In a relationship, are you supposed to put your girl before your friends?

7PHX

Pro
Daps
just spend more time around whoever you enjoy being around more. I wouldn't bother getting close to a woman if I didn't actually like spending time with her

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
If you're planning to wife this girl, she should take priority but that doesn't mean you have to throw your friends in the bushes.

If she implies that you should. Throw that bytch in bushes.

:yeshrug:

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Ive noticed the older men get the less time they spend w/ their friends.

Men have work, family to take care of, bills to pay etc...
I only really see women w/ groups of girl friends that talk and hang out all the time.
Most guys seem to hang out at events...like everyone meets at someones house for a PPV fight, working out together etc...

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
In a relationship, your significant other should be put before you, but not above you.

Both parties of the relationship should be doing this to contribute to the well-being of the relationship. This ensures that no one is putting more or less into the relationship than the other person. Also, by not putting your SO above you, you avoid the pathetic simpery of many relationships. If you don't understand what that means, all I'm saying is that you should consider all things relationship wise with your SO in mind, but don't let them be the be-all and end-all of your relationship. Don't let them control you. That's also how you stop them from fukking up all of your friendships.

Some of you, unsurprisingly, sound very selfish. If you don't want to put your woman first in the relationship then don't get into a relationship with her. You couldn't possibly satisfy her real needs. Likewise ladies if your man isn't your first priority then don't waste his time. You won't give him what he needs.

With that being said, friends come and go, but your girl is going to be a lot more than a friend to you fellas. Don't try drop your friends, but consider your woman before you do your friends. That's why it's so important to keep your SO locked down before you worry about your friends. When your friends move on in life (and trust me, they will), the only one who will still be around is your SO. Know that.

iamstr8fire

Apex Predator
Daps
Reppin
In The Thunder and Rain
I've always expected my friends to put their chicks before me unless the chick was just a side piece. I've always done the same. Dudes understand the game and don't get bent about it.

I've also seen friends of former gfs get real bent out of shape when I was put 'before them'. :what: :heh: :russ: :snoop:

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me
We're not talking about just some chick you're dating, I said a good woman, someone you can have a child and future with. What exactly can your friends give you that cannot be replaced? Please let me know, unless a nikka is giving you a kidney miss me with all that nonsense.

You have friends that you been tight with for 22 years? I have brothers, so to me no nikka that didn't share the same womb as me could ever be irreplaceable. I know my brothers would die for me, you only think your friends would :mjpls:

:rudy:I got a 38 year old brother ..so whats your point?..im speaking about my homies though because thats what this was about. And you think your woman would die for u? :snoop: god forbid anything life threatening happens to you..but you in for a surprise if you gonna put your life in the hands of a woman

Btw...whats really so hard about finding a good woman..? I have no problems finding good women, so maybe we just have different experiences. Maybe in your experiences your boys dont respect you..and you have a hard tome finding good women

But i worry about n!ggas like you..you the same type a n!gga that do some crazy sh!t when you find out your woman two timed you...

N!ggas catch cases over there girl all the time and its often the ones who hold women to this high regard like you do...you cut off your friends and everything else around you...and then when they find out she aint sh!t, you realize you dont have anything left

its about BALANCE

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
Instead of worrying about either one of them, how about you put yourself first?

If you want to do something with your fellas.. do something with your fellas

If you want to do something with your girl... do something with your girl

Learn how to say "No" to both of them.

Be your own man, make your decisions at your convenience. People may be upset, but they'll respect you more for it.

Black

GOAT
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ/FL
Nah [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6HCZzBfJss[/ame] :birdman:

YEAHitsHER

aggressive
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For a serious relationship your significant other should take precedent over friends. For me, at the end of the day it's not my friends that are gonna be cuddled up in bed with me nor will they be the ones that I plan to build a romantics future with( marriage). However, I will still make time for friends but the older a person gets their priorities should change. IMO if you still shouting bros before hoes ( this goes for men and women) u lost

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
My husband will always come before my friends, and I'm sure they feel the same way about their significant others. I love them like sisters, but they know what the deal is.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Yes especially if you're considering marrying her. You have to think, this is the woman you're starting a family with. Why would you put her after your friends. Friends are not forever and in this day and age, neither are women but you set a better example as a family man to put your woman, before your friends.

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
My Ol' Man would come before my friend-girls, and each one of us believe in this so there wouldn't be a problem.

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
good friends are irreplaceable, a good woman knows this.

My girl tells me this all the time, she sees the relationship (pause) me and my friends have, my true friends.

great friends great woman great family :blessed:

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
Cant fukk ya friends :yeshrug:

At the end of the day, ya real friends will respect that you have a gf

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It depends upon how serious you are, what your friends are like and how long you've known her.

ETA- by that I mean, if your friends are some immature reckless pussies who interfere in your relationship or try to mess things up for you, then you need to re-evaluate them. If your girlfriend is a bytch who never lets you have any time with your friends, then you need to re-evaluate her.

However, at a certain point in your life, real friends will understand that they will have to take a backseat to other personal interests and relationships like wife, kids, fam etc. and be there for you when you need them.