I'll name this offseason thread later: The NBA 2019 Offseason/Free Agency Thread

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He chose to go back to that dumpster fire in NY because he wanted that little bit more money instead of competing/winning. I don't feel bad for him about the NY situation. He got exactly what he signed up for. :yeshrug:

Everyone gets washed up. Team USA doesn't have to keep guys around just because they're having a tough time. I don't want Tayshaun Prince or Tyson Chandler on this squad. :skip:

It's a competition, not a charity. Melo's made hundreds of millions. No one's gonna feel bad for his "down" period.

Houston jettisoning him combined with no one, not even the Lakers, signing Melo says it all. LeBron won't even throw him a lifeline but Team USA is supposed to?

Im not going to entertain the whole Bron can just tell the Lakers to sign Melo thing ... Its a competition sure but I have laid out the quality of names they are bringing in. Again, Im not calling for them to spurn stars for Melo, these are role players Im naming. Its the perfect storm to help the guy out

Colangelo calling Melo a 'distraction' is a slap in the face, esp considering how much he gave back to them. He should have just not said anything

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Joe Harris, Mason Plumlee, Bam Adebayo, Jarrett Allen, PJ Tucker, Thad Young, Derrick White

2 of those names will be on the national team, I tend to think they could have included Melo over a group like this. I dont think you quite understand the talent pool involved here, you frame it like he would be taking a spot from an all star level player.

Its whatever though, doesnt need to be a back & forth

I’m not framing it like he’s taking a spot from an all-star, I’m framing it like he’d be taking a spot from someone better than him. :manny:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was just reading an article about how Kawahi bought a multi-million dollar home in San Diego...I was really expecting this dude to sign back in Toronto when the writing was on the wall he was gone....Basically he got them a ship and that probably helped clear his conscious a bit...He talked PG into pushing for a trade and he has everything he wants...If that wasn't well played I don't know what you could call it.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m not framing it like he’s taking a spot from an all-star, I’m framing it like he’d be taking a spot from someone better than him. :manny:

and Im framing it that they should pay it forward for all the dedication hes shown in the past

i dont see that being a big ask with the quality of players they have on the roster

i cant put more time talking about this because I dont care nearly as much as it seems I do @Regular_P

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was just reading an article about how Kawahi bought a multi-million dollar home in San Diego...I was really expecting this dude to sign back in Toronto when the writing was on the wall he was gone....Basically he got them a ship and that probably helped clear his conscious a bit...He talked PG into pushing for a trade and he has everything he wants...If that wasn't well played I don't know what you could call it.
did you just wake up from a coma :skip:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
EBfLaGDX4AEUQ2B

Back practicing :wow::wow::wow::wow: