DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
Do u know ho to speak spanish, considering u said u going to Colombia?

Cant speak a lick but i just wanna travel there but im unsure how ill be able to move without the language. I wanna get with some hoes out there.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
How was Medellin? i suggest you check out Cali too.

Medellin was dope. I always figured that was the main 'go to' city in Colombia for most people. There's still sketchy areas but I never once felt unsafe, even at night. They're among the nicest people I've ever met. damn near everybody was cool. If I spoke spanish I would have had an even greater experience. There's many other places apart from Bogota that I want to visit in Colombia, but I think I'll always stay in Medellin.

I'll look into Cali, but next time I'm out there I definitely want to stay in San Andres island for a while.

Only downside to tourism is that now that the secret is out about Colombia, more and more goofies are visiting there.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps

Cant speak a lick but i just wanna travel there but im unsure how ill be able to move without the language. I wanna get with some hoes out there.
I'm far from fluent. I know some words but I can't hold a conversation with anyone and I live here.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps

I'm getting much better.

Here's what I did to improve

Figure out what you want to know like say how to order food at a restaurant or how to ask for directions or how to talk to a girl and learn that and go from there. Try tp speak whatever language that you want to learn with people even if you get stuck that's how you improve.

Watch TV youtube or netflix subtitled in the language you want to learn and watch kids shows or comedies in the foriegn language with English subtitles especially if you saw the movie 100 times.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
For some brehs going overseas can be daunting.

One way to ease into it is to either get a room in an airbnb or a homestay where you stay with a family. This is not as bad as it seems usually people have a big house and there's some bulit in privacy. Also in the low season you might get a spot to yourself if people rent multiple rooms out. (this is common)

Another thing is renting single rooms in Hostels that way you get to hang around experienced travelers while learning the language and learning how to move in a new place.

The last sentance is important. I just saw on Facebook where some dudes robbed this fly ass restaurant. shyt is generally safe but especially in Medellin the local wolves are used to robbing newbie gringos. Being with locals or even experienced travelers will help you aviod getting robbed. People will also be less likely to overcharge you if they know that you know some local people.

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
I'm getting much better.

Here's what I did to improve

Figure out what you want to know like say how to order food at a restaurant or how to ask for directions or how to talk to a girl and learn that and go from there. Try tp speak whatever language that you want to learn with people even if you get stuck that's how you improve.

Watch TV youtube or netflix subtitled in the language you want to learn and watch kids shows or comedies in the foriegn language with English subtitles especially if you saw the movie 100 times.

Good advice but im sure its a slow and maybe too long of a proccess.

Might just say fukk it one day and travel there and see how it goes.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Answering more questions

You can pay your bills through World remit, Xoom or Sendwave (Africa only). You can pay through credit cards for more protection instead of sending directly from your bank account.

It's way easier to reverse a charge through a credit card and you can get points or cash back through credit cards. Also you can easily stop a subscription service easily by removing the credit card.

Paypal works in some countries I haven't seen cash app work overseas.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Medellin was dope. I always figured that was the main 'go to' city in Colombia for most people. There's still sketchy areas but I never once felt unsafe, even at night. They're among the nicest people I've ever met. damn near everybody was cool. If I spoke spanish I would have had an even greater experience. There's many other places apart from Bogota that I want to visit in Colombia, but I think I'll always stay in Medellin.

I'll look into Cali, but next time I'm out there I definitely want to stay in San Andres island for a while.

Only downside to tourism is that now that the secret is out about Colombia, more and more goofies are visiting there.

I heard San Andres is dope. the Black people over there kinda feel separate from the Mainland and looking at the location (near Panama) I can see why. Heard the seafood up there was on another level.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Uber hacks

In the 3rd world switch to Cash only most Uber drivers don't want Credit cards and in the DR they are quick to cancel a ride.

Also never cancel a ride if you don't have to Make them cancel if you cancel you have to pay half or all of the trip.

Finally activate the Pin function in settings that way a Uber driver can't say that he picked you up and charge you for a ride that you didn't take.

hatealot

Banned
Daps
Uber hacks

In the 3rd world switch to Cash only most Uber drivers don't want Credit cards and in the DR they are quick to cancel a ride.

Also never cancel a ride if you don't have to Make them cancel if you cancel you have to pay half or all of the trip.

Finally activate the Pin function in settings that way a Uber driver can't say that he picked you up and charge you for a ride that you didn't take.
I'm going to santo domingo.

:russ:

:usure:

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
For some brehs going overseas can be daunting.

One way to ease into it is to either get a room in an airbnb or a homestay where you stay with a family. This is not as bad as it seems usually people have a big house and there's some bulit in privacy. Also in the low season you might get a spot to yourself if people rent multiple rooms out. (this is common)

Another thing is renting single rooms in Hostels that way you get to hang around experienced travelers while learning the language and learning how to move in a new place.

The last sentance is important. I just saw on Facebook where some dudes robbed this fly ass restaurant. shyt is generally safe but especially in Medellin the local wolves are used to robbing newbie gringos. Being with locals or even experienced travelers will help you aviod getting robbed. People will also be less likely to overcharge you if they know that you know some local people.

I think that was in some hotel restaurant called Click Clack. It's crazy because it happened literally less than a 10 minute walk from where I was staying in 2019.

I'd still go back to Medellin but I've noticed a lot of fukkery has been escalating there lately - even in upscale areas. I partially expected the wolves to come out since covid has made things harder, but a lot of these tourists especially the dudes bring it on themselves up in the dumbest of ways. Wearing jewelry and going to clubs throwing money in the air like they're in a music video. Don't even get me started on embarassing stories of fools willy nilly trusting any old chick and end up getting drugged and robbed. Just general dumb shyt they should know not to do, especially in this climate.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I think that was in some hotel restaurant called Click Clack. It's crazy because it happened literally less than a 10 minute walk from where I was staying in 2019.

I'd still go back to Medellin but I've noticed a lot of fukkery has been escalating there lately - even in upscale areas. I partially expected the wolves to come out since covid has made things harder, but a lot of these tourists especially the dudes bring it on themselves up in the dumbest of ways. Wearing jewelry and going to clubs throwing money in the air like they're in a music video. Don't even get me started on embarassing stories of fools willy nilly trusting any old chick and end up getting drugged and robbed. Just general dumb shyt they should know not to do, especially in this climate.
a Lot of fukkery happens in Medellin. It's not all Black people some Puerto Ricans was wearing Fat Gold chains got robbed while walking into the Air Bnb in The Energy Living Complex (one of the most exclusive spots in the city)

I saw nikkas throwing money in Llreas Park (the club) which is a regular nightclub not a strip club.

People move extremely wierd and wonder why people look at them as food.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
More advice. There are those who say that you need hundreds of thousands of dollars to move to another country technically that is correct but I would also say that you'd want to see how the other half lives too. If you had the bread that Sweet Mickey or whoever got the President of Haiti killed then you could live comfortably in Haiti But if you had that money you'd be better off living in the DR.

When getting shyt done don't try to cheap out holla at Official people whenever possible you will actually save money in the long run.

Like I said overseas everything is upside down cheap is expensive.