I'm Done With IGN

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
out of the frying pan, into the fire fam :mjlol: I think the whole game is rigged, no pun intended.

nikkas need to treat video games like I treat movies, just go in blind.

I think reviews (movie/music/video games) would work better if

• there was no numbering system
  • they were descriptions of what you were getting, instead of a ranking/ someone telling you how to feel about a game
  • reviewers had a page on each site/in each magazine, detailing their personal likes and dislikes, so you knew whose reviews to take seriously relative to your own personal tastes
  • Each product had 3 reviews from 3 distinct personalities, so you got a more rounded understanding of the product

EGM(Electronic Gaming Monthly) had something similar to the bottom 2 points, in the late 90's...

I might have to formulate a gamer magazine...:patrice:

Kotaku does that. I don't fukk with their reviews, though. Almost all of them are excessively long, and usually switch from review to editorial somewhere in the middle. I'm not looking for all that serious shyt in a review. Just let me know what you liked and didn't about the game.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I quit paying attention to IGN sometime last console generation. Who's even there now? The last names I remember are Hilary Goldstein and later Greg Miller / Colin Moriarty.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
IGN is a bunch of lying b*stards that take money for their reviews... :ld:
Welcome to video game journalism where the review outlets only exist because publishers both advertise with them and give them access to their games for free. These places exist as an extension of game publisher's advertising budgets.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Game is actually dope. Shout to ign. Not bout to listen to these bums on this forum who love to play single player repetitive games in they dusty ass bed and don’t wanna interact and play against a real person.

I ain’t no game vs the cpu for fun

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I only visit IGN if I can't find a decent e3 stream...last time I had to go to them was years ago.

Do they still serve interstitial ads?

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
out of the frying pan, into the fire fam :mjlol: I think the whole game is rigged, no pun intended.

nikkas need to treat video games like I treat movies, just go in blind.

I think reviews (movie/music/video games) would work better if

• there was no numbering system
  • they were descriptions of what you were getting, instead of a ranking/ someone telling you how to feel about a game
  • reviewers had a page on each site/in each magazine, detailing their personal likes and dislikes, so you knew whose reviews to take seriously relative to your own personal tastes
  • Each product had 3 reviews from 3 distinct personalities, so you got a more rounded understanding of the product

EGM(Electronic Gaming Monthly) had something similar to the bottom 2 points, in the late 90's...

I might have to formulate a gamer magazine...:patrice:

Great idea but in the microwave generation aint no one about to read the actual reviews, hell I think they are so popular is because of the score. they can keep the scores but they should definitely get everyones perspective of atleast the "AAA: titles. that way you can get a different point of view, I say have someone that didn't like the game, someone that loved it and someone that thought it was ok all give their POV.

and I think number scores are even worse for movies, sites like rotten tomatoes and imdb set the narrative for a movie and the reviewers most of the time aren't credible, and the critics hate anything that doesn't have some super emotional scene or sob story

Kotaku does that. I don't fukk with their reviews, though. Almost all of them are excessively long, and usually switch from review to editorial somewhere in the middle. I'm not looking for all that serious shyt in a review. Just let me know what you liked and didn't about the game.

If they did reviews on twitter or IG in 180 characters or less then they could get rid of scores. I think they should have a roundtable discussion (kinda like double toasted) for games, but keep the video to under 10 minutes

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Just read customer reviews from the store they bought the game at. I did that for Paper Mario Colour Splash and realized I made a huge mistake.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great idea but in the microwave generation aint no one about to read the actual reviews, hell I think they are so popular is because of the score. they can keep the scores but they should definitely get everyones perspective of atleast the "AAA: titles. that way you can get a different point of view, I say have someone that didn't like the game, someone that loved it and someone that thought it was ok all give their POV.

and I think number scores are even worse for movies, sites like rotten tomatoes and imdb set the narrative for a movie and the reviewers most of the time aren't credible, and the critics hate anything that doesn't have some super emotional scene or sob story

If they did reviews on twitter or IG in 180 characters or less then they could get rid of scores. I think they should have a roundtable discussion (kinda like double toasted) for games, but keep the video to under 10 minutes

Yeah, short review videos could be ok. I still like reading reviews, I'm just not trying to read some shyt that turns into a long statement on action platformers' place in modern society or some shyt.

horizon

Veteran
Daps
I haven't read/watched a game review in a long time

I have developers I trust, franchises I like, and watch videos of shyt completely foreign to me

That's my system and it works for me