I'm Officially DONE with Marvel.. Delete this thread. fukk the MCU and fukk Disney

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Its crazy how certain cats run with the narrative that "Marvel never takes a risk" narrative when Marvel literally took the risk in an era where certain cats are whining "bu bu bu bu bu bu everything needs to be fake deep or fake dark" they dropped an unfamiliar space movie so far from being grounded in reality with a talking rac00n and a taking tree that can only say 3 words.

At the expense of being laughed at they dropped a movie about a character named ANTMAN.

They then did a tv serious about a race of character similar to mutants but not quite in the form of the InHumans that no one really know about or asked for

I mean if those aint risk what the fukk is cats even talking about

And excluding Blade, they took the risk of in an heavier "hate black people world" they dropped/dropping a series and movie headed by black cast. Because not counting us minorities.... how many white people were really asking for a black super hero tv show or movie?

Certain cats needs to stop with them lies man, I mean really.... what "risk" has everyone else really made?

Martha

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
If I had to rank the MCU films, I'd have to do it in 3 groups...

Bushes:
Thor
Thor: The Dark World
Iron Man 3
Iron Man 2
Age Of Ultron
The Incredible Hulk

Good:
Captain America: The First Avenger
Spider-man: Homecoming
Guardians of The Galaxy vol.2
Iron Man

Great:
Guardians of The Galaxy
Doctor Strange
Avengers
Ant-Man
CA: Civil War
CA: The Winter Soldier
Thor: Ragnorak
*Black Panther

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Let's not get carried away now.

On one hand, Marvel currently does a way better job with black and brown people than DC, Fox or Sony. I trust the MCU/Fiege over the others by far.

On the other hand, Marvel was getting slammed by more than us "minorities" when the vanilla white male Avengers first came out, which they course corrected quick next chance they got (end of AoU). And it's inexcusable that it took 10 years for a black superhero movie to be made, or even a black(ish) female superhero to appear on screen (Valykrie). Nor does it escape me Rhodey's treatment, or that the only reason Black Panther was included in Civil War was because negotiations for Spider-Man with Sony were still uncertain.

The whole "taking risks" criticism is overrated because the genre is mainstream superhero comics, but as far as representation, Marvel gets credit for course-correcting better than the other companies and understanding the potential financial limitations (and/or repercussions) of not doing so, esp once we hit the social media era. That's as far as i'd go with that. Well really, the DCEU is a relative new comer and they seem to "get it" (except for John Stewart), they just don't yet get how to make cohesive movies.

Sony I give (pending) props to for that Miles Morales animated movie..
Fox however, is just the personification of :mjpls: when it comes to black superheroes. 20 years ago, Storm was more popular than Wonder Woman but 20 years of bs development both on the big screen and in the comics can change that... and that's both on Fox (movies) and Marvel (comics). but that's getting off topic

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
From 2014, Fiege on BP, CM and fan demand
“They’re both characters that we like, that development work has been done, it’s continuing to be done on, and certainly it’s the question I get asked more than anything else, more than Iron Man 4, more than Avengers 3. That’s sort of the first time that’s really happened to us, so I think that makes a difference. I think that’s something we have to pay attention to… I’ve always said we have our plan, and it’s served us very well, and there hasn’t been anything that has managed to deviate or change from that based on an opinion, because opinions online change and they alter, and they are based on limited information they have to what’s going on behind the scenes, but in this particular case I think it is a groundswell, and I think it means something substantial.”

Sounds like more than just minorities... Couldn't keep on doing white male heroes with inferior black best friends and damsel cacettes before fans started calling them out.

But they course corrected soundly and hid that Ike Perlmutter guy (aka "all black people look the same" and "female superheroes don't work" and legal suits of harassment filed against him by 3 black women who were fired under his watch) somewhere deeper in the shadows of Disney, away from the MCU, long before any of these recent Hollywood summer jam screenings became the it thing to do.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I'm not gonna lie #marvelset.. while I wanted DC to remain behind Marvel, I didn't expect them to bomb like this. Because of the JL, Marvel doesn't have to release the Infinity War trailer until the end of the year now.

I wanted the DCEU to be just good enough to inspire Marvel to stay on their toes. I hope they don't get complacent.

Or maybe they will study the DCEU's flaws and refine their formula to make to recession proof :blessed:

Pammy91

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Never you mind....
Leaked HD trailer screen caps :damn: ITS COMING
DOwrGNiW0AAhMJs

DOwrGL3XUAA0NtG

DOwXbFaVAAAS-M7

DOwXcoIVwAEg6mJ

3b3.jpg

parallax