I'm Experiencing Covert Racism at Work. These mfs are Sneaky.

africngiant

All Star
Daps
yeah this why our fathers used to come home angry all the time.

this is the "chip on your shoulder" thing others throw shade on us about. the black man is the biggest threat

in the so called meritocracy

sorry bro, hope you can get whats owed to you. stay strong
i remember one of my white friends said this to me. “you guys always walk around with this chip on your shoulder”. we’re not friends anymore

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Tell dude he can either quit stepping on your toes and promote you to GM, or he’ll be lose his best employee for nothing

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
And I think the point that he is missing is that outside of school, I don't have time for anything else. There is no point in discussing these things with people who have no family to support as they cannot understand how time consuming raising children is.

DUDE I got 3 kids and a dog and a mortgage!! I completely understand how hard it is. I was up at 4am this morning grinding. I ain’t going to sleep till 11 cause now I’m folding laundry so my wife can take care of the kids. Then I’m going to clean the kitchen up before bed.

I worked 2 jobs to put my wife thru nursing school. I went 4 YEARS only sleeping 6-7yrs a day max cause I worked nights. I would come home eat take a nap for an hour and have to be back out the house for my second job. Then I went into the Union and stacked paper working 10-15 hours a day. Spent the entire summer of 2015 away from my family. The sacrifice paid off though.

My wife owns her own company now and so do I. I was up at 4am working for myself.

So that’s why I am harsh.

Oh and I did this with felonies on my record.

No excuses if you want it you can get it, otherwise keep dealing with CACs holding you back from accomplishing your goals.

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
And I think the point that he is missing is that outside of school, I don't have time for anything else. There is no point in discussing these things with people who have no family to support as they cannot understand how time consuming raising children is.
oh i was under the impression you didn't have kids, yea it's different then, can't really play hardball because taking 2-3 months to look for another job isn't possible :francis:

the next best thing would be what you were already doing and try to befriend the people the next level higher than your boss, and try to get promoted without him being involved because he obviously views you as a threat to his job security so he's not gonna give you the promotion

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
I'm not the type to cry racism every time something doesn't go my way in a white work environment. As I've mentioned before, I'm a quiet guy at work. Food industry. A top 3 worker there. The other 2 are in management. I'm the only black male there. I've been here for a little over a year. I work in the back of house.

Check this shyt out. The GM has spoken to me twice about a promotion onto the leadership team. I told him that I'm interested. This was back in March. I've heard no word from him since. I had a woman who was in leadership (Black). I was really cool with her. She ended up moving to another state but she saw I was leadership material and put in a word for me with the managers before she left and even started to train me in a few areas so I could be ready for a potential promotion. Black women really do look out for us man. :wow:

In my area, there is only one spot I'm not sufficiently trained in. I told her this so she went to a member of the leadership team and told him that he should train me in that specific area. This mf said "well we have enough people trained in this area already so it's not really necessary to have Hathaway up here". :what:

To be in leadership, you have to be trained in all areas. Everybody knows I'm the one guy out of everybody there who is deserving of the promotion. Them lil cac teenagers be asking me all the time "wow man I can't believe you're not a Leader. I actually thought you were one". But he won't let me train up there. Instead, they keep me in the same 2 areas of which I am the best in the entire store. They've even approached me last week about being the Lead Trainer for the back of house area. I've already trained 5 people so far. No pay raise for that shyt though.:francis:

They've also been moving me up to the front of house in customer service once a week and the GM commented how he loved my professionalism with the customers. I've been working in customer service practically all of my work life outside of factory jobs so this shyt was a breeze for me.

So today, the manager of Catering and Deliveries came to me randomly and asked me if I would be interested in running a big delivery for her because they were shorthanded. I said absolutely. She prepped me through the entire process and it was easy money. A simple $350.00 catering order at a hospital. No sweat right? She came up to me 15 minutes later and said she talked to the Leader, the same cac who denied me before, and he said "Hathaway is my strongest person in the back. I'm not comfortable with him leaving us for an hour to make the delivery."

Ain't this bout a bytch:gucci:
It's a mf Tuesday morning. We are slow on Tuesdays and it's not like they didn't have capable people there to fill in for me while I was out. Nobody there is better than me so no matter what, it's gonna be a huge void in my absence. Besides, I trained 2 of the cacs there so I would trust them to hold that shyt down until I got back.
So I stepped to this mf, non aggressively, might I add, you know how they are.:comeon:

I was straight up. I said "Listen man, you know I've been trying to move up and me getting this opportunity to run this Catering order will open up opportunities for me when they see how efficient I am in handling this. I'll only be gone for an hour max, you don't think ya'll can handle this for an hour while I'm out?" He just said plainly, "I understand but we just don't have the people strong enough to fill in bro, I'm sorry".
Nah mf, I'm sorry. :snoop:

I'm telling ya'll. That was bullshyt. They absolutely had the people. On my break, I called my wife to vent about this shyt. I told her these mfs being real shady about this shyt but I didn't wanna call it racism. She was like nah nikka, them mfs tryna sabotage you. She's worked in the food industry all of her life at all levels, the bottom to corporate and as a black woman, she recognizes the passive aggressive ways these white people will try and keep you in the same spot while praising your hard work even though you are deserving of a promotion/pay raise.

They don't want to see you amongst their ranks. Its a threat to them. They have black women in leadership here. 2 of them, but check this shyt out. Both of them mfs mixed. And mixed to the point where you can't tell they're mixed. One of em in her early 20's and she looks like a white girl and even speaks with a "valley girl" dialect. The other is mixed with German and Black but she look like a....I can't describe her ass. She got reddish brown hair. It's weird af. The rest of the managers are white males and females in their 40's or older.

I'm so tired of this shyt. These cacs play this game so well. They got this system down to a mf T. It's damn near admirable how well they keep this shyt going on the low. How inconspicuous they are with it. The last time these bytches had a Black man in leadership was 2014 and that mf was a "Carlton" type.

I'm done.
Idk why white ppl are so serpent like (are they white?). Indians to. Anyway I had a boss on the floor I was working who was knew and she was basically trying to get all the black workers to do constructive discharge and was hiring white workers everytime someone got fired. I dipped, and she asked for me back so I stayed (enjoyed the ppl, layout), then I dipped again without notice, or it coulda been a 17hr notice or something. My friend and the coli warned me tho.

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
You can't be a Alpha in a work setting without being labeled as aggressive...

Hospitals are full of those Karens. I can feel your pain on that sadly.

That's messed up that those Kevins tried to cockblock you out of a promotion. When they get fired, they better not get mad because God don't like Ugly.

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
For those telling me to just quit, I can't just do that. I live in a small town. There's not a lot of opportunities here. The highest paying job around here that doesnt require a degree is a car factory. I worked there but had to leave because of scheduling conflicts with child care and my wife's job.

Even though I feel like these white people are being sneaky, I'm making good money here. 45-46 hours a week, 5 days a week with weekends off to be with my family is tough to find around here. I was unemployed for 3 months during covid back in 2020 trying to find a job that would accomodate our tough schedules. This was the only one where the pay was decent enough. So leaving would be a setback.

I wanted to get a 2nd job on 3rd shift but my wife sometimes has to work nights and we don't have anyone to keep our kids. So we have to do the slow grind. Not much room for maneuvering in our current situation.

School is my only option. With my schedule, I'm only able to take 2 or 3 online classes a semester so this shyt feels like it's taking forever but we grinding it out.

I don't want nikkas in here thinking I'm lazy not trying to better my situation. As you can see, my mf plate is full. I'm not the type to dump my kids off on my parents so I can work absurd 80+ hours jobs. I want to be present in their lives because I didn't have that. Being a present father comes with sacrifices and unfortunately, this is one of them.

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
i remember one of my white friends said this to me. “you guys always walk around with this chip on your shoulder”. we’re not friends anymore

Dude should have been like Ritchie from Static Shock...

Homeboy, should have kept it moving and minded his own business.

Some of those folks get a little too comfortable.