I'm Experiencing Covert Racism at Work. These mfs are Sneaky.

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
NO you havent explored ever avenue you defeatist sounding negro. You really just pissed me off cause you making excuses instead of taking action. You on the Coli crying while CACs blatantly shyt on you.

What town are you in?

Do you have a side hustle? You have 3-4 hours a day to make money on the side?

Are you in online school? You have 2-3 hours a day to take online courses?

Trade school?

Cdl?

Union apprenticeship?

Army national guard on the weekends?

Cut grass on the side?

Start YOUR OWN catering business?

Do you have a LinkedIn?

You making excuses fam. You better not be getting shytted on by CACs and have time for video games at home.
Calm your ass down. I'm in school. No I don't have 3-4 hours of extra time, I got 2 toddlers. I make flyers on the side though.

Hathaway

Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
Just like I suspected @Hathaway got no time to better his financial position but he has time to play Mass Effect and Hogwarts. Dude grow the fukk up and take charge of your life. That is disgusting behavior, and you got babies?!! Turn the video games off for one year and better yourself. Thank me later.
:gucci:
I barely play my games nikka. Work, family and school keep me from any free time.

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
Tell them you’re gay and watch them promote you within the month.
@KingADOS is gay and he been unemployed for years. :dame:

I think the point that @Amerikan Melanin is trying to get across (in harsher terms) is that you always have something you could be doing to better your situation. It just takes drive and determination.

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps
NO you havent explored ever avenue you defeatist sounding negro. You really just pissed me off cause you making excuses instead of taking action. You on the Coli crying while CACs blatantly shyt on you.

What town are you in?

Do you have a side hustle? You have 3-4 hours a day to make money on the side?

Are you in online school? You have 2-3 hours a day to take online courses?

Trade school?

Cdl?

Union apprenticeship?

Army national guard on the weekends?

Cut grass on the side?

Start YOUR OWN catering business?

Do you have a LinkedIn?

You making excuses fam. You better not be getting shytted on by CACs and have time for video games at home.

Bruh I would usually be with you but he fukked himself having kids (multiple) while he broke.

I see it all the time. Young dusty couples who can JUST get by (nikka ain’t probably buy himself a new pair of sneakers since the first baby was born).

Homie gonna have to take some real chances outchea to get up out the mud.

Hathaway

Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
@KingADOS is gay and he been unemployed for years. :dame:

I think the point that @Amerikan Melanin is trying to get across is that you always have something you could be doing to better your situation. It just takes drive and determination.
And I think the point that he is missing is that outside of school, I don't have time for anything else. There is no point in discussing these things with people who have no family to support as they cannot understand how time consuming raising children is.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
yeah this why our fathers used to come home angry all the time.

this is the "chip on your shoulder" thing others throw shade on us about. the black man is the biggest threat

in the so called meritocracy

sorry bro, hope you can get whats owed to you. stay strong
Exactly. I remember my father used to be pissed off because of this exact reason. He had newer dudes and less skilled people getting senior positions over him for decades.

But as a caveat, i will note that i havent experienced this personally. i noticed Its not the same between their sexes. Rather, white dudes are hesitant to give promotions, but ive found white women dramatically more ambivalent toward the idea. White female supervisors didnt seem to care who got the position as long as it was filled. Most of the promotions i got were due to older white women.

@Hathaway ,Are you trying to curry favor with a male or female management team? Women judge you on the duty of the job itself. If you are dealing with white men, then you must offer a value proposition greater than the job you are trying to get. You know that cliche of "black people doing twice the work to get half the pay"? You will have to embody that mantra to get a promotion with white men. Its not about doing your job, its about adding value to the overall business. For example, How many of your bussiness' clients know YOU personally? If you left tomorrow morning, would the company lose clients?

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
And I think the point that he is missing is that outside of school, I don't have time for anything else. There is no point in discussing these things with people who have no family to support as they cannot understand how time consuming raising children is.
No doubt that you lose a lot of time with the kids. On the flip side, my brother only really got his shyt together after having a kid. The pressure grows and settling for less becomes less palatable.

Hopefully you find something better breh

Hathaway

Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
Bruh I would usually be with you but he fukked himself having kids (multiple) while he broke.

I see it all the time. Young dusty couples who can JUST get by (nikka ain’t probably buy himself a new pair of sneakers since the first baby was born).

Homie gonna have to take some real chances outchea to get up out the mud.
I understand I fukked up but I'm still trying to make it. I'm not a defeatist as that other guy believes. The fact that I work so hard while being in school AND still being there every second for my wife and kids shows that. There is still some optimism in me. I just have a tougher road to travel. I accept that the road was of my own creation.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
I hate to say it, but I know you're right. White people have a strange infatuation with gay people. Especially white men.

Its not an infatuation rather they know how to handle gay men. And they are seen as less threatening or masculine especially gay black men.

one of the first comments I used to hear when I turned up for interviews was "wow you’re a pretty big guy". As if that matters for the job.

In the past I know I’ve been passed over for certain jobs because whoever was going to be my manager felt slightly intimidated.

partly one of the reasons I was happy to move to Canada. Which is not perfect by any means but compared to the UK miles better for progress for me.

But I learned how to play the game. Become outside friends with the people who make the decisions above your manager.