I'm Awaiting The Inevitable Jason Schreier Article On WTF Happened With Cyberpunk 2077 Like...

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I don’t think it’s mismanagement. The game was too ambitious for the console generation it was created in.
you won't be sayin that by the end of 2021 when it's running like a dream

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
It’s crazy how Ghosts and Last of Us looked and ran butter smooth on last gen but this game looks washed and yeah I got another crash as I’m writing this:russ:
Well....One was built for trash hardware with basic/ npc world design the other is on multiple consoles and struggle on 3080s :ld:. Its ok to like linear games but they don't do anything nearly close to what this game is doing.

Last edited:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Had a crash on PS5 and had to turn off all the picture settings but gameplay wise it's great.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
just copped off GOG and DL'd last night. for a game the media was trying to downplay its action gameplay for its RPG core, it play really nice for an FPS, cover system and everything. i needed something to fill the void fallout 4 left and this is def it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
There's definitely some who want this game to fail but i see an equal amount of people who are desperate for this game to be a masterpiece.

I keep seeing shyt like "yo this game is a classic apart from *inserts laundry list of flaws the game has*"

Dudes hyped themselves into an all time classic and can't get out of that hype prison...the truth might be too scary to accept :wow:

Reminds me of when GTA IV came out.....gonna be real interesting how this game is looked at in a year or two :sas1:

Naw the problem is a lot of people are trashing the game because of performance issues and graphical issues which is mostly present on last gen hardware. While it isn’t as pretty as ultra pc hardware (which they used for promotion) it looks still looks good on the ps5 and Xbox series x. It to me still looks way better than all 3 Ubisoft games that were just released this past month. It looks like an above average open world game, just not the jaw dropping experience that was promised that the pc players are getting and on top of the stability issues...i get it.

But that can’t be confused with the basic gameplay, story, characters, and detail that went into this game. Underneath all the jank is a majorly ambitious and fun role playing game. If you aren’t having a lot of problems with glitches and crashes you aren’t gonna judge this the same way someone else who is running it on a ps4 and having it crash 6 times a session is having.

Like, I’m actually playing and enjoying the game and I have no reason to lie about liking it. I was just as hyped for FF7 Remake, which I’ve been wanting a remake for since advent children and I can honestly not see myself playing it again. It was fine, but I’m not a slave to hype I can let go of a game if I’m not enjoying it easily. Cyberpunk is fun to me, I’m not sure why yall think because it’s glitchy that it can’t be fun.

Wasteland 3 was super glitchy and crashed on me every single hour, guess what? still a fun ass game. Same thing with divinity oringal sin 2, janky as hell, missing and incomplete quest, missing party members, shyt randomly catching on fire, the works. Still fun and one of the greatest games I’ve ever played.

The worst thing this game/CDPR did was not cancelling this game for previous gen.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
People not playing this game or who only have current gen consoles want this game “flop” so bad :mjlol:

Game is fukking FLAMES:ohlawd:
I’m playing on og Xbox one and having a great time, I don’t really understand the hate unless you are a transgender :manny: sure the game has issues but I’m sure that’ll be fixed sooner or later

Jchr is

Banned
Daps
It was, but when you want cheap hardware:yeshrug:

CPR will patch it and get it working just like Witcher 3. Game was too ambitious for that old shyt

Red Dead? GTA5? Watchdogs? It's games with moving parts that have shyt going on and don't bug the fukk out as much as this shyt.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Red Dead? GTA5? Watchdogs? It's games with moving parts that have shyt going on and don't bug the fukk out as much as this shyt.

All those games had a lot of trouble when porting to PC. It’s incredibly hard to make a big game like this and have it run smoothly on 9 different platforms, especially when you are primarily a pc game developer. They built it on and for PC and scaled it down for consoles and realized the game they are building is way too much for past gen consoles.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Lies all 3 of those have crazy bugs and not one of them is expansive and detailed as cyberpunk.

Miles Morales was literally breaking consoles, yet we didn’t get all this doom and gloom.

Don’t understand the Hate boner the internet has for this game:smh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Lies all 3 of those have crazy bugs and not one of them is expansive and detailed as cyberpunk.

Miles Morales was literally breaking consoles, yet we didn’t get all this doom and gloom.

Don’t understand the Hate boner the internet has for this game:smh:

theres about 10 posters that are flooding the og thread that didn't even have the game. This is how every big game release is now.