I'm Officially DONE with Marvel.. Delete this thread. fukk the MCU and fukk Disney

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

Basically. Some just sensitive as fukk about it, and begging us to not speak like Marvel is they daddy. idk :manny:

Although we giving Marvel major props for taking great strides in recent years that other hollywood studios still don't, certainly better than Fox ever did, and Fox been doing X-Men movies since '00. lol. The original point was that they're currently doing better than DC with black characters (imo), altho DC still has some with potential if they can ever get they shyt together. But this ain't about DC.

Next we gotta get Monica Rambeau on the big screen :ohlawd:

Call up Chadwick's homegirl

Nicole+Beharie+Chadwick+Boseman+45th+NAACP+inkolrUEvGhl.jpg

latest

That's my Captain Marvel :to:

I NEED Monica to make it to the big screen.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I NEED Monica to make it to the big screen.
Hell yea, she better be more than Carol's best black friend in the Captain Marvel movie

Women of color have basically been the most neglected group when it comes to inclusion (or right up there at the top), which is why i felt a Monica Rambeau would've been a better investment than Carol since Wonder Woman was already going to bomb 1st with the core white female demographic.

Up until this Fox acquisition (pending or whatever it is), I felt she had next. Now it may go to Storm, depending on the timeline. Since Ororo has always been the obvious choice for such things. Kamala too for the younger gen

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Hell yea, she better be more than Carol's best black friend in the Captain Marvel movie

Women of color have basically been the most neglected group when it comes to inclusion (or right up there at the top), which is why i felt a Monica Rambeau would've been a better investment than Carol since Wonder Woman was already going to bomb 1st with the core white female demographic.

Up until this Fox acquisition (pending or whatever it is), I felt she had next. Now it may go to Storm, depending on the timeline. Since Ororo has always been the obvious choice for such things. Kamala too for the younger gen

The thing about Marvel is that they have GOOD black female characters. Which is hard to do for most comic companies. IMO Monica has more potential than Storm. She's a complete beast and a TRUE goddess when it comes to raw power.

Yea Monica is a better investment than Carol. For some reason I think her film is gonna be the MCU's biggest flop. Marvel knows how to make good black female characters they should expand on that and promote either Monica or Storm.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The thing about Marvel is that they have GOOD black female characters. Which is hard to do for most comic companies. IMO Monica has more potential than Storm. She's a complete beast and a TRUE goddess when it comes to raw power.

Yea Monica is a better investment than Carol. For some reason I think her film is gonna be the MCU's biggest flop. Marvel knows how to make good black female characters they should expand on that and promote either Monica or Storm.
Monica >>>> Storm all day, far as i'm concerned.

I think a lot of BP fans stick up for Storm b/c of the history circa Reggie Hudlin but I feel if you take that attachment aside and look at the two, Monica has greater potential... it's just that Storm had that x-men brand for far greater recognition. Altho, ironically, it's that same x-brand as the reason why she hasn't been shyt in years (decades?).

Might be a stretch but Monica in some ways reminds me of BP in that she had some decent momentum going for her decades ago (80s for her, while BP in the 70s) before hitting that :mjpls: wall and pretty much being in limbo (tho not quite as bad as BP). Difference is Quesada/Priest/Hudlin/McDuffie picked T'Challa and resuscitating him to what we have now.

Whereas with Monica, she was never completely out the picture but it felt like she was rthe edheaded step child no one wanted to cultivate. Instead it felt like they kept on pushing her aside for another white male or white female to take her spot and her name.

With that said, if Fiege were to get his hands on either Monica or Storm, they'd be in a position to be done "right" better than they've ever been in the comics. imo

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
For some reason I think her film is gonna be the MCU's biggest flop.
I think it'll depend on the style, meaning if they sell it on her doing some dragon ball z shyt with her speed and projectiles + make the skrulls into super skrull versions, i think they could have a supergirl type avenue to play with.

But ultimately they gotta move away from how Carol currently is in the comics. or rather, how Marvel has tried to portray the last few years with the literal boyish looks and over the top anal attitude. She gotta go back to being more feminine, and just more likeable, even if they look to other sources for her personality.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Monica >>>> Storm all day, far as i'm concerned.

I think a lot of BP fans stick up for Storm b/c of the history circa Reggie Hudlin but I feel if you take that attachment aside and look at the two, Monica has greater potential... it's just that Storm had that x-men brand for far greater recognition. Altho, ironically, it's that same x-brand as the reason why she hasn't been shyt in years (decades?).

Might be a stretch but Monica in some ways reminds me of BP in that she had some decent momentum going for her decades ago (80s for her, while BP in the 70s) before hitting that :mjpls: wall and pretty much being in limbo (tho not quite as bad as BP). Difference is Quesada/Priest/Hudlin/McDuffie picked T'Challa and resuscitating him to what we have now.

Whereas with Monica, she was never completely out the picture but it felt like she was rthe edheaded step child no one wanted to cultivate. Instead it felt like they kept on pushing her aside for another white male or white female to take her spot and her name.

With that said, if Fiege were to get his hands on either Monica or Storm, they'd be in a position to be done "right" better than they've ever been in the comics. imo

Most Black Panther fans especially the hardcore ones HATE Storm. But anyways Al Ewing seems to be her Priest since he brought her back and made her EVEN MORE powerful. She only destroyed a fukking planet until she stopped at the last minute!

But I feel Monica if pushed more can stand on her own feet compared to Storm. Storm is an X-Men character and all of them not named Wolverine may be popular but cant sustain their own solos because they were born on a team book.

This is not the case for Monica. She was very popular in the 80s and I feel people will like her over Carol.

And yea both Monica and Storm would be done right in the movies. This is why I love the MCU.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I think it'll depend on the style, meaning if they sell it on her doing some dragon ball z shyt with her speed and projectiles + make the skrulls into super skrull versions, i think they could have a supergirl type avenue to play with.

But ultimately they gotta move away from how Carol currently is in the comics. or rather, how Marvel has tried to portray the last few years with the literal boyish looks and over the top anal attitude. She gotta go back to being more feminine, and just more likeable, even if they look to other sources for her personality.

I always said the new look makes her look like a butch lesbian. I use to like her when she was Ms Marvel and actually sexy.

I dont know why Marvel changed it to that butch look. On top of that they made her personality horrible.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Most Black Panther fans especially the hardcore ones HATE Storm. But anyways Al Ewing seems to be her Priest since he brought her back and made her EVEN MORE powerful. She only destroyed a fukking planet until she stopped at the last minute!

But I feel Monica if pushed more can stand on her own feet compared to Storm. Storm is an X-Men character and all of them not named Wolverine may be popular but cant sustain their own solos because they were born on a team book.

This is not the case for Monica. She was very popular in the 80s and I feel people will like her over Carol.

And yea both Monica and Storm would be done right in the movies. This is why I love the MCU.
Bro i swear there's always been this sorta civil war between bp/storm shippers who want BP to run back to her the moment she's shown batting an eye at him... and others like myself who feel BP shouldn't be on some p*ssy-whipped '09 Drake shyt given everything that's happened since AvX. Granted I'm a bit harsh bc most of those shippers were just storm fans who miss being relevant but had attitude while the two were paired up, but we still had a few hard core bp fans who took a while see the light.

Lowkey though, Nakia/Lupita is the best thing to happen to T'Challa, for his personal development with love interests.

And yea, while Storm is popular (or more so just known), i think we all know Nakia and Shuri (and Okoye) are going to rise tremendously with black women. And Monica Rambeau would be an instant hit if she ever got that push. A new orleans lousiana southern belle black woman with top tier super powers? SHeeeeeeeiiiiiit

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
And yea, she was definitely more feminine as Ms Marvel. Honestly, they could've just kept the black costume but simply added sleek designed pants to it since the only real issue was her cheeks were hanging out. They had a cringe-worthy excuse for cutting her hair too (something along the lines of it's impractical for a woman in the military to have long hair).

Lowkey i still feel they killed off Rhodey in the comics just so they could avoid any questions about whether Brie Lawson and Don Cheadle would be an item in the MCU :russ:

:mjpls:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Truth.com

I’ll give Marvel MAJOR props for course correcting and Disney for not standing in their way but let’s not act like the MCU was ever initially set up to be a shining beacon of diversity. Hell they fukked over Terrence Howard in the first Iron Man and replaced him with Don Cheadle, with Perlmutter allegedly saying that no one would care because all Black People look alike.

Hell after the D’Esposito comments I personally boycotted the MCU until they announced that T’Challa was in Civil War and was gonna finally get his own solo movie.

You act like they replaced Howard with a white man. Howard left over money plain and simple. And they replaced him with someone darker. Nick Fury was cast as a Blackman. Falcon had a prominent role in Winter Soldier.

And truth be told, Marvel is taking a major risk with Black Panther. Even more so than guardians of the galaxy. It's easier to sell a talking rac00n and tree when you have a white lead actor and the only other person of color in the movie is painted green.

BP is unprecedented. Blade was surrounded by white supporting actors. Most casual fans no nothing about the character.

But what we will see is just how powerful the African American purchasing power really is.

raidersreceiver

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Portland, OR
It is but then it isn't. It takes place in a different era that's so far gone from the present that it doesn't matter if you watch it.

And it's the reason why it only lasted 2 seasons. But it was enjoyable nonetheless.
I've never seen any of the previous movies except guardians of galaxy 1 and 2 and Spider-Man homecoming. But I wanna watch the whole story

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I've never seen any of the previous movies except guardians of galaxy 1 and 2 and Spider-Man homecoming. But I wanna watch the whole story

You might as well watch them all then. Even the movies that were meh like Thor 2, will at least be new to you.

I honestly wish I could be able to watch some of those movies like the first Iron Man or Winter Soldier for the first time :wow:

The only downside is the sheer volume of movies and tv shows you would have to watch to get caught up on. It spans almost a decade so by the time you finish you might get fatigue and may not even want to watch Infinity War.

But it's a risk that's with it :manny:

Agents Of Shield will blow your mind

raidersreceiver

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Portland, OR
You might as well watch them all then. Even the movies that were meh like Thor 2, will at least be new to you.

I honestly wish I could be able to watch some of those movies like the first Iron Man or Winter Soldier for the first time :wow:

The only downside is the sheer volume of movies and tv shows you would have to watch to get caught up on. It spans almost a decade so by the time you finish you might get fatigue and may not even want to watch Infinity War.

But it's a risk that's with it :manny:

Agents Of Shield will blow your mind

My homie told me to watch the punisher on Netflix after he showed me Spider-Man. I'm currently on episode 5 and I'm liking it a lot.

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Randomly decided to rewatch Age of Ultron last night, few thoughts:
  • Reminded of one of my favorite MCU moments, when Vision picks up Mjolnir and hands it to Thor. Everyone's reaction was priceless.:ohhh::gucci::dwillhuh::gladbron:
  • Didn't realize the middle name of Clint's newborn is named after Quiksilver. Shown at the end when their facetiming Natasha.
  • We all were made aware of everyones dream sequence (Cap, Thor, Natasha, and Stark), but what was Banners' dream sequence? I can't remember if they talked about it in interviews, etc. or anyone broke it down here.