I'm walking way from the IT field 100k and DMV. Wish me luck COLI!

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
i don't blame you. a lot of times you might make a lot of money, but you're not really getting ahead if you're spending it all. Minimize your expenditures, live a low expense lifestyle and you really won't need all that income. You can get a job that pays significantly less and still enjoy life.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
Which statement sounds like ducktales to you breh?

:birdman: From my days at SOHH, folks now I've been authentic. I've posted pics and all.

Darkskinned Excellence :salute:

I hired an old wealthy white woman as my realtor thru USAA.com. I'm getting a 1000$ just for using USAA. Anyhow, my realtor says that 99% of all sells in Prince William County, Va have gotten their asking price this quarter. Don't see how mine would be any different. I live and a really nice area. She showed me the days on the market sheet for homes in my neighbor. Nothing but 6, 12, 18, 11, and maybe one home in the 20 day range. Northern VA is booming. Military, contractors, govt, lobbyst. DC is too high and Md is too hood.

Even if I have to drop the price down some, I'm getting more than 50k from it worse case. I'm a black project kid, that came to DC with 180$ to my name. I'm leaving with an Audi A6 paid for, absolutely no debt once so ever. And more money than I've ever had in my life.

:blessed:
Coming from someone who just went thru both the buying and selling experience in the last few months I'd just advise you to not count your eggs before they hatch. Nothing ever goes as expected. And all real estate agents are full of massive amounts of shyt. Even the one representing you. Especially if she's Jewish. And that's also coming from a jew. :ld:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
:usure: .................. *cough* ..................... um OP what happened to that Asian chick you said went half on a baby with you ...................... :patrice: ... you made a whole thread on that :lupe:

:birdman: throw the family in the bushes :wow: Another single parent black household :to:

PrinceDeeDer

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know anyone from the hood, working in IT. Mail room or call center maybe, IT nah :youngsabo:

All I know from the-coli is you make 100k-900k, date pawgs, drive foreign whips :lawd:

Ill fake it till I make it, im just making a dollar out of 15 cents :manny::lawd:

I told this n*gga ma condo is worth 100K he said 100K is nothing...i was like yo house must be worth $10,000,000 if 100k is nothing

A__Ne2PCIAItOrD.jpg:large

These n*ggas be online millionaires in they mind SMH

36987633.jpg

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
I have a great career in IT, n a world where most people think having a good job/career is the most important in life. I, like many the-coli is making 100k a year. I drive a nice car, nice house, nice looking women (not much substance or possiblilty of a future with them). I'm deciding to give it all up fellas and move back to Louisiana for a while. DC has burnt me out. Traffic, the hustle and bussle of city life. The fake-boogie crowds. I miss my family and I miss the South. I've moved back home before, but I was broke and was dating a broker girl. Now I have a more "Game of Thrones" mentality. You married to better the family and to give your kids a better chance to succeed.

First off, my car is almost paid off.
My savings is looking very nice.
My home is about to go on the market for 270k and I only owe 180k
With the profit from that and my savings, I should have about a 100k.
With only a cell bill and car insurance bill, I can travel take a year off or whatever. :whew:

I plan to travel some, take a few months off to case the city and just enjoy freedom, life and my family. And to see if there's a business I could start. I'm also looking to purchase a house down there for around 40k and do some renovations myself and rent that out.

Everyone's asking me, have you found a job?:childplease:

That slave mentality, I plan to create jobs :win:

I'm stepping out on the limb fellas. I'm not looking back, worst comes to worse, i'll get a IT job in Dallas and Atl Wish me well

:salute:

:salute: God speed breh. IT in DMV is good money but the traffic, high cost of living gets so damn tiring. I was born and raised here so this all i know but I hear places like Houston & Austin are poppin off big time in IT right now. I'm strongly considering tryin out the south for a year or 2

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
:salute: God speed breh. IT in DMV is good money but the traffic, high cost of living gets so damn tiring. I was born and raised here so this all i know but I hear places like Houston & Austin are poppin off big time in IT right now. I'm strongly considering tryin out the south for a year or 2

Same here...But I'm afraid I won't be able to find an employer to rape with the money I make for the little work I do out here...

I just want to ride it out till the wheels fall off then I move.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How is IT 100K in the DMV?! It's barely 75,000 on the NYSE here in NYC?!?

:mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:

IT is a broad field so maybe you're not in a high paying field or you work for a company that doesn't pay very well. The DMV deals with a lot of government contracts and if you have a clearance you'll easily make 6 figures. Non cleared people will make less but still over 50k. This is all depending on the company.

Contractors cake in this area.