IMDB's rating system > Rotten Tomatoes

El Cocodrilo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All I know is The World's End had a 90 something and nobody in the theater laughed once.... ever since that day, film critics aint shyt to me.

Not to mention they (critics) always shyt on action and comedy movies to make themselves seem more refined or something. Its all bullshyt.

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
All I know is The World's End had a 90 something and nobody in the theater laughed once.... ever since that day, film critics aint shyt to me.

Not to mention they (critics) always shyt on action and comedy movies to make themselves seem more refined or something. Its all bullshyt.
and thats why RT will always be retarded to me

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Depends on the critic breh. Mission impossible 4 got great reviews and so did 21 jump street and even the last 2 fast and furious movies have gotten good reviews not all great but good. Every critic is different. Roger Ebert loved a good action film

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
21 jump st was complete garbage

Meh. I liked it. But again shyt isn't a science. The whole point of film criticism is understanding that there are different views from your own and that's gotta be ok with you as the critic or the viewer. Everyone will look at a film differently because everyone brings different things to a film and different expectations. That's normally why I don't read reviews until after I catch a flick and use them as a supplement to the film and my own thoughts.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull whatever the fukk it was called is a 78% on Rotten Tomatoes. Think about that the next time you put stock in the site.
I still say that Crystal Skull is a decent movie, but obviously no where near as good as first 3.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
:what:

You do realize how RT works right?

Yes, they compile critic reviews (most of them bloggers) and the percent is based on how many positive reviews vs. negative reviews. Very simple. I don't get why you're questioning me on that, my point was that the last Indiana Jones had 78% positive reviews which shows how retarded most of these bloggers are. :manny:

There's plenty of other examples where I felt they were way off also :manny:

Daps
Yes, they compile critic reviews (most of them bloggers) and the percent is based on how many positive reviews vs. negative reviews. Very simple. I don't get why you're questioning me on that, my point was that the last Indiana Jones had 78% positive reviews which shows how retarded most of these bloggers are. :manny:

There's plenty of other examples where I felt they were way off also :manny:
I'm questioning you on that because how could you possibly rule most of the critics as being "retarded" (off a handful of films) when it's not the same ones reviewing every film. You understand how the formula works, yet you're criticizing the site based on the ratings of a small amount of films (therefore a small # of critics). It's probably best to take the EXACT reviewer(s) of the EXACT film with a pinch of salt, rather than the site itself.