I'm Officially DONE with Marvel.. Delete this thread. fukk the MCU and fukk Disney

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
BP's other moniker is "King of the Dead" which comes with paranormal abilities. i.e. he can command the undead (zombies) and can talk to the ghosts of past Black Panthers, including his father.

He was granted that ability by the panther god, but for MCU purposes it'd make sense to tie in the soul stone in some way.

Plus Infinity War is a sort of heist film? So they may very well be going to Wakanda to try and steal the gem.
i was wondering if theyd touch on some of the King Of The Dead stuff in his movie.
that would be dope to put that in Infinity War.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
BP's other moniker is "King of the Dead" which comes with paranormal abilities. i.e. he can command the undead (zombies) and can talk to the ghosts of past Black Panthers, including his father.

He was granted that ability by the panther god, but for MCU purposes it'd make sense to tie in the soul stone in some way.

Plus Infinity War is a sort of heist film? So they may very well be going to Wakanda to try and steal the gem.

I was think that the whole 'King of the dead' 'necropolis' stuff was too recent (comic wise) to include in the MCU, but considering they're using the black order in IW they could be including the Necropolis in BP was well.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
i was wondering if theyd touch on some of the King Of The Dead stuff in his movie.
that would be dope to put that in Infinity War.

I was think that the whole 'King of the dead' 'necropolis' stuff was too recent (comic wise) to include in the MCU, but considering they're using the black order in IW they could be including the Necropolis in BP was well.
Yup, Necropolis/KoD actually predated the Black Order by a year or two, so I think it's possible but just hard to conceptualize how they'd do it. If anything I could see the stone being held in a place they refer to as Necropolis, as an easter egg that thints on things to come for BP.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yup, Necropolis/KoD actually predated the Black Order by a year or two, so I think it's possible but just hard to conceptualize how they'd do it. If anything I could see the stone being held in a place they refer to as Necropolis, as an easter egg that thints on things to come for BP.

I would imagine it would be the case. The stone was apart of the meteor that landed on Wakanda so the local metals, plants became enriched through contact with the stone, and which amplifies the abilities to contact with the spiritual world. They could just have the Necropolis as the site either housing the stone or maybe have the stone slightly below it where the ancestral Necropolis once stood (without the current Wakandans not knowing).

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For those that don't know, in the Black Panther comics there's a place in Wakanda called a Resurrection temple. It's just like the name says, it's a temple where ceremonies were held to resurrect the dead. In the comics the temple was powered by a stone that was alien in origin. Killmonger in particular used the temple on multiple occasions to resurrect himself.

The Necropolis stuff is relatively new to the Black Panther lore. The Resurrection temple has been around for decades.

Also if you tie the Infinity stone to the necropolis and Panther's powers you damage the mythos a bit, because all the powers and Necropolis are supposed to come from Bast. The Panther mythology can't be tied to something that will be taken away by Thanos.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I'd rather have both. Necropolis for KoD, Resurrection temple for when Wallace goes missing.

Infinity stone stored in Necropolis for Infinity War, the panther gods still the source of Wakanda for BP 2 and 3..

Really, I just need BP to get zombie control powers. Bast and Sekmet are just a means to an end for me.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
For those that don't know, in the Black Panther comics there's a place in Wakanda called a Resurrection temple. It's just like the name says, it's a temple where ceremonies were held to resurrect the dead. In the comics the temple was powered by a stone that was alien in origin. Killmonger in particular used the temple on multiple occasions to resurrect himself.

The Necropolis stuff is relatively new to the Black Panther lore. The Resurrection temple has been around for decades.

Also if you tie the Infinity stone to the necropolis and Panther's powers you damage the mythos a bit, because all the powers and Necropolis are supposed to come from Bast. The Panther mythology can't be tied to something that will be taken away by Thanos.

I think it will be separate.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd rather have both. Necropolis for KoD, Resurrection temple for when Wallace goes missing.

Infinity stone stored in Necropolis for Infinity War, the panther gods still the source of Wakanda for BP 2 and 3..

Really, I just need BP to get zombie control powers. Bast and Sekmet are just a means to an end for me.

What else can he do besides control zombies with the KOD upgrade? How many zombies are
Walking around wakanda

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
What else can he do besides control zombies with the KOD upgrade? How many zombies are
Walking around wakanda
It's a very new power in application (like within the last 2 summers). So outside of controlling zombies, summoning his ancestors (past black panthers) to fight with him as ghost warriors, and being able to track people via their soul (instead of conventional senses like smell or sight), it hasn't had a lot of focus.

It's also supposed to grant him all the past knowledge, strength and abilities of past Black Panthers. So, for instance, we saw him able to take blows from Namor and dish it back to him, and Namor is in that she-hulk/colossus/thing range in strength, so enhanced strength is implied... but his current book doesn't focus on showing feats or action like that.. so chances are the Russos and/or Coogler will be the first ones to really flesh it out.

Ain't no zombies shown in Wakanda lol and current writer hasn't addressed that ability, although he gave Shuri (BP's sister) the ability to summon zombies recently, so idk. It's a bit annoying, but it is what it is.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Disney Developing New Marvel Television Series

Not long ago, Disney took the world by surprise with a slew of announcement. The company held an investors meeting to detail its future projects, and Disney confirmed a series of new Star Warsprojects were in the work. And, if you listened closely, you would have heard a new Marvel project is underway too.

If you missed the subtle slip, then you can thank Ben Fritz for catching the detail. The Wall Street Journal reporter tweeted the stunning announcement when Disney confessed it was creating a new Marvel series for its streaming service. So far, there are no details about what the series will focus on or when it will debut, but Bob Iger did say the project is slated to launch in 2019.

Right now, it doesn’t look like the new Marvel project will be part of Netflix’s roster. The streaming site has a slew of Marvel shows to its name, but Disney is poised to detach itself from the service and launch its own. According to a recent WSJ feature, the “Netflix v Disney” showdown is one that will shake up how Marvel TV does its work.

“While [Disney] currently produces Marvel superhero series such as "Daredevil" for Netflix, new Marvel shows in the future are expected to live on the company's own streaming service,” the report explains.

Right now, there is no clear explanation of what will happen to the Marvel series which are part of Netflix. Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and more may still be safe with Netflix, but Disney may have the opportunity to buy them back for its own upcoming streaming service.

For now, it does look like Disney’s developing Marvel project will be an exclusive one for its services. Iger took time to plug the company’s streaming future during his investors call earlier today, so it seems like things are about to get decisive between Netflix and Marvel.