Im gonna take you on a riiiddde (We back brehs :mjcry:)

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I'm X-cited people are going to get to experience XCOTA.

That game is the reason we got all the vs games in the 1st place.

It also has some defining characteristics of the characters that are used till this day

There’s generation of people who will never experience walking into Fiesta or Krogers and seeing a COTA arcade for the first time, and then begging your mom for a handful of quarters. :wow:

Only for a few years to pass and you realize you could import XvSF with the 4MB cart. :wow:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Most likely has to do with this:

It has nothing to do with that.

2x0yRWL.jpeg

X-Men vs SF and X-Men COTA are from the 90s, and Marvel still retains their rights. They would fall outside of the agreement, which means they can be released anywhere. It is a comprehensive agreement that covers any platform. Xbox wasn't singled out as the only platform where X-Men games can't be released; it was just used as an example for the exclusive character caveat, i.e., here's an exclusive pre-order bonus for the Xbox version of whateverthefukk. The likely reason this isn't on Xbox is because of the Xbox One. It's not even releasing on the PS5 proper.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It has nothing to do with that.

2x0yRWL.jpeg

X-Men vs SF and X-Men COTA are from the 90s, and Marvel still retains their rights. They would fall outside of the agreement, which means they can be released anywhere. It is a comprehensive agreement that covers any platform. Xbox wasn't singled out as the only platform where X-Men games can't be released; it was just used as an example for the exclusive character caveat, i.e., here's an exclusive pre-order bonus for the Xbox version of whateverthefukk. The likely reason this isn't on Xbox is because of the Xbox One. It's not even releasing on the PS5 proper.

Also, this ain’t the only capcom game skipping xbox, there are a bunch of them

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
COTA, like all the other marvel games, has been pretty broke for a minute. Gonna be hilarious seeing the new folks trying it out online and getting hella salty. You ca lose instantly in that shyt.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
There’s generation of people who will never experience walking into Fiesta or Krogers and seeing a COTA arcade for the first time, and then begging your mom for a handful of quarters. :wow:

Only for a few years to pass and you realize you could import XvSF with the 4MB cart. :wow:
seeing someone unlock akuma for the first time and seeing just how broken his ass was.... or the handcuff glitch in world warrior. i miss arcade cabs being everywhere

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
I'm X-cited people are going to get to experience XCOTA.

That game is the reason we got all the vs games in the 1st place.

It also has some defining characteristics of the characters that are used till this day

The jump from street fighter 2 to XCOTA in 3-4 years also crazy to think about. Fast forward a few more years and Mvc2 literally came out of no where. I feel like they just dropped that shyt off in the arcades one day and completely changed the game.