I'm kind of dissatisfied with my Switch (vent) *no stannery*

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Switch is cool but honestly I know what I'm getting with it. I use it for the Nintendo exclusives that I can't play elsewhere and for Smash of course. I don't really see the Switch as a primary console. The games library is pretty varied imo but the Nintendo 'tax' with games being $60 even if they're old makes me hesitate to buy new games.

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
Switch could be so much more, but Nintendo is going to Nintendo. Terrible online I hesitated to pay the $20 this year. I hardly use the joycons mainly use on my TV with the Pro controller, but the left has a slight drift and the right has creaking spring sound.

I put in like 80 hours on BOTW loved it... Finished Odyssey fairly quickly and never went back to it. I don't even know how, but I got about 165 hours on Animal Crossing put that game on ice.
Astral Chain is a game I kinda like, but I always give up on. I also like and want to get through Fire Emblem, but I always get distracted to play something else on the PS4.
The indie games I only purchase when they are on sales for a couple of dollars I enjoyed a few of those like Hollow Knight and Katana Zero.

Overall I really enjoyed the system after skipping on the Wii and Wii U. I'm holding out for Metroid 4 and BOTW2.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Everyone mentioning how BOTW is innovation for Nintendo, but the hilarious part is that it's just the closest thing Nintendo has come to an open-world sandbox game.

But it's understandable because Nintendo can't really take too much risks with it's brand
You moron it plays and does thing like no other open world game before it.

You clearly havent played it

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Terrible online I hesitated to pay the $20 this year.

I'm definitely not paying for that shyt again...I did it for the first time this year cuz I had a switch lite too and I needed online service for cloud-saving but fukk that

• Dap
Reactions: x2y
Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
You moron it plays and does thing like no other open world game before it.

You clearly havent played it

It's very detailed and it seems like they considered every aspect of 'What would be things Link would do in an open world RPG' But it's literally just Nintendo's take on open world. It'll seem innovative and different because Nintendo's branding and their spin on it, but it's not introducing anything terribly new.

To each they own tho
:yeshrug:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I love the switch, best family friendly games, best way to play indie games, and Nintendo exclusives are great 9 times outta 10.

I could see how the system would be disappointing if all you play are big budget AAA games with cutting edge graphics and shyt, but for people who like to play a variety of games and arent looking for a system to compare to the ps4/X1 spec wise it's a great secondary system where creative indie titles are the main focus.

It's what the Vita should have been.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I've had this thing since summer 19 and I've gotten mad play time between Fire Emblem and BOTW but other than that I feel like this is the most mid console i've ever owned.

After watching the mini direct again today, I just kept thinking why do I own this thing? NMH3 looks like more bland hack n slash, Bravely Default looks like FF4 remake from 15 years ago, and some other mid.

The holiday line up this year is hyrule warriors which actually looks good, pikmin port, and retro fire emblem (timed digital release) and I can't remember the last time I bought an actual nintendo game on this thing. It's become my default indie game device rather than a nintendo device. Oh and two streaming ports of other mid- games.

online sucks, resolution sucks, battery sucks
. I'm honestly holding on for BOTW 2 and SMTV at this point. Nintendo products are always so gassed because they are underdogs and i always fall for this shyt. People don't want to see their beloved nintendo that they grew up with go 3rd party. I think thats gonna change now that Gen Z grew up with ps2/ps3/360.

edit---

oh and my left joy-con has drift so handheld mode is out of the question until I send it in or replace it.

Breath of The Wild is still the GOAT
You know, there's this service that has most of these indie games nintendo had plus tons nintendo don't. Even got nintendo games nintendo don't like perfect dark, banjo/etc. Online works fine, but you can struggle if you prefer the fight

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I knew when I bought it I would only be playing like 2 games a year on it. :yeshrug:
This...its nintendo...you know what you are getting with the purchase. The games i bought it for have delivered ten fold. Plus I like the retro console stuff that came with online

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
You know, there's this service that has most of these indie games nintendo had plus tons nintendo don't. Even got nintendo games nintendo don't like perfect dark, banjo/etc. Online works fine, but you can struggle if you prefer the fight
Sometimes you don't want to play those indie games on a TV