Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Some sort of a combination of pride, superficial attachments and distrust of others. Among other things

And other people motivating them, with incentives.

Back in the day, ignorant people get checked (most of the time). Now they get rewarded with attention and money

Daps
I thought you might be taking a new gig or something that would limit your time here when you mentioned in another post about not missing somebody in TLR when you left. Didn't know you were leaving the board altogether.

At any rate, as has already been said, you are by far one of the best posters on here and I for one always appreciated your dedication to citing your positions with thoroughly researched evidence and references. That journalist gene is still in me, so infinite kudos to that. And as I'm sure is the main reason for your exodus, I know that shyt had to be time consuming as a motherfukker. Hopefully you know that they didn't always fall on deaf ears. Plus, you never know what lurkers browse these boards and saw the juxtaposition of your posts vs. the dap-fishing e-militant MAGA morons over in TLR. You let the facts speak for themselves and whether they agreed or disagreed, few people here could ever say your arguments were ever in bad faith or unreasonable.

Salute to you good sir. Your contributions here were, and will remain, invaluable.

:salute:

Having said that.......:lolbron:

I've been saying since the retirement posts that used to pop up on a nearly weekly basis over 20yrs ago on SOHH......nobody "retires" from internet discussions and boards. So all things in moderation my man.

There's nothing wrong with occassional input here and there. You can drastically reduce the time you spend here and still post when warranted.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How did I know Napoleon was in here spamming. I’ve had that dude on ignore for like 3-4 years now. It makes a world a difference.
I initially had nap on ignore. Then I realised that his going quiet is probably a surefire way to tell if the feds are about to raid the site. So he is basically my snitch notification system :pachaha:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Rhakim,

Enjoyed the verbal/mental sparring.

The right wing funded disinformation campaigns and YTer driven diaspora and gender wars crawled into The Coli leading up to the 2020 election. Fractured the forum, perhaps irreparably.
People cosigned a lot of lies and nonsense the past 2 years and can never be taken seriously.

I say all that to say that you're not the only one who is disturbed at the clown behavior, or that mods allow/encourage it because it drives traffic.

Last edited:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I noticed some non-HL posters coming in to pollute the thread. Wonder how they found it and what possessed them to come in? And just about at the same time too, eh? At least they're giving an object lesson in the exact sort of shyt I'm talking about.

I'm not even mad at that one - it makes sense Nap would be upset to see me go. I'm one of his favorite posters.

c8Al186.jpg

If shyt-posting is the only way he knows how to mourn, then goshdarnit, let him mourn his way.
God dammit :laff:

See? You wanna leave the ability to do that behind?? Come onnnnnnnnnnnnn:russ:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
lol, yeah if you spending anything more than a few mins on TLR then you’ll end up being sick of this shyt. :russ:
Yo dead ass I must’ve spent literally 10 minutes in the Locker Room since we came over here from SOHH.

The Ladies Room was mad fun and really couldn’t be fukked with.

The Locker Room is ASSCHEEKS that shyt is sad…

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
You have collected a lot of scalps
:ehh:

Sadly, coli scalps grow right the fukk back
There are just too many trolls and idiots here:francis:

The board as a whole is toxic as fukk.. and that shyt is contagious
I keep trying to be a positive person,but as soon as I log onto this site.. I relapse
Staying the hell away from TLR would help tremendously.
That forum is a shyt hole
:hhh:
I've got to echo what everyone else has said. OP is a great informative poster and will be missed. And TLR is a real cesspool of indigant ignorance and I began spending less and less time there as my mind matured, and as the forum overall just fell off.

Daps
Rhakim,

The right wing funded disinformation campaigns and YTer driven diaspora and gender wars crawled into The Coli leading up to the 2020 election. Fractured the forum, perhaps irreparably.
People consigned a lot of lies and nonsense the past 2 years and can never be taken seriously.

I say all that to say that you're not the only one who is disturbed at the clown behavior, or that mods allow/encourage it because it drives traffic.

Agree with all of this, only that shyt was going on waaaaaaay before 2020 election season.

I've thought before that maybe the mods should consider even just a trial period of removing the dap feature. The content posted and talked about around here would change instantaneously.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Yo dead ass I must’ve spent literally 10 minutes in the Locker Room since we came over here from SOHH.

The Ladies Room was mad fun and really couldn’t be fukked with.

The Locker Room is ASSCHEEKS that shyt is sad…

Locker Rooms get real dirty if they aren’t maintained so it makes sense :russ:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Rhakim,

People consigned a lot of lies and nonsense the past 2 years and can never be taken seriously.

Social media today in a nutshell. Not to mention that TheColi seems to have had its ownership transferred, and there is no transparency for the organizing structure of the site whatsover.
And I completely agree that since 2016, shyt has gotten worse and worse.
I use to enjoy debate across various sites. Now though, with the extreme polarization, the dig in behavior surfaces every time. I've become a fully jaded, boring adult.
That said, @Rhakim, as other posters have stated, drop by HL once or twice a week and ignore the rabble on the rest of the site.

Or, if you find another forum with a large amount of blackness to it that has reasonable dialogue, drop a PM :lolbron:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Y'all can see again this breh who just commented is the kinda stuff I'm talking about. On one hand it is party my fault cause I was far too aggressive and antagonized him, said some things meaner than I should have and probably hurt his feelings. On the other hand, the shyt he said about my wife was wild uncalled for. Why would I want to continue letting this sort of shyt into my life? Why is this even a reasonable way for people to deal with each other?

Here's the interactions we've had - you can see where he got that energy from:

Get exposed by your girlfriend for how long she curved you until she finally gave you a chance Brehs
Get exposed by your girlfriend for how long she curved you until she finally gave you a chance Brehs
Dallas has to be the bed wench capitol of America!
Trump called racism a HOAX. Says, RIP to Tangibles.
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/are...ning-this-fukkery.743518/page-3#post-35527271
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/every-episode-of-that-blackaf-show-netflix-is-titled-because-of-slavery.773752/page-4#post-37318823
Jayson Tatum on COVID: "I don't feel the same that I did before I had it"

Bernie Sanders keeping it a rack when it comes to these stimulus payments (Update: We getting paid!)
4 florida(broward county) teachers die from covid within 24hours
People latching on to a moving US Air Force plane desperately try to flee Afghanistan

Last edited: