richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I really want to leave America, preferably Africa or the Caribbean. I make great money here in America but my job is non existent outside of the United States and Canada to an extent. What are options available for a career change? In one of the travel groups I'm in on Facebook, a lot of the brehs advocate doing the digital nomad thing.

Daps
I really want to leave America, preferably Africa or the Caribbean. I make great money here in America but my job is non existent outside of the United States and Canada to an extent. What are options available for a career change? In one of the travel groups I'm in on Facebook, a lot of the brehs advocate doing the digital nomad thing.

I would love to live life as a digital nomad one day.

Daps
If you're goofy enough to get on a plane and dip. I would say bargain basement never leaving and no passive income you'd need at least 64k.

There was one repat to Gambia who literally sold all her shyt on Facebook Marketplace got every credit card she could took the money off of them put that in her bank account and used the rest to ship her shyt to Banjul and bought a first class ticket.

Needless to say I DO NOT support moving that way but I probably would've done the same if I was on the run from the law.

Did she kill somebody? :lupe:

And I wasn't aware you could go to an African country and not be extradited. I knew it was true for countries that have bad relations with the US, such as Cuba, but never considered an African country for non extradition.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
The options are limited only by your imagination. You can work for the Federal Government while overseas.
I considered applying for a job with US Aid in Nairobi.

Your skills are valued worldwide and that goes double for your american education.

Most African college degrees arent recognuzed in the west but a junior college degree is looked on favorably in the global south.

Use your resources and research.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Definitely need another black travel/expat channel. Majority of the ones on YouTube consists of passport bros tricking. :francis:
Yes but that being said theres plenty of general travel channels
And specific "how to expat" channels to specific regions Most "how to move" channels are by for and about women. They drop goid game but they dont really keep it real.

The budget travel and "how to expat" market is still wide open.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Did she kill somebody? :lupe:

And I wasn't aware you could go to an African country and not be extradited. I knew it was true for countries that have bad relations with the US, such as Cuba, but never considered an African country for non extradition.
Lol I doubt if she killed anybody.

That being said if you oofed some random person and dipped to the majority of African countries outside of maybe South Africa, Kenya and maybe Ghana chances of you being caught are low

Unless the FBI has a strong working relationship in the country and ask for a favor really the Justice department dont care enough to bring you back just to jail you at the taxpayers expense.

Your technically in jail to them out of sight out of mind.

Daps
You totally can.

My girlfriends brother does online surveys. Wont make you rich but hes making money online.

Theres a million ways to do it check upwork and craigslist.

I'm a software engineer. I follow a couple of folks in tech who are living life as digital nomads. The only issue for me is that while I would love to do this, I have so many obligations. Not to mention the fact that I want to have children soon. It would be "easy" to do this as a man with no attachments. But with a woman and children, it would probably make it next to impossible.

I'm still interested in this life though, because you never know what the future holds.

Daps
Cupace20230611183217217.png

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
The options are limited only by your imagination. You can work for the Federal Government while overseas.
I considered applying for a job with US Aid in Nairobi.

Your skills are valued worldwide and that goes double for your american education.

Most African college degrees arent recognuzed in the west but a junior college degree is looked on favorably in the global south.

Use your resources and research.
Drop some knowledge about where to find jobs that may offer overseas work, im not sure here to look at or at least what to look for or how to look for it

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Drop some knowledge about where to find jobs that may offer overseas work, im not sure here to look at or at least what to look for or how to look for it
Well Keep in mind that I don't work and I wouldn't count on any one being able to do it but I know several people who came down and figured it out.

I know a couple of people who sell Medical Insurance to americans online getting commisions. So you know you're hustle bones have to be on point.

I know another guy who adminsters online meetings, and of course there's dudes who design build and administers websites.

There's people who have travel companies for Black people It's not a business in a traditional sense but homie manages to monitize it.

You can do the Airbnb hustle all you need to do is to sublet 3 or 4 apartments and depending on the city you could make a grip especially in Kenya.

Manage real estate/ be a landlord or property manager in the states while overseas.

You could work for a volenteer orginazation or even the US federal government if they have a job in your country.

Then there's the old fall back of English teaching. It'd be best if you have a TOEFL (which you can get online) but I know people who teach without it. Everyone prefers native speakers because my Girl is a University trained English and French teacher and she sounds sorta like Tony Montana.

There's call center work that you can do from the crib, and if you really wanted to you could even work on cruise ships and work part timer which would be enough to live off of fulltime.

You could sell weaves or used clothes or new "fast Fashion" in other countries. Some countries love anything american. In Jamaica Old Navy and American Eagle was all the rage.
You could work in the america part time especially and live the rest of the time in the country of your choice.
You could be a youtube travel trick bum scammer and facilitate sex tourism there's social media sites that are monitizable
You could also work for another expat as a partner or as a worker such as a cook or bartender or handyman.

Now working on a cruise ship and or working for an expat or being a Travel trick bum is extreme but I know people who do it and make a decent living doing so. The point is if you want to live your life the way you want to you can figure it out

Last edited:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I'm a software engineer. I follow a couple of folks in tech who are living life as digital nomads. The only issue for me is that while I would love to do this, I have so many obligations. Not to mention the fact that I want to have children soon. It would be "easy" to do this as a man with no attachments. But with a woman and children, it would probably make it next to impossible.

I'm still interested in this life though, because you never know what the future holds.
Bring your family. unless you already got one foot out of the door in your relationship living overseas is an excellent way to keep an ADOS chick in check.

She'll be dependent on you and she knows you can easily get another chick so she'll either act right or dip but she won't bush you for a local.

Or become a Halfpat live a couple months overseas and a couple of months in the states you get the best of both worlds.

You should not bush your familal and professional connections that you developed over a lifetime to be a stranger in a strange land.

But you can and should develop New connections over time in a new place where your skill set is in even more demand.