I’m not even Haitian but this fake story and how conservatives and right wing politicians just went all in on the Haitian community got me fukked up.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The original Facebook poster who started the rumors admits she knows nothing, and she didn't even get the story right. Turns out that the information came from a Facebook post about the poster's neighbor's friend's acquaintance, and its unclear whether all her extra details even existed in the original story.

NewsGuard identified and tracked down the two people central to the claim: Erika Lee, the Springfield resident who wrote the original Facebook post, and Kimberly Newton, the neighbor who had provided her with a third-hand account of the rumor, making Lee’s social media post a fourth-hand account: the alleged acquaintance/cat owner; Newton’s friend; Newton; and Lee, who posted it on Facebook.

“I’m not sure I’m the most credible source because I don’t actually know the person who lost the cat,” Newton said about the rumor she had passed on to her neighbor, Lee, the Facebook poster. Newton explained to NewsGuard that the cat owner was “an acquaintance of a friend” and that she heard about the supposed incident from that friend, who, in turn, learned about it from “a source that she had.” Newton added: “I don’t have any proof.”

Newton told Newsguard that Lee’s Facebook post misstated her story, and that the owner of the missing cat was “an acquaintance of a friend” rather than her daughter’s friend. Newton could not be reached for comment.

That adds up to three people with no firsthand knowledge of the allegedly victimized cat: Newton’s “friend,” Newton, and then her neighbor Lee. Or perhaps it’s four people if we count the “source” that Newton says her “friend” relied on.

JD Vance claimed that he trusted all the "residents of Ohio" who had been writing into his Senate office with similar information.....we're four days in and he hasn't produced a single one of those informants yet. :mjlol:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The neighbor who started the rumor is afraid of becoming a minority.

“I think it was two years ago now, I went to the [Bureau of Motor Vehicles] to renew my license or my tags. I can't remember, but I was sitting in the BMV, and the only way I know to describe it is I felt like … I was transported, because all around me it was people talking a different language. … I felt like I was the minority,” she said.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
The neighbor who started the rumor is afraid of becoming a minority.

“I think it was two years ago now, I went to the [Bureau of Motor Vehicles] to renew my license or my tags. I can't remember, but I was sitting in the BMV, and the only way I know to describe it is I felt like … I was transported, because all around me it was people talking a different language. … I felt like I was the minority,” she said.

never left his small town :martin:

thats not the only feeling that was conjured up? :mjpls:

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches

So they just took a pic of a black man with birds and decided he was eating them:russ:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone who doesn't see how this is anti-black, regardless of whether you're African American or Haitain/immigrant/etc should just kill themselves. Please. Get outta here. We got racists posting AI art of BLACK PEOPLE chasing after pets and you think this is a "them vs us" issue? Kill yourself. They view us as low IQ, crime prone animals worthy of extermination via sterilization whether you're a descendant of slaves or got off the boat last month. Best believe that. I'm tired of remedial nikkas falling for obvious psyops on this shyt.

The potential next vice president of the United States is currently on a war path claiming this shyt is real. As if Haitians who immigrate here and are given money need to hunt for food. Like...this is straight up old school, bone-in-the-nose racism.
Tariq done polluted their minds so bad that they can't even see what's in front of them

bnew

Veteran
Daps

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/7
Harris should go to Florida and have a rally in little Haiti.

Specifically invite Haitian Americans (350 k voters) and Venezuelan Americans(380k)

Have leaders of those communities speak.

Talk dictators.

Could turn the whole thing and give DebbieMucarsel-Powell the win.

2/7
After a visit to Springfield, Ohio of course. That community is in pain right now.

Trump and Vance are engaging in stochastic terrorism.

It’s immoral.

It’s dangerous.

And it is more of the very “old playbook” used by dictators throughout history.

3/7
I want everyone to know that Harris camp is doing a perfect job and doesn’t need my input.

Presidential politics has been my hyperfixation for 30 years.

Harris Walz will do what is exactly right for Haitian Americans and Haiti.

Vote! Phone bank! Text bank! Doors! Vote!

4/7
Exactly. I imagine there is so behind the scenes support going in as we speak. Her press sec is Haitian!

5/7
Yes, these communities need to hear directly for the president. Great Work is being done on this front.

6/7
Apparently you haven’t seen the villages today. Or the polls.

7/7
It’s a 2 point range. Florida, my home state is tired of the chaos, hate and corruption of DeSantis, Scott and Trump. Harris stands for the rule of law. Trump is a felon and breaks laws every day.

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR
Here in Brazil, in addition to banning "x" , they are arresting people who spread fake news linked to former president Bolsonaro's party.
Facing not only prison, but also federal charges.

I don't know if american laws allow something like this, but they should, because they are going down a very dangerous path if they don't start punishing these criminals.