IGN out here stealing game reviews

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
No, you tried to downplay that shyt like it's just a few people,

Clearly racism and sexism is a bigger problem than the analogy you give right here.

It's not my analogy. It's the analogy from the video you linked as some sort of authority over the situation. Again, I recognize the problem of racism, online harassment and doxxing. But to pretend like that's the entirety of what gamergate was about is a straight up lie.

That movement is an alt right cac agenda, nothing more needs to be said about it.

The way you keep trying to convince me that it was about that girl is exactly what these alt right dudes do when they need to justify their racism.

No, I said the girl was the catalyst. Your denial that her relationship with Grayson had anything to do with it is baffling.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
It's not my analogy. It's the analogy from the video you linked as some sort of authority over the situation. Again, I recognize the problem of racism, online harassment and doxxing. But to pretend like that's the entirety of what gamergate was about is a straight up lie.

No, I said the girl was the catalyst. Your denial that her relationship with Grayson had anything to do with it is baffling.
Negged, I'm tired of arguing with you about what's essentially an alt right movement.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

Peep the language used in the top post post

I'll skip the story and focus on the conflict points.

#GamerGate has evolved to voice outrage on several things:

• Corruption in gaming journalism and competitions, and the resulting demand for disclosure and ethics reform.
  • * A game developer sleeping with a journalist who then gave her game very favorable reviews (when the gaming community thought the game was not very good). She also got a gaming fundraiser shut down just before starting her own gaming fundraiser.
    • A PR agent sleeping with the head judge of a game festival and her clients' games winning.
  • Outrage spreads to Twitter, among other online forums.

• The two women above, as well as others related to the industry jump into the heated discussion online. A few receive death threats. All sides condemn harassment and threats.
  • Gaming journalists publish articles declaring "gamers are dead" and paint them as cis white male misogynists who hate women in their previously-male-dominated industry. The allegations of corruption are not addressed.

• Gamers outraged at the "anti-gamer" sites who ran the articles stereotyping and shaming their own fan base.

• Gamers note that 10+ sites all ran similar talking-points on the same day, and suspect an industry-wide issue. They dig deeper into the web of industry relationships and uncover more conflicts of interest, but also a suspicion that radical, anti-male feminists (often referred to pejoratively as "social justice warriors" or SJWs) are driving the narrative in the press.
    • Gamers are upset that SJWs are deflecting the issue of corruption and turning it into one of misogyny and harassment of females in the industry. Articles that emerge in the BBC and Guardian do not mention the original issue of corruption, but focus on the death threats.
  • The female author of the Guardian article is shown to be financially supportive of the women she defends in her article. She is called out on it publicly.

• Gamers are convinced this is proof of the corruption.
    • SJWs are convinced this is proof of the misogyny.
  • In response to SJWs accusing the #GamerGate movement as being driven by mostly cis white males, minority gamers who support the movement tweet with #NotYourShield to tell the SJWs they don't need anyone speaking for them.
There is a lot more to be said, but this should serve as a primer.

I will note that on the Internet, almost anything can be faked. Some gamers doubt the legitimacy of the death threats, and some SJWs doubt the existence of the #NotYourShield gamers, as anyone can post a message online, screencap it, and share it with their side as "evidence." Also note there is a 3rd party - trolls - who will fan the flames just because they can."

:mjpls::mjpls::mjpls:

And this is how its explained on every cac gaming site.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Dude thinks we needed an alt right movement in gaming to expose something that's been clear as day since the kane and lynch review.
:francis:

Probably thinks we needed trump in politics too.
:scust:
No need in arguing with that type. They know what they're doing:scust:

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps

I actually kind of respect the audacity of ol boy.

Had his little youtube channel, making a couple bucks plagarising reviews. Parlayed it into a job with IGN and instead of straightening out and trying to learn to write, said fukk it im gonna take these motherfukkers money till the wheels fall off :wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
His
Square Enix has created what feels like a storybook world that extrudes the 2D RPG dungeon maps of the 16-bit console era and transcends them into the third dimension — complete with atmospheric lighting and shadow effectsfrom the modern era.

Polygon
The developers have created a storybook world that extrudes the dungeon maps of 16-bit console RPGs into three dimensions, then soaks everything in atmospheric lighting and shadow effects.

:mjlol: