I'm Experiencing Covert Racism at Work. These mfs are Sneaky.

invalid

Banned
Daps
I don't know. I guess I'll be THAT guy and say this doesn't sound like racism. It sounds like you've become indispensable in your position and when someone becomes indispensable in their positions, managers are reluctant to change because things just work. A lot of times they don't want the headache of having to train (or you train) someone else for them not to be able to fill your shoes later on down the line. shytty, I know, but I wouldn't call it racism.

If you can say that you trained someone and then they promoted them above you, then I might call it racism. Just seems like you've become indispensable.

The solution to the type of situation when you've become indispensable and stuck in your role is you leave. Find another place.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
other jobs exist

Start looking online

Even if you have to move to another state it might be really worth it

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I don't know. I guess I'll be THAT guy and say this doesn't sound like racism. It sounds like you've become indispensable in your position and when someone becomes indispensable in their positions, managers are reluctant to change because things just work. A lot of times they don't want the headache of having to train (or you train) someone else for them not to be able to fill your shoes later on down the line. shytty, I know, but I wouldn't call it racism.

If you can say that you trained someone and then they promoted them above you, then I might call it racism. Just seems like you've become indispensable.

The solution to the type of situation when you've become indispensable and stuck in your role is you leave. Find another place.
hmm never thought about this position.

4 real

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
LA/Melmac
I'm not the type to cry racism every time something doesn't go my way in a white work environment. As I've mentioned before, I'm a quiet guy at work. Food industry. A top 3 worker there. The other 2 are in management. I'm the only black male there. I've been here for a little over a year. I work in the back of house.

Check this shyt out. The GM has spoken to me twice about a promotion onto the leadership team. I told him that I'm interested. This was back in March. I've heard no word from him since. I had a woman who was in leadership (Black). I was really cool with her. She ended up moving to another state but she saw I was leadership material and put in a word for me with the managers before she left and even started to train me in a few areas so I could be ready for a potential promotion. Black women really do look out for us man. :wow:

In my area, there is only one spot I'm not sufficiently trained in. I told her this so she went to a member of the leadership team and told him that he should train me in that specific area. This mf said "well we have enough people trained in this area already so it's not really necessary to have Hathaway up here". :what:

To be in leadership, you have to be trained in all areas. Everybody knows I'm the one guy out of everybody there who is deserving of the promotion. Them lil cac teenagers be asking me all the time "wow man I can't believe you're not a Leader. I actually thought you were one". But he won't let me train up there. Instead, they keep me in the same 2 areas of which I am the best in the entire store. They've even approached me last week about being the Lead Trainer for the back of house area. I've already trained 5 people so far. No pay raise for that shyt though.:francis:

They've also been moving me up to the front of house in customer service once a week and the GM commented how he loved my professionalism with the customers. I've been working in customer service practically all of my work life outside of factory jobs so this shyt was a breeze for me.

So today, the manager of Catering and Deliveries came to me randomly and asked me if I would be interested in running a big delivery for her because they were shorthanded. I said absolutely. She prepped me through the entire process and it was easy money. A simple $350.00 catering order at a hospital. No sweat right? She came up to me 15 minutes later and said she talked to the Leader, the same cac who denied me before, and he said "Hathaway is my strongest person in the back. I'm not comfortable with him leaving us for an hour to make the delivery."

Ain't this bout a bytch:gucci:
It's a mf Tuesday morning. We are slow on Tuesdays and it's not like they didn't have capable people there to fill in for me while I was out. Nobody there is better than me so no matter what, it's gonna be a huge void in my absence. Besides, I trained 2 of the cacs there so I would trust them to hold that shyt down until I got back.
So I stepped to this mf, non aggressively, might I add, you know how they are.:comeon:

I was straight up. I said "Listen man, you know I've been trying to move up and me getting this opportunity to run this Catering order will open up opportunities for me when they see how efficient I am in handling this. I'll only be gone for an hour max, you don't think ya'll can handle this for an hour while I'm out?" He just said plainly, "I understand but we just don't have the people strong enough to fill in bro, I'm sorry".
Nah mf, I'm sorry. :snoop:

I'm telling ya'll. That was bullshyt. They absolutely had the people. On my break, I called my wife to vent about this shyt. I told her these mfs being real shady about this shyt but I didn't wanna call it racism. She was like nah nikka, them mfs tryna sabotage you. She's worked in the food industry all of her life at all levels, the bottom to corporate and as a black woman, she recognizes the passive aggressive ways these white people will try and keep you in the same spot while praising your hard work even though you are deserving of a promotion/pay raise.

They don't want to see you amongst their ranks. Its a threat to them. They have black women in leadership here. 2 of them, but check this shyt out. Both of them mfs mixed. And mixed to the point where you can't tell they're mixed. One of em in her early 20's and she looks like a white girl and even speaks with a "valley girl" dialect. The other is mixed with German and Black but she look like a....I can't describe her ass. She got reddish brown hair. It's weird af. The rest of the managers are white males and females in their 40's or older.

I'm so tired of this shyt. These cacs play this game so well. They got this system down to a mf T. It's damn near admirable how well they keep this shyt going on the low. How inconspicuous they are with it. The last time these bytches had a Black man in leadership was 2014 and that mf was a "Carlton" type.

I'm done.
Phuck those crackers

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I'm not the type to cry racism every time something doesn't go my way in a white work environment. As I've mentioned before, I'm a quiet guy at work. Food industry. A top 3 worker there. The other 2 are in management. I'm the only black male there. I've been here for a little over a year. I work in the back of house.

Check this shyt out. The GM has spoken to me twice about a promotion onto the leadership team. I told him that I'm interested. This was back in March. I've heard no word from him since. I had a woman who was in leadership (Black). I was really cool with her. She ended up moving to another state but she saw I was leadership material and put in a word for me with the managers before she left and even started to train me in a few areas so I could be ready for a potential promotion. Black women really do look out for us man. :wow:

In my area, there is only one spot I'm not sufficiently trained in. I told her this so she went to a member of the leadership team and told him that he should train me in that specific area. This mf said "well we have enough people trained in this area already so it's not really necessary to have Hathaway up here". :what:

To be in leadership, you have to be trained in all areas. Everybody knows I'm the one guy out of everybody there who is deserving of the promotion. Them lil cac teenagers be asking me all the time "wow man I can't believe you're not a Leader. I actually thought you were one". But he won't let me train up there. Instead, they keep me in the same 2 areas of which I am the best in the entire store. They've even approached me last week about being the Lead Trainer for the back of house area. I've already trained 5 people so far. No pay raise for that shyt though.:francis:

They've also been moving me up to the front of house in customer service once a week and the GM commented how he loved my professionalism with the customers. I've been working in customer service practically all of my work life outside of factory jobs so this shyt was a breeze for me.

So today, the manager of Catering and Deliveries came to me randomly and asked me if I would be interested in running a big delivery for her because they were shorthanded. I said absolutely. She prepped me through the entire process and it was easy money. A simple $350.00 catering order at a hospital. No sweat right? She came up to me 15 minutes later and said she talked to the Leader, the same cac who denied me before, and he said "Hathaway is my strongest person in the back. I'm not comfortable with him leaving us for an hour to make the delivery."

It's a mf Tuesday morning. We are slow on Tuesdays and it's not like they didn't have capable people there to fill in for me while I was out. Nobody there is better than me so no matter what, it's gonna be a huge void in my absence. Besides, I trained 2 of the cacs there so I would trust them to hold that shyt down until I got back.
So I stepped to this mf, non aggressively, might I add, you know how they are.:comeon:

I was straight up. I said "Listen man, you know I've been trying to move up and me getting this opportunity to run this Catering order will open up opportunities for me when they see how efficient I am in handling this. I'll only be gone for an hour max, you don't think ya'll can handle this for an hour while I'm out?" He just said plainly, "I understand but we just don't have the people strong enough to fill in bro, I'm sorry".

I'm telling ya'll. That was bullshyt. They absolutely had the people. On my break, I called my wife to vent about this shyt. I told her these mfs being real shady about this shyt but I didn't wanna call it racism. She was like nah nikka, them mfs tryna sabotage you. She's worked in the food industry all of her life at all levels, the bottom to corporate and as a black woman, she recognizes the passive aggressive ways these white people will try and keep you in the same spot while praising your hard work even though you are deserving of a promotion/pay raise.

They don't want to see you amongst their ranks. Its a threat to them. They have black women in leadership here. 2 of them, but check this shyt out. Both of them mfs mixed. And mixed to the point where you can't tell they're mixed. One of em in her early 20's and she looks like a white girl and even speaks with a "valley girl" dialect. The other is mixed with German and Black but she look like a....I can't describe her ass. She got reddish brown hair. It's weird af. The rest of the managers are white males and females in their 40's or older.

I'm so tired of this shyt. These cacs play this game so well. They got this system down to a mf T. It's damn near admirable how well they keep this shyt going on the low. How inconspicuous they are with it. The last time these bytches had a Black man in leadership was 2014 and that mf was a "Carlton" type.

I'm done.
This is EXACTLY how it goes down. You're playing it right though. Performance trumps racism. Even racists want competent people, let your performance speak for itself. I often have white people pulling slick shyt like this. They'll get together and plot too, but if you have the reputation of being reliable and a hard worker your leadership is going to see right through it.

Let them go ahead and whisper "******" when you turn your back to walk into the corner office.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I'm done.

Get all them recommendations documented and signed. Then go to another company thatll allow you to shine.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I know the bullshyt breh. I once had a job offer to be a second in command to the GM at a store. Then they fired that manager and brought in some new cacs. They then offered me the same position as a department manager. Same job description, same duties but less pay. I told the new GM that shyt was insulting and I wouldn't entertain it.

Just yesterday I had to fight with some Indians who been trying to block my moves, I work with a union. I walked off a job and got a call back after a heated argument because they were trying to block me from getting certified to take some of the higher paying gigs. In the end I bodied the training and same dude that tried to block me was kissing my ass because he knew he fukked up. I snitched on his ass for certifying people less qualified than me and he had to do it. When it comes.ro work bias and politics breh I always keep some notes to expose these muthafukaz when they start playing favorites. I'm blowing the whistle no homo. Call me a tattle tell, could give 2 fukks. I keep receipts, I'm not about to get played.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Learn to ask for forgiveness, not permission. But you also can’t be afraid to lose your job either.

For just an hour, I would let my coworkers where I was going, how to contact me if shyt went left and took the opportunity.

If dude claims they so called “need” you in the back, find out just how much. You’re not going to get fired over missing an hour and if they do, fukk ‘em. Test your boundaries…within reason.

Maquina

Banned
Daps
Having a very similar issue despite me being a leader at work.

Had a previous person who I supported but don’t work directly for. She sung my praises

She leaves and white male takes over. And all he does is lament and leads with spite. He asked me about a different line of business that I don’t cover . So he gets all annoyed 😒. So now in every meeting he points me out and talks about how I didn’t have these numbers and how unbelievable it was for him. He got me yesterday cuz I was on cam and he was in a room with like 20 people and says “maquina is one of our leaders, he’s in the top right” so I’m like cool and I give a 👋. He then says “yeah, was in a meeting with him and he couldn’t give me these numbers and I told him it’s unbelievable” - I almost exited the meeting, I was so pissed. He went out of his way to do that. It’s like unnecessary stuff to try to belittle and demean you, especially when others talk you up. There’s always one hating ass white person

Some White people are literally disgusting human beings

Unemployed GM

All Star
Daps
Racism on the job is inevitable. We all have experienced it. White people are trained to try lock us out of money and opportunities. You got to know when to fight or when to leave. No job is going to long term. Don’t try try to c00n to save yourself.