IGN out here stealing game reviews

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I'm surprised Philip would do something like that :francis:. He just got a prime spot at IGN, after being a YouTube guy for a little bit. I never heard of him until he starting hosting NVC. I could see he was green, wonder if the pressures of being in a big spot got to him and he was like no one will know if I borrow from this other litter seen reviewer :lolbron:, until they did and he got hit with the :ufdup:

That little seen reviewer went from 18k subs to 44k over night man :wow:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
I stopped messing w/IGN yrs ago when some of their game reviews was on some bias/suspect shyt. It was like these publishers pay IGN for there reviews on some of these games. When I would check other sites like Gamespot or operation sports (sports games) the reviews would be completely different.

This is why we needed gamer gate. I stopped fukkin w/ major gaming companies a long time ago, and rely solely on select voices I know and trust. The gaming journalism industry is mad sus

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
This is why we needed gamer gate. I stopped fukkin w/ major gaming companies a long time ago, and rely solely on select voices I know and trust. The gaming journalism industry is mad sus

It's been suspect for many years. I think if you're really unsure about buying a game you can still check for player reviews on those websites I mentioned earlier or check the buyer reviews on Amazon as well. IGN lost their credibility about 10+ yrs ago.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I parted ways with ign after I peeped they wasn't playing the games they reviewed. Mostly Kinect games but my first time noticing they didn't play everything was the Madden 64 review. I doubt they ever changed it if anyone cares to read it :yeshrug:

RoidJonesJr

Superstar
Daps
That little seen reviewer went from 18k subs to 44k over night man :wow:

He was actually at 11K, now at 52K :whew:

vB4Moc7.jpg

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
when the kane and lynch saga happened i stopped relying on websites for gamer reviews real talk

This guy knows about it. The dude that made that review played it and gave an honest to goodness, PROPER review on that game and they shyt canned him for it 'cause Eidos was already pumping Gamespot full of ad rev money and was hoping for something more....."agreeable"

What's worse is that alot of these "Journalists" have accepted the culture of being wooed a bit more "discreetly" for favorable reviews. Being flown out and given gift bags and special DLC.

fukk game reviews and scores, folk should just be watching gameplay vids and decide if it's worth their quid.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
Some of y'all nikkas I swear......
maybe reviews are way different on different sites because people have different opinions?
Y'all still rolling with gamer gate even though a) 90% of them are alt rights trolls who would dox you at the drop of a hat? b) most of their claims have debunked c) primarily targets and launches harassment campaigns against

Funny thing is alot of people are posting about yeah I haven't check ign since 2000 and you know that very few of the same people work their right? I find it best to actually follow a reviewer and find one that aligns with your taste or gives a really good breakdown of why they actually like something.

AS far as reviewers getting flown out for reviews events etc they was oding back in the PS2 Era throwing money away and lavish BS but nowadays that sort of thing is a lot more rare except for certain games.

Funny thing is that guy people were mentioning from the Kane & Lynch fiasco (Jeff Gerstmann) made his own website and is still doing well reviewing games etc and is not beholden to "traditional media" overseers. Meanwhile plenty of youtubers have literally been caught taking straight cash from big companies for positive coverage but I guess that's all :whistle:

That being said I take every review with a grain of salt for a game I'm on the fence for I'll read reviews watch gameplay, ask other players all that

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Some of y'all nikkas I swear......
maybe reviews are way different on different sites because people have different opinions?

nikka, what? No shyt. No one's mad at different reviewers having different opinions. The problem is the blatant dikkriding between game corporations and journalists. That if you point out flaws, and give less than 9 or 10 out of 10, you'll be blacklisted. There hasn't been any semblance of objectivity for years.

Y'all still rolling with gamer gate even though a) 90% of them are alt rights trolls who would dox you at the drop of a hat? b) most of their claims have debunked c) primarily targets and launches harassment campaigns against

Irrelevant ad hominems. Of course people are shytty to each other on the internet, but that doesn't dismiss the fact that reviewers at major companies received soft bribes for years and didn't disclose any of it until ... you guessed it, gamer gate!

Funny thing is alot of people are posting about yeah I haven't check ign since 2000 and you know that very few of the same people work their right? I find it best to actually follow a reviewer and find one that aligns with your taste or gives a really good breakdown of why they actually like something.

That's exactly what I said I do... it just so happens that for the past decade or so, certain publications were incentivized to downplay or even leave out major issues with AAA games. That's why people are talking specifically of the relationship between say IGN and AAA game developers. Now that YouTube is larger, small channels receive some benefits too, but at least they're more apt to tell you that they received a free copy of the game or whatever. Gamer gate was a huge catalyst for that.

AS far as reviewers getting flown out for reviews events etc they was oding back in the PS2 Era throwing money away and lavish BS but nowadays that sort of thing is a lot more rare except for certain games.

Funny thing is that guy people were mentioning from the Kane & Lynch fiasco (Jeff Gerstmann) made his own website and is still doing well reviewing games etc and is not beholden to "traditional media" overseers. Meanwhile plenty of youtubers have literally been caught taking straight cash from big companies for positive coverage but I guess that's all :whistle:

That being said I take every review with a grain of salt for a game I'm on the fence for I'll read reviews watch gameplay, ask other players all that

:gucci:

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
fukk IGN.. I look for Real people's opinions online before i get a game.. I check out IGN also just to compare the reviews..