I'm Done With IGN

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
It broke the game because it broke the narrative of having a good ending or a bad ending... it's like you get to the end of a multi arced story but then realize that you get the same ending in all 3 endings... it means that your choice Did NOT matter, then what was the point in playing the game if it led to a dead end...

It was bullshyt... :mindblown:

No one said the game, gameplay, style and look of the game was trash it's far from it which makes it more frustrating... :birdman:

You remember the ending of Rage??? yeah it's like that... :beli:

Why don't people understand this???:mindblown: they refuse to see the fan's rage of the original ending when it came out... Dude it felt like we was trolled after all those years, games, and that was the best they could come up with??? :comeon: Casey Hudson deserves all the shyt that he deserved for that bullshyt.
You said the ending was game breaking, that is the hyperbole that I'm talking about.

Yeah the ending sucked but I still enjoyed the gameplay and seeing the choices I made in the previous titles having an effect on the characters during the game.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Bro
out of the frying pan, into the fire fam :mjlol: I think the whole game is rigged, no pun intended.

nikkas need to treat video games like I treat movies, just go in blind.

I think reviews (movie/music/video games) would work better if

• there was no numbering system
  • they were descriptions of what you were getting, instead of a ranking/ someone telling you how to feel about a game
  • reviewers had a page on each site/in each magazine, detailing their personal likes and dislikes, so you knew whose reviews to take seriously relative to your own personal tastes
  • Each product had 3 reviews from 3 distinct personalities, so you got a more rounded understanding of the product

EGM(Electronic Gaming Monthly) had something similar to the bottom 2 points, in the late 90's...

I might have to formulate a gamer magazine...:patrice:
EGM was the GOAT. RIP in peace.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You said the ending was game breaking, that is the hyperbole that I'm talking about.

Yeah the ending sucked but I still enjoyed the gameplay and seeing the choices I made in the previous titles having an effect on the characters during the game.

The ending WAS game breaking...:comeon: In a game series built on choice and having your choices mattering if all 3 endings of the entire game series is the SAME thing then by essence the person who wrote it, CASEY HUDSON told all the legion of fans that tne ending didnt matter... :mindblown: Dont you get it??? :heh: he trolled everyone who was emotionally invested and spent that money on the entire series and fukked everyone over. it wasn't just a bad ending, it was a game lore breaking ending... That's like if Lord of the rings ended without sam and frodo never making it to mount doom and then the movie abruptly ends right on that note with no questions being answered at all... *ROLL CREDITS....

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The ending WAS game breaking...:comeon: In a game series built on choice and having your choices mattering if all 3 endings of the entire game series is the SAME thing then by essence the person who wrote it, CASEY HUDSON told all the legion of fans that tne ending didnt matter... :mindblown: Dont you get it??? :heh: he trolled everyone who was emotionally invested and spent that money on the entire series and fukked everyone over. it wasn't just a bad ending, it was a game lore breaking ending... That's like if Lord of the rings ended without sam and frodo never making it to mount doom and then the movie abruptly ends right on that note with no questions being answered at all... *ROLL CREDITS....
Again, I am not defending the actual ending of the game, im not defending the actions of Casey Hudson, just the idea that the ending made it a terrible game.
:comeon:

And while the ending was trash, the choices you made in previous games played a part in how the story played out leading up to the ending. Some characters were dead or alive based off choices made. Some characters sacrificed themselves due to events that may or may not have happened in previous games. Plus the gameplay was top notch. To act like it was a terribly broken game is just pure hyperbole.

Your comparison to lord of the rings doesn't hold weight either seeing as that's just a movie so the story is really all there is to it. I play video games to have fun, the game was 30 plus hours of fun with a disappointing ending. It didn't make me feel like the entire shyt was broken because of it.

Game breaking is andromeda with its many glitches and bugs.

The gaming community is a fukking joke imo.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Again, I am not defending the actual ending of the game, im not defending the actions of Casey Hudson, just the idea that the ending made it a terrible game.
:comeon:

And while the ending was trash, the choices you made in previous games played a part in how the story played put leading up to the ending. Some characters were dead or alive based off choices made. Some characters sacrificed themselves due to events that may or may not have happened in previous games. Plus the gameplay was top notch. To act like it was a terribly broken game is just pure hyperbole.

Your comparison to lord of the rings doesn't hold weight either seeing as that's just a movie so the story is really all there is to it. I play video games to have fun, the game was 30 plus hours of fun with a disappointing ending. It didn't make me feel like the entire shyt was broken because of it.

Game breaking is andromeda with its many glitches and bugs.

The gaming community is a fukking joke imo.
:salute:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Lets be reality IGN has been a water carrier for a lot of the big game companies but lets not act like Madden 19 hasn't been getting high ratings across the board for what feels like incremental improvements.

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
The day Goldstein gave GTA IV a 10 and wrote in the review that that didn't mean it was a perfect game was the day I stopped checking IGN. A 10 by definition.. ah never mind.

"A 10 doesn't mean a game is perfect -- it means a game is pushing boundaries, expanding a genre, and doing many things to a level so far above and beyond its competitors that they overshadows any flaws. Certainly, GTA IV has some issues ... but there are many more pieces of GTA IV that are better than anything I've seen from a game in the past decade. We don't give 10s often -- just to games that merit the score."
:dahell:

Them Rockstar payments and trips were just too good. It's one of the reasons websites now have clear policies and clarify when trips have been paid.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The day Goldstein gave GTA IV a 10 and wrote in the review that that didn't mean it was a perfect game was the day I stopped checking IGN. A 10 by definition.. ah never mind.

"A 10 doesn't mean a game is perfect -- it means a game is pushing boundaries, expanding a genre, and doing many things to a level so far above and beyond its competitors that they overshadows any flaws. Certainly, GTA IV has some issues ... but there are many more pieces of GTA IV that are better than anything I've seen from a game in the past decade. We don't give 10s often -- just to games that merit the score."
:dahell:

Them Rockstar payments and trips were just too good. It's one of the reasons websites now have clear policies and clarify when trips have been paid.

IGN is :trash: and "GTA:V" definitely didn't deserve a 10 but a 10 or perfect score has never meant the game is literally perfect. Everyone has had to explain that, even if you go back and read old EGM, Next Gen, Gemer's Republic, GameFan, etc. reviews they say the exact same thing.

Fred.