IMDB's rating system > Rotten Tomatoes

clouddd

had cyphers with yeezy before his mouth wired
Daps
both are pretty weak. RT is some illogical shyt that got wildly popular and somehow became relevant, IMDB film ratings can't be trusted with all the fanboys, multiple accounts, and people getting in feelings

if you're looking for someone to inform you on what to think, meta critic is the only plausible aggregate that isn't biased in its own formula

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
RT isn't illogical, it's just that some people still don't understand how it works

Yeah I don't see how it's hard to understand: a critic reviews a movie and then submits that review to the site and decide whether their review is rotten or fresh. The site, using basic math, creates a percentage

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
If we're talking user reviews sure. I prefer Metacritic though since it gives you links to great reviews and bad reviews so you get the full spectrum.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We least with Rotten Tomatoes, it is aggregated to a percent of how the CRITICS overall liked or dislike the film. The is impossible to manipulate, whereas with IMDB, all it is is manipulation. That's like saying you trust Wikipedia in telling history.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
RT is some illogical shyt that got wildly popular and somehow became relevant,

meta critic is the only plausible aggregate that isn't biased in its own formula

:dead:

Metacritic is essentially the same idea as RT...an attempt to put a singular score on the overall critical response to a movie/show/game.

Metacritic tries to find a real "rating" by averaging scores, whereas RT just goes by a binary Fresh/Rotten scale. The problem is that people see a 20% RT score and assume that critics (or often, the RT site itself :what:) think it's a 2/10.

Daps
Reppin
THE BIG MD
It does. :ehh:

Godfather is overrated. Not even in my top 100.
please slowly exit the thread

full

Daps
I'll never agree 100% with any rating system/site, but I like imdb the most cuz I know how to weight it depending on the circumstance (be it the black bias, the low number of votes, the fanboyism, etc.)

I think too much energy is wasted ranking movies and jjudging rankings...what's the point? I use rating systems/sites/critics strictly to help me decide which movies are worth my time. Imdb is the best at that for me.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
fukk outta here.:camby:

I haven't picked a bad movie in about 5 years since I started using rotten tomatoes.

Saved so.much cash on trash movies that I later caught on tv.

RT put me on to some movies i would never touch other wise.

While I'm at red box I go right to RT :banderas: