I'm Officially DONE with Marvel.. Delete this thread. fukk the MCU and fukk Disney

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Got a bad feeling Comcast getting Fox.

If I'm Disney, just try and get X-men and the F4 characters back. Get those properties separately.

They dont need Skysports since they already got espn. No need for FauxNews either.

Well, technically if Comcast buys Fox, those rights would automatically revert back to Marvel :manny:

It really depends on how the original contract was written. I don't think Fox can actually transfer the lease to a 3rd party. Comcast wouldn't be able to fully absorb Fox Studios' outright because at that point, they would lose all Marvel properties.

So it really boils down to what Comcast really wants. In both Disney and Comcasts cases, the X-Men and Fantastic 4 movie rights are probably the least appealing aspect of the deal in the grand scheme of things. I mean think about it, why would they offer over $50 + billion for movies that will net at most 1 billion a year (and that's being too generous).

The fact that Fox is even offering it up in the first places speak to the value they put on the properties in the first place.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Well, technically if Comcast buys Fox, those rights would automatically revert back to Marvel :manny:

Really? :patrice:

edit: Nah man :beli:

They only revert back if no F4 or X-men movie is made within 7 years. So basically you'd have to hope that Universal doesn't make a F4 or X-men movie in 7 years.

that aint happening. :francis:

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin

Only if Comcast were to totally consume Fox making them cease to exist. It really boils down to how the deal is structured.

I could see Comcast discarding those properties just for the sake of getting Disney to bow out. But like I said, the movie properties aren't what they're after. Those 2 properties are small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. And then there are other complications. Avatar is under 20th Century Fox. Do you really think James Cameron wants to fall under the Disney brand and have to compete with the MCU? I'm sure he would get priority preference because they have the theme park, but with all the other films Disney has, their portfolio will be beyond bloated.

Honestly, I would rather they simply buy back the properties outright. If Fox felt most of their assets were worth 54 billion in stock options or 60+ billion in cash, X-Men and F4 can't be worth no more than 3 to 5 billion tops. Fox has actually depreciated the value over the past few years.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Really? :patrice:

edit: Nah man :beli:

They only revert back if no F4 or X-men movie is made within 7 years. So basically you'd have to hope that Universal doesn't make a F4 or X-men movie in 7 years.

that aint happening. :francis:

Universal doesn't own F4. This company does.

Constantin Film

Constantin Film Movies (20 titles) - Movie Insider

They use Fox/Universal for distribution only. In fact, F4 might not even be included in the deal. Constantin Film could see F4 to Disney if they wanted to right now.

But to your point in the red.. If 20th Century Fox doesn't exist, how would they be able to make X-Men movies? SO again, it boils down to how the original contract was worded.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Comcast wins, they will keep FOX as is. And those FOX/MARVEL properties will stay with FOX under the Comcast umbrella. Disney gets no Marvel characters if they don't win bidding for Fox.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
If Comcast wins, they will keep FOX as is. And those FOX/MARVEL properties will stay with FOX under the Comcast umbrella. Disney gets no Marvel characters if they don't win bidding for Fox.

I think the fans will ultimately decide. You can only make mediocre movies for so long. Marvel is playing from a position of strength. They don't need either property to make money.

The real question is how long before it costs more to make X-Men movies than it's really worth. As for Fantastic 4, I don't think they will recover from that last one. Sony eventually flinched and decided to at least work with Marvel.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Oh... forgot to add this to the discussion.

The only way Marvel doesn't buy Fox is because they don't want to because …

It's a big week for the Fox, Disney, Comcast saga; here's what to expect

As 21st Century Fox’s board of directors prepares this Wednesday to weigh Comcast’s still-fresh, gargantuan $65 billion cash offer, things could move quickly. That’s especially true for Comcast, who, according to federal law and provisos already written into Fox’s initial Disney agreement, will be seen as the pursuing party with the greatest burden in proving the worth of its rival offer.

If Fox’s board likes Comcast’s $65 billion offer enough to give it an up vote this week, Disney will have five business days to make a counteroffer. It may seem like a tight window, but it still puts Disney in the enviable position of having the final opportunity at making a pitch.

“If Disney returns with a counter bid Fox likes, the ball is back in Comcast’s court…But unlike Disney, Comcast wouldn’t have the luxury of time,” reports The New York Times.

Fox chair Rupert Murdoch and his family have the luxury of inserting a bit of gamesmanship into the negotiations, NYT adds, a tactic that could send Fox’s day-to-day stock values higher as the company’s assets appear more and more desirable in such a high-profile competition. But if Disney returns to Fox with an appealing offer of its own, it’ll be up to Comcast — not Disney — to act fast.

“That’s because it [Comcast] has to negotiate within the confines of the merger agreement already laid out between Disney and Fox, which has built in some protections for Disney, specifically what is known as the right of last refusal,” NYT reports. “In other words, Disney will always have a chance to counter Comcast until it decides it has had enough.”

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Yo, Marvel Studios got 4 of the Top 10 Highest Grossing Movies of All-Time.

All Time Worldwide Box Office

Will A4 give them half the top 10? :wow:

goes to show if done right organizationally and with quality of product in mind.
this should easily be a reality.
as marvel is the only real company with any real permeation in our gen being honest.

art barr

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
Yo is this a deleted scene?

Black Dwarf never fought the Hulkbuster in the final cut (in the Wakanda battle) right?

Heard they redo the whole Wakanda battle in A4. That would explain why we didn't see that running shot in the movie...it happens in A4

Last edited: