I'm challenging xCivicx to A Debate About Flat Earth

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Bruh you shoulda took that ban bet. I don't see how @Th3Birdman gets banned when you didn't agree yesterday. You did body the unwarranted Ga Tech slander. That school's probs above every California school for engineering:yeshrug:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
My question is this:

Say you're flying due north, from peru to ecuador(the equator). How does a plane flying 600mph directly north, land on an air strip moving 1000mph directly east? That kind of difference in force and direction should essentially destroy the landing gear on a plane, since they're mainly only reinforced for the direction that the plane is moving

Also, when landing during a flight, how come no one feels the immediate jolt of suddenly moving 1000mph east with the surface of the earth again?

I encourage anyone except the banned person to answer these questions for me

Inertial Reference Frames is the answer you anti-science, lying, son-of-a-bytchmade fakkit. It's the SAME reason that when you throw a ball straight up in the air in a moving vehicle it comes straight down. The whole Earth is ONE inertial reference frame (like the car) but, since the Earth is rotating, so is the frame. So while the plane is flying North, it is also moving East along with everything on the globe.

Somebody copy-n'-paste this answer because this charlatan has me on ignore.​

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
My question is this:

Say you're flying due north, from peru to ecuador(the equator). How does a plane flying 600mph directly north, land on an air strip moving 1000mph directly east? That kind of difference in force and direction should essentially destroy the landing gear on a plane, since they're mainly only reinforced for the direction that the plane is moving

Also, when landing during a flight, how come no one feels the immediate jolt of suddenly moving 1000mph east with the surface of the earth again?

I encourage anyone except the banned person to answer these questions for me

@Mike Nasty

Its the same reason why you can jump up and down on a train and not fly into the back of it. You’re traveling at the same relative velocity as the train in the air so you wont even notice any changes in speed when you land.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Its the same reason why you can jump up and down on a train and not fly into the back of it. You’re traveling at the same relative velocity as the train in the air so you wont even notice any changes in speed when you land.

conversation au momentum :ehh:

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Flat Earthers are mostly religious nutjobs

Things like satellites, planets, and stars are unbelievable to them, but they don't have the same level of scrutiny for the belief that there's a literal glass dome over the earth and that the sun is like 90 miles away

These retards actually think that the sun is only roughly the same distance from Toronto to Buffalo away :dead:

Why anybody engages ppl who think like that is beyond me

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
No I understand anything you're saying. Not trying to be mean, but it's clear why you "studied at Georgia Tech" and did not "Graduate from Georgia Tech"

possibly ...

MIbpwE.gif

:patrice:

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
ok. i meant a foreign body. not earth.

possibly but that begs the question. in this case what makes the wind curve around a sphere?
I've seen wind curve around pressure systems(i.e. tornadoes and hurricanes)

I'm not sure I've seen wind curve around a sphere

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
That's not how this works playboy. You cats need to come to an agreement and @ the mods when the terms of the ban bet are decided. Not after.

As far as I've seen neither of you agreed to anything.

Fred.
He kept threatening to drop my name

He then posted the lie that I did not attend GT MULTIPLE TIMES in this thread

By posting that LIE MULTIPLE TIMES, he indirectly agreed to the ban bet

He even said that I wouldn't post again "after he was done with me"

I'll take this as high as it needs to go

He's the one that came in here extremely cocky ready to lie on me. He needs to be banned

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Bruh you shoulda took that ban bet. I don't see how @Th3Birdman gets banned when you didn't agree yesterday. You did body the unwarranted Ga Tech slander. That school's probs above every California school for engineering:yeshrug:
I'm the only one who asked for a ban bet

He was just talking gibberish

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Yes, because the train is still on the surface, and you're still connected to the surface through the train

The same cannot be said for when you are in a plane