I'll name this offseason thread later: The NBA 2019 Offseason/Free Agency Thread

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
2010 and 14 were still significantly better teams than what this one is starting to look like

This team is closer to those mid 2000s teams that had guys like Antonio Davis on it and were losing to teams like Puerto Rico and Italy all the time

2014 sure, but 2010 is revisionist history. That team got shytted on hard, a lot of people thought they were gonna lose because of the lack of starpower. They were literally being called the B-Team. It was one All-NBA player (Durant), vet fringe all-stars (Billups, Odom, Chandler, Iggy), and at the time 1st-2nd year players who hadn’t established themselves as stars (Rose, Curry, Love, Westbrook, etc.).

Also, George Karl & Larry Brown are not walking through that door.

Piff Huxtable

Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps
2014 sure, but 2010 is revisionist history. That team got shytted on hard, a lot of people thought they were gonna lose because of the lack of starpower. They were literally being called the B-Team. It was one All-NBA player (Durant), vet fringe all-stars (Billups, Odom, Chandler, Iggy), and at the time 1st-2nd year players who hadn’t established themselves as stars (Rose, Curry, Love, Westbrook, etc.).

that 2014 team was the most dominant Team USA since the 96 olympics
man I thought Faried had next after that summer :francis:

Daps
Reppin
California
Y’all traded Paul George but kept Raymond Felton. You kept Andre Roberson. Do y’all not love Russell Westbrook?” The man says, according to a transcript of one of the voicemails obtained by KOCO5. “I hope he kill everybody. I want to kill everybody.”

nah this is hilarious:laff:

Yo I got Tears coming down my face this is fukkin HILARIOUS :russ:

Box Factory

hater
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang

Are you just talking about perception going into it or how good they actually were ?

Perception wise maybe it was similar, but just the depth with the perimeter players isn't close imo.

Outside of Kemba and Lillard this is a pretty terrible group this year.

Still think they're gonna have more pullouts too. I'd be shocked if all 3 of Beal, Kemba and Lillard are there. I'd be less surprised if all 3 declined

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are you just talking about perception going into it or how good they actually were ?

Perception wise maybe it was similar, but just the depth with the perimeter players isn't close imo.

Outside of Kemba and Lillard this is a pretty terrible group this year.

Still think they're gonna have more pullouts too. I'd be shocked if all 3 of Beal, Kemba and Lillard are there. I'd be less surprised if all 3 declined

I can only talk about perception because that’s all we have to go off of with this team

Even if all three do pull out, I still expect to win gold.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
It’s always amazed me how in practice/warmup all these nba players can hit like 10 shots in a row...and then can go like 3-10 in games even if uncontested

Is it cuz of adrenaline flowing? Or just the pressure of the moment ?
Guard and playing in the NBA is much much much harder than workouts.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
It’s always amazed me how in practice/warmup all these nba players can hit like 10 shots in a row...and then can go like 3-10 in games even if uncontested

Is it cuz of adrenaline flowing? Or just the pressure of the moment ?
Stamina is different playing defense and running up and down the court

Pressure is different every bucket matters and you got 20,000 people watching you

There’s a shot clock and the threat of guys closing out. Guys like Ben Simmons and Dwight Howard could knock down triples in an open gym it’s different in game