Immortal Fenyx rising (PS4,Xbox,Switch and PC)

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Picked this back up again on Stadia. This game deserves some respeck on it's name it's low-key a sleeper hit:ohlawd:

Game looked like booty juice on Switch:scusthov: but this at 60FPS is not bad at all:ehh:

Immortals-Fenyx-Rising-Stadia.jpg
I said it when the game came out that it was one of Ubi's best games in recent memories. It reminded me of the type of stuff they were doing back in the PS2 days. And yes, the game looks like ass on Switch but it's still enjoyable.

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
You can get this for 13.99 on epic game store with the 10 dollar off card in your email utntil Nov 1st

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bad decisions and i haven’t even (and dont have any interest) played it.

It was like their only well received game outside of their big 3 in years. Weird choice. People are gonna get burnt out on 90 hour assassin creed games eventually
They played TOTK and realized they are outta their depth :russ:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They played TOTK and realized they are outta their depth :russ:

They could have continued to make it its own with a another iteration. A Immortals Fenyx Egypt could have done really well for them.

Watch them pivot back to it once someone else makes it into a successful formula

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
They could have continued to make it its own with a another iteration. A Immortals Fenyx Egypt could have done really well for them.

Watch them pivot back to it once someone else makes it into a successful formula
It didn't seem like the game made a lot of waves online, I didn't think anyone bought it like that

It was also hard to discern who they were targeting for the game, it seemed too in depth for a kids game but too kiddy for teenagers

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It didn't seem like the game made a lot of waves online, I didn't think anyone bought it like that

It was also hard to discern who they were targeting for the game, it seemed too in depth for a kids game but too kiddy for teenagers

It didn’t do that big sales wise but WOM and discounts helped it a lot. When you’re ubisoft throwing out one critical dud after another you gotta celebrate your victories. In the article they mentioned it sold 70% less than Valhalla on release, so what do they do do?

9 more assassins creed games in development, that wont hit a point of diminishing returns at all

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I don’t think Ubi is in the business of breaking a new IP anymore, unless it’s a massive success from day one. They’ve been paint-by-numbers (literally the poster child for it) for too long for me to believe otherwise.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don’t think Ubi is in the business of breaking a new IP anymore, unless it’s a massive success from day one. They’ve been paint-by-numbers (literally the poster child for it) for too long for me to believe otherwise.

Ubi slowly morphing into Activision, where they just throw all their studios on AC

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

That’s a shame because I thought this series had potential. It was basically Breath of the Wild with an actual combat system. I don’t think they’d need to replicate Tears for a sequel, but instead just stay in that lane of open world fantasy with good combat and some puzzle/exploration stuff

I agree with @CarltonJunior in that it was too deep to be a kids game but the art style made it seem that way and the game never really caught on like that. It was one of those hidden gem kind of games IMO

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
It didn’t do that big sales wise but WOM and discounts helped it a lot. When you’re ubisoft throwing out one critical dud after another you gotta celebrate your victories. In the article they mentioned it sold 70% less than Valhalla on release, so what do they do do?

9 more assassins creed games in development, that wont hit a point of diminishing returns at all
I agree in developing new IPs to prevent yourself from becoming stale and building it up but I don't know if immortals is the one to develop, there's other games in it's lane that do it better, and I don't think it's capturing the target audience.

I'd take the bones of it and try something else that might catch on a bit better. Imagine a rabbids game with streamlined immortal mechanics, kids might go for that

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I remember a couple of jokes were a bit risqué for kids but they were told in a way that kids wouldn’t necessarily pick up on it…I think the game tried to target multiple groups