I'm Thinking About Getting Dreads, Is it Worth it?

Marezzy

RIP my Nikka Zooboomafo πŸ•ŠοΈ11-20-2014πŸ•ŠοΈ
Daps
Reppin
Dallas,Tx
read your sig lmao I'm done, why you get em?
I had nothing but a taper and maybe a fro my whole life. I wanted to do something more with my hair while I have it so I got dreads. It's nice to be different even everybody and they momma getting dreads now.

FSP

Banned
Daps
I don't think I can ever go back to the low fade. You know how much more live your music is when your hair is going everywhere? You know how better it is beating them guts when chick pulling your hair? You know when a chick giving you play and bald headed bustas looking at you salty breh? You know that feeling you have because chicks straight jealous because a nikka hair longer than they shyt? When you can go from long hair dangling to ponytail to braids to hair back bandana breh? You know that bone chilling wind hitting hard as fukk but you don't feel shyt because dreads blocking all that breh? You remember that phase where your shyt wasn't lock yet you gotta keep getting it redone and your shyt is short and nikkas walking around with jungle vines on their heads? Remeber your shyt just got retwisted and people swimming and you gotta say some bytch shyt "Can't get my hair wet" :snoop: . I can't go back man I've done too much I'm in too deep I'm Walter White in this dread game, only way I'm letting these dreads go is cancer breh. :salute:

@Marezzy :dead:

I went back to the low fade tho :mjcry:

Cac boss made me. What kind of life am I living :why:

playplayaj

Drumming genius
Daps
Reppin
757 VA
It's only a hairstyle :mjlol:

If you lazy like me and tryna stop tryna paying for haircuts go for it. But be warned, s*** can be hella expensive that first year for salon maintenance :francis: get in cool with a chick who'll do it for the free :lolbron:

Could be. Here is my cost breakdown for when I first got locked in 2014

Getting them started: $45.00
Retwist 2 weeks later: $55
Retwist 2 weeks later $55
Retwist 4 weeks later $55
Retwist 5 weeks later $60

Then I went to every 8 weeks at $60. Now Im going 12 weeks in between retwists

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
1BPouo6.jpg

:camby:
Like I said its some Bay Area shyt
Not it's not nikka tal bay nikkas Aunt start dreads... Foh nikkas had dreads in the 70s in dc please stop the loud for u delusional..

Daps
My hair dont grow long enough for dreads :mjcry:

Really the reason I started growing dreads is because I was curious how I would look with long hair as I never had it because of how slow my hair grows. I always wanted cornrows bad (:mjcry:)

Getting my dreads braided sometimes is aight but it's not the same. Plus the tightness of it :scust: Now I know how those crying children feel when they get their hair done, the headache afterwards is no joke :wow:

FSP

Banned
Daps
Could be. Here is my cost breakdown for when I first got locked in 2014
Getting them started: $45.00
Retwist 2 weeks later: $55
Retwist 2 weeks later $55
Retwist 4 weeks later $55
Retwist 5 weeks later $60

Then I went to every 8 weeks at $60. Now Im going 12 weeks in between retwists
Yeah that shyt mad expensive b

I had a homegirl who would "hook me up" for $30 bones. Never got em twisted for free