Im gonna take you on a riiiddde (We back brehs :mjcry:)

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
marveltime-oh-man-what-time-is-it.gif
photon-cannon.gif

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There’s generation of people who will never experience walking into Fiesta or Krogers and seeing a COTA arcade for the first time, and then begging your mom for a handful of quarters. :wow:

Only for a few years to pass and you realize you could import XvSF with the 4MB cart. :wow:
For me it was circle K.

I was absolutely blown away walking towards the lil dark closet size room and expecting like metal slug but hearing "PSYBLAST, PSYBLAST, PSYBLADE" then "Kochou Gakure!" Then laying my eyes on it and locking in before trying to find another quarter so I could play...the sound, the sticky floor, the bass and music turned up to max and even smells are burnt into my memory.

I have a bunch of great memories, but that one was like a punch to gut of pure surprise, bliss and excitement.

:mjcry: the good ole days

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The jump from street fighter 2 to XCOTA in 3-4 years also crazy to think about. Fast forward a few more years and Mvc2 literally came out of no where. I feel like they just dropped that shyt off in the arcades one day and completely changed the game.
Right that's what was so mind blowing, they look like they were ripped right out of the comic book and sounded perfect

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Supposedly it's the MT framework that isn't supported on PS5 or Xbox.

Hence the switch, ps4 , steam releases

The Minister Of Culture

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
yall better support, only way we're gonna get Mahvel 4
i wonder about that A lot of people really hate the so called "test" Capcom is notorious for doing because so far, it hasn’t really produced any results (i.e Mega man Legends 3) . Fans of Darkstalkers in particular feel like they get cheated out of sequels because Capcom uses re-releases as a barometer even though that 1st Darkstalkers collection on PSN in the PS3 era sold very well with very lttle marketing on Capcoms side. And not gonna lie, I’m not fond of the test either.

It's just really shytty to give fans false hope that if they spend enough money on rereleases of things they've already played, then maybe you might think about possibly considering a chance of making the new game they actually want. Especially when the implication is that it's apparently their fault when you never do make the game.I'm trying to think of the last time any rerelease framed like this actually led to the new game. Has it ever happened? By now people have caught on to the fact that these Capcom 'tests' are a sham.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i wonder about that A lot of people really hate the so called "test" Capcom is notorious for doing because so far, it hasn’t really produced any results (i.e Mega man Legends 3) . Fans of Darkstalkers in particular feel like they get cheated out of sequels because Capcom uses re-releases as a barometer even though that 1st Darkstalkers collection on PSN in the PS3 era sold very well with very lttle marketing on Capcoms side. And not gonna lie, I’m not fond of the test either.

It's just really shytty to give fans false hope that if they spend enough money on rereleases of things they've already played, then maybe you might think about possibly considering a chance of making the new game they actually want. Especially when the implication is that it's apparently their fault when you never do make the game.I'm trying to think of the last time any rerelease framed like this actually led to the new game. Has it ever happened? By now people have caught on to the fact that these Capcom 'tests' are a sham.
Capcom legit uses it as a way to gauge interest and has spoken on it passively

The Minister Of Culture

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Capcom legit uses it as a way to gauge interest and has spoken on it passively

"[The Interviewer]: Does the inclusion of series like Darkstalkers, Cyberbots, and Red Earth increase the chance of a revival of any of these series in the future?

Matsumoto: I genuinely want these titles to be played once again on current gen consoles. I also want people who may have seen them but never had the chance to play them to get this opportunity. That said, we do not think that this will necessarily increase the possibility of these series being revived."

If you want to buy this collection, buy it because you want these old games on the console of your choice. Not because you want a new game in the future because the likelihood of that seems to still be pretty low. Now Capcom may have changed that stance for it being Marvel but im going off what the producer said about last collection. i wouldnt get hopes up just yet.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps