I'm challenging xCivicx to A Debate About Flat Earth

Geordi

All Star
Daps
which only explain planes flying in one direction ...

and they never explain GPS ..
xcivicx said tv ,internet, gps, phone works by a secret network of thousands of high altitude balloons all over the earth :deadrose:

I asked him where the balloons are in relation to the sun and moon since according to flat earth they are only 70 miles away he disappeared of course

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Breh I have no desire to convince you of anything. You can think the moon is made out of cheese and I promise you I wouldn't give a fukk :heh:
Clearly you're lying to yourself

This thread is about me. You chose to insert yourself

Y'all are the ones that are losing your minds because I actually observe my reality instead of just believing what we're all told to believe

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I’m not being hypocritical, you’re just being retarded, as usual. The earth is roughly shaped like a sphere; I posted an accurate depiction of the lands of earth on such a shape.

You assert the earth is flat, yet claim the lands can’t be depicted on a flat surface. Suggesting it’s not possible to accurately depict a flat earth on a flat plane is just stupid. There’s no way around that.

Edit: and it’s clear you don’t even know what a straw man argument is. Unless you’re saying the logical fallacy is that the earth isn’t actually flat, thus I shouldn’t ask you to depict it as such…in which case I agree. :dead:
I never said that the continents cannot be depicted on a flat surface

I said that there isn't an accurate flat earth map to my knowledge

I'm not sure why you're so hung up on this point, I have no doubt that you wouldn't believe any hypothetical map I posted

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Clearly you're lying to yourself

This thread is about me. You chose to insert yourself

Y'all are the ones that are losing your minds because I actually observe my reality instead of just believing what we're all told to believe
The world is flat and everything you say is 100% correct.

Now please stop responding to me and respond to @Th3Birdman

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
One of you flat earthers need to cough up those coordinates for the edge of the earth. What’s the view look like?
As soon as you cough up the coordinates to the edge of space

While you're at it, please explain to the class how cardinal directions work in space

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
sub-buzz-13197-1505231830-3.jpg

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
We ask you to provide 1 model because everything you say contradicts an earlier thing you've said. The Globe model comfortably answers every single question about the observed phenomena AT THE SAME TIME.

YOU CAN'T DO THIS.

Hilariously wrong.

Can't explain away Lunar eclipses huh? :ufdup:

I would really appreciate it if you actually typed out words instead of making these videos so that I can respond point by point

Posting these videos seem a bit disingenuous to me because you're acting like the case is closed at the end of each video, but I'll go through them

Video 1: There are more than 2 phases of day, there are 4. Day, night, dawn dusk. 1/4 of the plane experiences each of these phases 1/4 of the time, throughout any point of the day. It's odd that you would leave dawn and dusk out of the equation, since their factually observable phenomena

Video 2: You're entire line of "logic" in this video is completely incorrect. There is nothing in that gif that would dictate that areas of the northern and southern hemisphere would experience the same seasons. The areas that the sun is furthest from, experience winter. The areas the sun is closest to, experience summer.

It's that simple

If the sun is revolving above LA, it is EXTREMELY FAR from south africa. You can literally see this in the gif so what are you talking about?

And also, with respect to argentina and THE EQUATOR IN GENERAL, because that area exists at the halfway point of the circle, it experiences THE LEAST AMOUNT OF TIME WHERE THE SUN IS FAR AWAY FROM IT. The sun moves almost twice the distance away from Toronto as it does from any random city in Argentina. This is simple thermodynamics. The longer a heat source is fixed on a point, the hotter that point gets

Video 3: The reason why I wanted to save the lunar eclipse for a different discussion is because it has a whole other set of inconsistencies attached to it.

To my knowledge, shadows are black. I've never seen a shadow that's any other color than black. The supposed earth's shadow being cast on the moon supposedly always produces a black shadow, up until the moon is completely in the earth's shadow, then the shadow turns red??

220px-Full_Eclipse_of_the_Moon_as_seen_in_from_Irvine%2C_CA%2C_USA_%2852075715442%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

Please explain how the earth goes from casting a black shadow on the moon, to a red one

Also, while you're at it, please explain in detail how a circular object can cast a shadow that is not an ellipse??

main-qimg-c4523a7e7ab5cf3f61759484cb4caa68.webp

VIdeo 4: Please provide proof that the Southern Cross is visible at all of those points at the same time

Also, I'm using hemisphere to make this easier on you. You definitely know a lot about me so you know that I also use "inward" and "outward" when I believe the person I'm posting at can conceptualize it

Video 5: I didn't contradict myself at all. You can only see the stars above you. Once they cross the horizon they're out of sight. If you COULD see across the plane, you would see the stars on the opposite side of said plane rotate 180 degrees as the REVOLVE TOWARDS YOU. You can't see those stars because of PERSPECTIVE aka THE HORIZON

The sunset video you posted was disingenuous, but you know that. The angle of that video was not parallel to the direction of the sunset.

Here's a TRUE example of a person looking due west towards the sun

Video 6: I'm not sure what the point of this was. I guess you think repeating what I posted and laughing somehow wins you this argument?

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
@Th3Birdman I repeat, please type up your words and post them so that I can actually respond to each point

Debate in good faith like I'm doing

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
1. You asked for an image of the Earth in front of the sun from space, which I provided. You don’t like that you can still see the sun, but I’m sorry, the Sun is massive and extremely bright.

2. Satellites are not objects that project light brighter than the Earth’s surface during the day and they are incredibly tiny in comparison to the mass of the Earth. This means due to the exposure time of the image I provided, you would be unable to see satellites. Think about what you’re saying— if you can’t see the stars, WHY THE FUKK WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO SEE SIGNIFICANTLY SMALLER OBJECTS THAT DON’T PRODUCE LIGHT? 😂😂😂

3. No, the video I posted with the globe and the camera changing distances but zooming completely and utterly destroyed your point. The sad part is you just admitted to not even watching the video because it’s a model Globe dummy, not the real Earth, so you asking for there to be stars and satellites just proved you don’t even know what we’re talking about 🤦🏾‍♂️

The video was a camera and a globe model you can buy at a store my dude. The continents on that model appear to shrink and grow due to the distance of the camera and the zoom level. You can literally do this yourself with any camera and a globe.

Failure.
1. Why can't you produce a photo of the earth completely blocking the sun? It should be simple right?

Also, why can't you produce a photo of stars from space with the earth SOMEWHERE in the photo? There are multiple objects orbiting the earth that are capable of capturing pictures

2. I never implied that satellites should be "bright" in space. However, you should be able to see multiple, thousands of black specks all across the bright earth. Those specks would be the satellites

3. I watched the video, that's why I brought up the "angles" issue. That was the reasoning used in the video. All those photos of earth from different angles and yet not a star in sight, in any of them. The sun just happened to always be directly behind the camera huh

I'm gonna be in and out of this thread for the next few hours, I have to take care of a few things in the real world