I'm challenging xCivicx to A Debate About Flat Earth

Peauxboy

All Star
Daps
Video 3: The reason why I wanted to save the lunar eclipse for a different discussion is because it has a whole other set of inconsistencies attached to it.

To my knowledge, shadows are black. I've never seen a shadow that's any other color than black. The supposed earth’s shadow being cast on the moon supposedly always produces a black shadow, up until the moon is completely in the earth's shadow, then the shadow turns red??

220px-Full_Eclipse_of_the_Moon_as_seen_in_from_Irvine%2C_CA%2C_USA_%2852075715442%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

Please explain how the earth goes from casting a black shadow on the moon, to a red one

So what IS being casted on the moon?

I’m not trying to troll or joke, I’m genuinely curious.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Ok, then take that up with the countless biblical scholars who maintain the same thing. This isn't me trying to troll anybody, it's the widely held scholarly consensus.

Not to mention the countless references and visions throughout the Bible that support a flat earth, and wouldn't make any sense if they were talking about a spherical earth.

“The pillars of the earth are the Lord's, and on them He has set the world” (1 Samuel 2:8, ESV)

The firmament is repeatedly described as a bowl or a tent over the earth.

It's disingenious as fukk to claim Ancient Israelites thought the world was spherical because of Kabbalhists writing thousands of years later, when the actual scriptures and those who study it all clearly say the opposite. Mf'er just wants to maintain this 'divinely inspired text' bs which is incompatible with modern science, so he's trying to retcon history.

Literally google image "jewish cosmology diagram" they're all the same, he's the one being insane going against thousands of years of established history and it's bullshyt you're holding me to some level of scholarly critique that this fukker just bypasses while disregarding all the other evidence to the contrary.

biblical-cosmology.jpg

I GOOGLED WHAT U SUGGESTED

THIS WAS ONE OF THE RESULTS

4159t1D8XjL.jpg

LOL

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
I GOOGLED WHAT U SUGGESTED

THIS WAS ONE OF THE RESULTS

4159t1D8XjL.jpg

LOL
you shoulda also found this :ufdup:

"From their geographical and historical context, the ancient Hebrews had a flat-earth cosmology." perhaps you should take the course to increase your aptitude.

It's okay to admit you're wrong. Hebrews thought the earth was flat, that's what's in the bible. That's what biblical scholars agreed upon then, and agree upon now. There's countless examples of those diagrams I posted. But yet you maintain that's all a lie because of something a charlatan wrote in the 1200s and some weirdo self-published books by the revisionists like you who cant admit the bible's fallible, so you spend your time arguing these demonstrably wrong ideas because you can't admit your religious text isn't a 100% divinely inspired truth, it's just another series of mythologies.

And yes real scripture in the bible does refer to flat earth, such as Sarah discussing the pillars of earth. Meanwhile, the Zohar, which you keep citing, is not even scripture -- it's scriptural commentary used in Kabbalah which is not the orthodox.

Last edited:

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I would really appreciate it if you actually typed out words instead of making these videos so that I can respond point by point

Posting these videos seem a bit disingenuous to me because you're acting like the case is closed at the end of each video, but I'll go through them
@Th3Birdman I repeat, please type up your words and post them so that I can actually respond to each point

Debate in good faith like I'm doing

This is you attempting to build-in a reason for you to place me on ignore and run from this smoke. No, I'll reply how I feel the need to reply:camby:

Video 1: There are more than 2 phases of day, there are 4. Day, night, dawn dusk. 1/4 of the plane experiences each of these phases 1/4 of the time, throughout any point of the day. It's odd that you would leave dawn and dusk out of the equation, since their factually observable phenomena

Video 2: You're entire line of "logic" in this video is completely incorrect. There is nothing in that gif that would dictate that areas of the northern and southern hemisphere would experience the same seasons. The areas that the sun is furthest from, experience winter. The areas the sun is closest to, experience summer.

And also, with respect to argentina and THE EQUATOR IN GENERAL, because that area exists at the halfway point of the circle, it experiences THE LEAST AMOUNT OF TIME WHERE THE SUN IS FAR AWAY FROM IT. The sun moves almost twice the distance away from Toronto as it does from any random city in Argentina. This is simple thermodynamics. The longer a heat source is fixed on a point, the hotter that point gets

Video 3: The reason why I wanted to save the lunar eclipse for a different discussion is because it has a whole other set of inconsistencies attached to it.

To my knowledge, shadows are black. I've never seen a shadow that's any other color than black. The supposed earth's shadow being cast on the moon supposedly always produces a black shadow, up until the moon is completely in the earth's shadow, then the shadow turns red??

Also, while you're at it, please explain in detail how a circular object can cast a shadow that is not an ellipse??

VIdeo 4: Please provide proof that the Southern Cross is visible at all of those points at the same time

That is not what I said in the vid. I told you that all three of those locations can SEE that star map, yet we cannot here in the North. I said nothing about them being seen at the same time, stop trying to twist my words so that we get caught up in me trying to explain what I said. That tactic does not work on me.

You are the one that needs to prove we can see the southern cross here in the North, because YOU were the one that said we all see the same stars, just from a different perspective. The burden of proof lies with you: prove that we see the same stars.

Video 5: I didn't contradict myself at all. You can only see the stars above you. Once they cross the horizon they're out of sight. If you COULD see across the plane, you would see the stars on the opposite side of said plane rotate 180 degrees as the REVOLVE TOWARDS YOU. You can't see those stars because of PERSPECTIVE aka THE HORIZON

This is literally nonsensical. Nothing you've said makes any sense-- perspective has nothing to do with an inability to see across a supposed plane. The horizon does not change your perspective, nor does this concept "flip" a star map, making it appear upside down. You are gish galloping, throwing nonsense at me.

The sunset video you posted was disingenuous, but you know that. The angle of that video was not parallel to the direction of the sunset.

Here's a TRUE example of a person looking due west towards the sun

Daps

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
There's nothing gained from the truth

What's gained from the lie is a general lack of self-worth

When you "believe" that you're an insignificant nothing spinning on a ball of randomness, then you don't care about any of the decisions that you make, because they ultimately "don't matter"

That same mindset is why maniacs shoot up schools, malls and churches
There's plenty of religious, non-nihilistic people who don't believe the earth is flat, where you going with this?

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Incorrect

You know what a dog is because you see dogs every day of your life

You don't need a composite image to tell you what a dog looks like

You've never viewed the earth from space, so any picture of the earth from space that you see, you're CHOOSING to believe that this image is real, because all current images the earth from space are COMPOSITES

That means that they are images that YOU can never view with your own EYES

This is incredibly stupid.

1. I also know what the Earth looks like, because we have images of it. Your logic is that I need to specifically see the Earth from space with my own eyes, which is dumb for two reasons

a. You have never seen this dog with your own eyes. If we are following your logic, you cannot say ANYTHING is real, unless you've personally seen it.
b. You are arguing from ignorance, an informal fallacy. You are requiring impossible evidence from me (because you know I cannot go into space to view the Earth), and at the same time discarding the evidence from those that HAVE been to space.

I have already provided for you a non-composite real photograph of the Earth on Kodak paper, that was taken in 1972, decades before CGI and computer graphics were capable of generating an image of the Earth that was in any way comparable.

135918main_bm1_high.jpg

This image satisfies every requirement. It is a real photo, not a computer generated image. It is not composite. It shows the Earth in true color. It is on photo paper.

You are wrong.

Daps
NOTHING IN SCRIPTURE SAYS THE EARTH IS FLAT

BUT ROUND IS DEF THERE IN THE ZOHAR

"He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in." - Isaiah 40:22

The heavens are the top of the inside of the "tent", while the floor is the Earth. A circle is flat.

"He unleashes his lightning beneath the whole heaven and sends it to the ends of the earth." - Job 37:3

Spheres don't have ends. Flat circles/planes do.

"He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved." - Psalms 104:5

Earth is spinning on its axis at 1/4 a mile per second. orbiting the Sun at over 18 miles per second and being pulled by its mass around the Milky Way at around 124 miles per second.

Daps
"He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in." - Isaiah 40:22

The heavens are the top of the inside of the "tent", while the floor is the Earth. A circle is flat.

"He unleashes his lightning beneath the whole heaven and sends it to the ends of the earth." - Job 37:3

Earth is spinning on its axis at 1/4 a mile per second. orbiting the Sun at over 18 miles per second and being pulled by its mass around the Milky Way at around 124 miles per second.
Don’t bother these idiots think only a spherical object can be round

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

Do you believe the Bible is scientifically accurate :lupe:

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
@Th3Birdman bro I'm not trying to fukk up your thread but he's not going to listen. You definitely should be doing something better with your time outside of this lopsided debate.

Even if this is the case, I'm kicking knowledge. If other brehs needed to hear what I'm saying, then I accomplished my mission. They will always be able to refer back to these threads when Civic pops out of his gopher hole to shyt talk the heliocentric theory, as I am clearly bodybagging him in here.

You had me up until the Encino Man slander :ufdup:

Lol breh I did not slander Encino Man. I love that movie :russ:

I am a movie YouTuber. A lot of my references come from my passion for film.