In a relationship, are you supposed to put your girl before your friends?

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Ive noticed the older men get the less time they spend w/ their friends.

Men have work, family to take care of, bills to pay etc...
I only really see women w/ groups of girl friends that talk and hang out all the time.
Most guys seem to hang out at events...like everyone meets at someones house for a PPV fight, working out together etc...

Thats pretty much how it is... They "guys" meet up for a super bowl party, a bbq, nba playoff, etc.

By the time i get home from work and eat and help the kids with their homework it's to late to hang out especially when you gotta get up early the next morning and do it all over again. Then there's the weekend which only means saturday, which is catching up on rest I missed from the week. Then sunday is pretty much getting ready for Monday and eh same ol routine again.

Damn, I wanna be single

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
u put the person u with before ur friends but at the same time the friends u have known for such a long time should be able to spend time with you

and if she is a good woman there shouldn't be no issues bout it all cuz she should trust u with ur friends and at least met them on several occasions

so when u wanna hang out with them she can be like go head have some fun with the boys but make sure u give her the attention she needs and deserve not that hard to balance both

DeuceZ

Li pitit gason
Daps
Reppin
3rd Rock From the Sun
Put happiness first...ideally your woman should be the one bringing you the joy/comfort blazy blah....if u find being wit ur boys (n girls) more fulfilling thats just a symptom of the problem in the relationship

someone should have told me this in college :ohlawd:

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Friends are replaceable, good women are hard to find.

Real friends will understand how serious a serious relationship is. Just cuz you can't kick it everyday don't mean you're not boys.

good friends are irreplaceable, a good woman knows this.

Your significant other should be one of your best friends anyway
All real shyt.....a nice combination of this thinking works best

@Malta said "friends" are replaceable....but that is only half true....friends are...GOOD friends are not, they are irreplaceable but the second half of his post is 100

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
I think balance is key... definitely find time for the boys. But DO NOT miss important events with your lady or the family (on either side)

At my age, women and friends are replaceable so :manny:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Great answers and i have decided to put that woman first :ohlawd:

I used to go to my hometown on weekends and not even tell her I was there but go out with my friends :wow:

I have apologized to her and made my peace and now we are getting stronger as a couple :ohlawd:

I love her :noah:

my friends will understand :lawd:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2UvbjQwbE[/ame]

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
also ... we both are best friends even though we have been on and off ... i cant believe it took me so long to realize this shyt :smh:

2 weeks ago...we were just sitting down...and then she looked at me, i looked at her, and she said "gator, you're my best friend and i love you" and then she kissed me

:noah:

zopaco317

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

this will take you needy/lonely nikkas far if you take this gospel.

A good woman= best friend and lover

good friend= can change like the wind.

I'm still young so i havent been in any SERIOUS relationships but i'll be damned if i blow off my friends, and i mean my BEST friends, for my girl. My group of friends are like my bros and we have been like this for about 8 years

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

eh, i always had it the other way around in a sense. Especially if you grew up with your nikkas and known them forever.

Women, always come a dime a dozen.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Well its about balance, but if you friends are trill they understand. My potnas do it all the time, go missing for a while.. I don't trip, never have. i might make a few jokes next time I see them but shyt its all love if them nikkas happy...

I lost a few friends when I got engaged and got married, but I realized them were the friends who were all like "Where da hoes" so when a nikka stopped bringing all the hoes around and stopped being a All Pro Wingman nikkas kinda faded away... All my reall potnas stayed down and was legit happy for a nikka...

shyt I still will go out with my potnas, spend a afternoon blowing blunts and playing 2k but I just can't be out there like everyday. I tell my potnas, if something is going down just let a nikka know ahead of time and I'm there. Its not like I gotta get permission or no shyt, its just respect. A nikka got fam so if I'ma do something I let the wifey know ahead of time so she doesn't schedule no shyt for us to do and the shyt works out fine.

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
unfortunately your girl always has to come before your buddies. it sucks and thats why the single life is all im about.