I’m paying a scalper $720 for a PS5...am I winnin or losin?

Am I winnin or losin

• winnin

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • losin

Votes: 66 65.3%
  • $720 is not bad breh

Votes: 30 29.7%

• Total voters

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
At this point you aren't really missing much. I'd just wait and see if I could get one through normal means before 2022. Unless there's some game you absolutely have to play now this isn't really worth it.

Even if the system is difficult to get over a long timetable you'll likely land one. If I didn't buy and sell 2 other PS5s at launch to mostly pay for my own I wouldn't have one right now.

There could come an issue if you buy from a scalper unless they give you proof of original purchase Sony can decline you warranty coverage in the event something goes wrong.

Not hard to make a 100 dollars in the time he’s waited to get one for himself, I’m sure.

It’s like, wait two more months+ to hopefully get lucky and get one, or just pay the 100 dollar convenience fee?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Not hard to make a 100 dollars in the time he’s waited to get one for himself, I’m sure.

It’s like, wait two more months+ to hopefully get lucky and get one, or just pay the 100 dollar convenience fee?
There are just better things to do with money instead of overspend on products you say you aren't pressed to get right now because a company says over the next 6 months they'll be short supply. This is one of those cross that bridge when we get there situations.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
There are just better things to do with money instead of overspend on products you say you aren't pressed to get right now because a company says over the next 6 months they'll be short supply. This is one of those cross that bridge when we get there situations.

Well, I agree. If he’s not pressed then paying 100 dollars more doesn’t make sense. If he WERE pressed like say, if he really wanted to play R&C, Demon’s Souls, wanted all the bells and whistles of faster loading times, 60fps stuff, etc...yeah it’s worth it, but it’s different for everyone.

If i really couldn’t have gotten a PS5 through regular means at this point i would have easily paid the convenience tax. But I only really game on my PlayStation and to a lesser degree my switch so it would be an easy decision.

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
How bad do you want to play the games? I view demon souls, miles,astrobot, returnal, ratchet and ff7 intergrade as must plays...the longer you wait the bigger your backlog gonna be

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
How is the scalper getting their hands on them then? There will be PS5s available you just gonna have to stay on top of when stores get new stock.
Mayne ain’t nobody got time for all that. let the scalpers keep refreshing Walmart’s website every 5 secs :ehh:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
pretty much how much it costs in CAD at retail so I don't think you're losing or winning either way.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Better than that $1k versions listed on Amazon right now...:francis: I'm waiting til I can get it for $500 I don't feel like being fleeced or dealing with scalpers...:beli: my brother used a place called stock x I think he paid $700 and change too but he won't tell me...:mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY