

I also believe the mulatto will eventually reach parity with the black population, sooner or later. Look at Brazil.

World-Data-composition-pie-chart-Brazil.jpg

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
This I strongly disagree. I can't say current trends can't or won't change but I doubt it will. The deconstruction of the black family is too far along to change unless something drastic happens and even then, I posit it would be due to policy then culture.

kraken-large.png

Source: NCFMR analyses of U.S. Census Bureau, Decennial Census, 1900-2010 (IPUMS); U.S. Census Bureau, American Community Survey, 2018 (IPUMS).

I also believe the mulatto will eventually reach parity with the black population, sooner or later. Look at Brazil.

World-Data-composition-pie-chart-Brazil.jpg

What is the first graph a chart of?

I've lived in Brazil. A large chunk of the 'mulatto' class is not people with a White parent but people who don't want to call themselves Black per Brazilian social norms. 75% or so of the mulattoes in Brazil would be Black in the US based on appearance and ancestral lineage.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Domestic and abroad. :lupe:
I see us in the exact same place one hundred from now. Both domestically and abroad. Irregardless of what we do on a local or micro level , we cant ignore the gigantic global forces with their feet on our neck.

However, 500 years from now i think we'd have an oppourtunity as the surrounding global power structures shift. The brittish empire had a little more than 400 years of dominance, but was ended by a power shift in ww2 . Our current empire has no more than a hundred years left at about 300years of existence since 1776.

I dont think there is anything we can do to hasten the process so its really just a waiting game. All empires since mesopatamea either rot from inside or collapse under the weight of expansion . Which is why im personally opposed to "the struggle" on our part. Its time wasting. I take the view point that any struggle on black peoples part will be a hollow, short lived victory like the maccabee rebellion in rome, or dare i say haiti's independece movement. There needs to be dysfunction on par with Persia during Darius III 's reign or China during the opium wars for black people to get wiggle room.

Of course, this doesnt stop individual pockets of black people from growing. For example, at the height of Roman dominance there were prominent barbarians within the empire. Same could be said for prominent arabs during Spanish expansion or prominent koreans during Japanese imperial expansion. In a similar vein, there will be little islands of black success within a sea of misery.

Last edited: