I'm addicted to buying guns....AMA

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just found out I cant even use a rifle where im at...:francis: the shot gun will have to do cause im not so sure about bow hunting.....

If I do get that 700 what caliber should I get?

I would go 30-06 Springfield because imo you can pretty much shoot anything in the big game family. But I would research what game is around you and what others are using. I'm in the Midwest tons of deer and elk and I'd probably travel westward and a 30-06 could sweep any large game that I've researched.

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would go 30-06 Springfield because imo you can pretty much shoot anything in the big game family. But I would research what game is around you and what others are using. I'm in the Midwest tons of deer and elk and I'd probably travel westward and a 30-06 could sweep any large game that I've researched.
bet I got a take down .22 that I can kill small shyt with so that makes sense I probally wont make hunting season this year because Id have to take a class and all that shyt....I waited too late to do that research so next year I know ill be ready

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
bet I got a take down .22 that I can kill small shyt with so that makes sense I probally wont make hunting season this year because Id have to take a class and all that shyt....I waited too late to do that research so next year I know ill be ready

Does your state have the hunters class online? Mine did. It has a lil manual you read which is very basic. It has the rules of firearm safety, different types of guns, rifles, and bows. It tells you where to shoot animals, how to take safe shots, why it's important, basically hunter ethics.
Then you take a lil Test.

It has some videos too. It's OK, not bad, not hard. Maybe takes an hour or 2 if you watch all the videos. Mine showed a pistol, a revolver, a shotgun, a rifle, talked about the different types of ammo, Centerfield and rimfire, compound bow vs long bow, crossbow, tree stands, etc just a bunch of short 5 min videos.

I'm going out early in the morning, I'm optimistic I'll catch them animals at breakfast time.

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does your state have the hunters class online? Mine did. It has a lil manual you read which is very basic. It has the rules of firearm safety, different types of guns, rifles, and bows. It tells you where to shoot animals, how to take safe shots, why it's important, basically hunter ethics.

It has some videos too. It's OK, not bad, not hard. Maybe takes an hour or 2 if you watch all the videos. Mine showed a pistol, a revolver, a shotgun, a rifle, talked about the different types of ammo, Centerfield and rimfire, compound bow vs long bow, crossbow, tree stands, etc just a bunch of short 5 min videos.

I'm going out early in the morning, I'm optimistic I'll catch them animals at breakfast time.

When I get home ima look it up but im pretty sure you have to have a day of live firing here...where you at? Take me out when you go (if you close) im in delaware

Mac Brown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-town
say a 20 gauge. Anybody in the house can shoot it without dropping it.

You got a point. I've never shot a 20g. And my wife is scared of the 12g...:ehh: i dont need another shotgun tho but i pretty sure if someone gets hit with #3 or 00 it would have the same effect

I have a few 12 gauges, and ya'll making me want a 20 gauge as well:ohhh:

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
You got a point. I've never shot a 20g. And my wife is scared of the 12g...:ehh: i dont need another shotgun tho but i pretty sure if someone gets hit with #3 or 00 it would have the same effect
Especially if they're at close range in the house.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
I have a few 12 gauges, and ya'll making me want a 20 gauge as well:ohhh:
They're dope to me because firing a 12 vs a 20 is like firing a 45 vs a 9. You lose a little power, but a lot less kick. Good for the home because they're smaller and everybody can shoot it with confidence. A 13 yr old kid or a small wife w a 12 gauge can be a disaster in a sticky situation.
1426616325_girl_shotgun_recoil_fail.gif

Darkslayer

The Time Has Come And So Have I
Daps
Reppin
Vigilante Season

What Do You Do If You See A Bear?

Ronnie Macho

Banned
Supporter
Daps
They're dope to me because firing a 12 vs a 20 is like firing a 45 vs a 9. You lose a little power, but a lot less kick. Good for the home because they're smaller and everybody can shoot it with confidence. A 13 yr old kid or a small wife w a 12 gauge can be a disaster in a sticky situation.
1426616325_girl_shotgun_recoil_fail.gif

10-8 round for 12g 'cause of the knock down...

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When I get home ima look it up but im pretty sure you have to have a day of live firing here...where you at? Take me out when you go (if you close) im in delaware
Here's what I took. It's a national online hunters education Delaware Hunter Ed Course Study Guide | Delaware Hunting License Study Guide for Online Hunting Safety Course you'll still need to check, I don't believe you would have to live fire...it wouldn't make too much sense because if you were bow hunting you'd have to shoot a bow, shotgun, rifle, handgun...you can pretty much wake up anyway and decide what your going to hunt with as long as the area permits you to use it. I'm pretty sure the place I'm going to in about an hr is .22 only.