I'm kind of dissatisfied with my Switch (vent) *no stannery*

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I bought mine for botw
Mario
and Pokemon
after pokemon got rid of most of the pokemon I didn't even buy it so now I'm just waiting for Botw2 and Bayonetta 3

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City
I got them all aside from xenoblade. Mario is a miss for me. Something about it is very unengaging and I really tried to like it, especially after spending 60 dollars on it.

pokemon I gave up in the 3rd gym. I'm not sure if pokemon was always so easy but I found myself not even paying attention half the time. I remember beating those gigantic gym pokemon with a basic unevolved pokemon using a weakness. That series hasn't grown up at all over 20 years. Wake me up when a developer can make an actual fun open world pokemon game.
Have you played Mario Maker 2?

And Pokemon Sw/Sh are def underwhelming if you're still interested in a monster catching/raising game buy the Digimon Cyber Sleuth games imo

Also buy a cheap pro controller brother

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
BOTW2 might not be for a while and I don’t trust Atlus with release dates.
Persona-5.jpg

So you’re just gonna let the Switch just rot in a corner I guess?

seems that way. Part of me feels like i'd be better off selling it and upgrading to the new version whenever zelda comes out. The only 3 games i am hype for is Metroid Prime, Zelda, and SMTV. I would buy a new fire emblem ASAP if they were to release another but I don't see it happening anytime soon either.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Have you played Mario Maker 2?

And Pokemon Sw/Sh are def underwhelming if you're still interested in a monster catching/raising game buy the Digimon Cyber Sleuth games imo

Also buy a cheap pro controller brother

I got a pro controller with the system. No way I was gonna play botw with joycons :hhh:

I heard mario maker is fun, do you need a nintendo online account to play the creator levels? I'm always turned off by those "make a game" type games since little big planet. Same reason I never bought Dreams.

another mark against nintendo with me is how expensive the games are. Sometimes I think to myself that I wouldn't mind giving a game a shot but then you gotta spend 60 dollars to even have a taste.

astral chain I ended up buying and couldn't get used to the controls and didn't like the story, 60 gone. Mario, 60 gone. Pokemon, 60 gone. Links awakening, (i should have known better since i played the original) 60 gone. Rinse and repeat about 8 more times.

and they're still all 60 dollars. Say what you want about sony, or even microsoft but at least you know you can get a AAA game a year later for like 20 bucks or free with a ps plus sub

The Minister Of Culture

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I had high hopes for Temtem but from everything i've heard people have said it's not that great. Looks like they played it a little safe and close to the pokemon formula.

I want nintendo to give us a BOTW style leap with the pokemon series. The LORE is there, the Fanbase is there, the talent is there (monolith).

its sad with Pokemon being highest grossing media franchise of all time you'd think they put more effort into the games. Hell bring back the hard mode form the B/W2 games, make nuzlocke an actual mode and the ability to make more than one save file, if you cant get the graphics and animation up to par due to "low staffing" outsource that shyt like they did pokemon snap Bandai got that game looking like what ppl expected from a home console mainline pokemon game.

They can fix it but they wont cause the games still sell with minimal effort. IMO the series peaked at either soul silver/heart gold or the black & white 2 games

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City
I got a pro controller with the system. No way I was gonna play botw with joycons :hhh:

I heard mario maker is fun, do you need a nintendo online account to play the creator levels? I'm always turned off by those "make a game" type games since little big planet. Same reason I never bought Dreams.
Just making I know plenty of people who still use joycons and dont know about pro controllers :russ:

Yeah you need to buy Switch Online sadly, for the most part I'd say the levels on Mario Maker 2 are pretty fun and can hold you over for a while if you're into platformers.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I had high hopes for Temtem but from everything i've heard people have said it's not that great. Looks like they played it a little safe and close to the pokemon formula.

I want nintendo to give us a BOTW style leap with the pokemon series. The LORE is there, the Fanbase is there, the talent is there (monolith).

I mean that is on GameFreak Nintendo doesn't develop any of the Pokemon games they just publish them. Don't expect anything from GF anytime soon.

I've said this before this Switch is amazing for RPG's in general due to its portable nature. While yes games like Ys and Dragon Quest will look and perform better on the PS4. Nobody will deny that. As far as Bravely Default is concerned don't knock on it till you try it. People mocked Octopath and it was an amazing JRPG in its own right. Granted it does get overshadowed by Three Houses, Xenoblade and Dragon Quest.

While I don't think battery life is as big of a deal as you make it out to be. Performance-wise it is a big deal. The Switch can never seem to hit 1080p. Which is silly considering PS4 Pro and Xbox One X was attempting to push to 4k. At the end of the day, the Switch has some of the most fun games out there, but even with that every hardcore Nintendo gamer has a PC, Xbox, or Playstation system.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Nintendo is holding onto dear life to their proven cash cows with the same formula instead of trying different shyt.

Personally, I think their best shyt was the Advance era. They were trying a lot of new shyt and even with old IPs, were switching up the formula and going for something new.

I can only do remakes so many times before I lose complete interest. BOTW was the only reason I even entertained buying a Switch, but one of my friends let me play it on deployment and I haven't found a reason to actually buy it now.

shyt I still have a 3DS and after I ran through Ultra Sun, thing has been collecting dust since.

Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
Not gonna lie, even with my own Switch, I've realized it genuinely is for little kids and teenagers. There are some gems here and there, but it really its much more for casuals than it is for the hardcore gamer

Nintendo will never Switch up on proven, working formulas. The Pokemon fanbase is pretty pathetic as well. They'll bytch and make all sorts of memes and demand everyone boycott the game, but every new release sells well if not breaks records

That nostalgia cocaine man.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
I sold my switch the first time because it wasn't doing anything for me.

Bought it back for Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem. It's fun when people are over but otherwise is wholly unimpressive.

Hell, I've put more time into my PSP over the last few months than the Switch.

War of The Lions, Chrono Trigger, Ys, Half-Minute Hero.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I sold my switch the first time because it wasn't doing anything for me.

Bought it back for Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem. It's fun when people are over but otherwise is wholly unimpressive.

Hell, I've put more time into my PSP over the last few months than the Switch.

War of The Lions, Chrono Trigger, Ys, Half-Minute Hero.
Stan alert.

And Switch literally has the entire Chrono trigger Triology and a new 3d remake you moron.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Stan alert.

And Switch literally has the entire Chrono trigger Triology and a new 3d remake you moron.

I don't get paid by companies so I don't stan.

I already have it on the PSP so I don't see why I would buy it again. FF8 I bought on the switch because of the HD updates. I have plenty of games but the system doesn't hit for me.

Need another 3DS from Japan and I'll put my switch on ice.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Stan alert.

And another thing, don't come at me like you do these other cats. I'm not here to play with you. Take your insults to the sandbox because I'm not one to play with your disrespect.