If You're Not Bench Pressing At Least 200 lbs @ The Gym

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
I can't bench press 225 for reps easily, honestly I think i could do 3 x 5 but that's it! i never go to that weight when I do bench. I have no idea why but I have always struggled with Bench press so i typically stick to dumbell pressing.
I'd say half the guys at my gym can't bench 225. More likely more than half can't.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
:duck:

I've seen bold ass girls in the gym approach dudes squatting 3/4 plates in awe

They love ass almost as much as men do

Agreed. Do that and hit depth or pull 4 plates and above during busy hours at a commercial gym. It will draw a lot more eyes than a 225 bench. Especially from women.

If you can aggressively pull 3 plus plates from the floor or cleanly standing overhead press their body weight it gets a lot of casual gym going women curious. Bench press impresses only dudes for the most part from my experience.

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
Reason why I say squats and pull-ups is because your lower body is your foundation,so if you don't squat your automatically weak IMO or not as strong as you think.

And pull-ups is all bodyweight so if you can't master your own bodyweight then again you might have some strength but not as strong as you should be.

Those are the two biggest exercises to me.

Honestly weights give you fake strength,once you stop lifting you lose strength.

Calisthenics will have you strong forever.

What do you think is a respectable number for pull ups?

1-8-7-Skillz

Superstar
Daps
Bench pressing is overrated af. I love benching myself, but if were talkin exercises that are really something to brag about & demonstrate your strength heavy pull ups or squats or deadlifts are where its at...
Im always :russ: at guys askin others "Ay dawg how much you bench :lupe: ?" but if you hit em with "How much u squat/deadlift" they like :dahell:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
This thread definitely made me put bench press back into my workout had been using the dumbbells for the longest but I never really tripped on my bench weight so much. My main thing is squats which is at a pretty good level now repped 385 ten times :jawalrus:.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
The biggest shame is seeing some behemoth bench 365+ for reps easily, but they don't squat/pull cause they don't give a fukk. It's like, cmon man, you could be squatting / deadlifting 500/600 easily if you tried :mjcry:
Let's be reality though. Squatting and deadlifting are hell when the weigh is relatively heavy.

Don't get me wrong I do them frequently but it's truly work.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Yea you right it is.

I remember reading an article that said if you truley kill your legs in a workout you don't have to work them for up to 2 weeks.

Honestly makes sense. Whenever I take a week off from whatever reason my squat still the same as it was the before. Honestly the only leg movement that falls a lil after a week off for me is hip thrusts for me which is interesting & weird.

Daps
Honestly makes sense. Whenever I take a week off from whatever reason my squat still the same as it was the before. Honestly the only leg movement that falls a lil after a week off for me is hip thrusts for me which is interesting & weird.

Yup, I experience the same thing. My squat numbers still remain the same after I don't squat for a minute long as I really kill my legs, be so hard to walk tho afterwards :mjcry:

1-8-7-Skillz

Superstar
Daps
Let's be reality though. Squatting and deadlifting are hell when the weigh is relatively heavy.

Don't get me wrong I do them frequently but it's truly work.

Deadlifiting really is the most challenging and hard af exercise for me too (and also my favorite exercise). You know if I'm for example benching and I got some heavy weight on that bench its still not the same "feeling" when you see that weight and prepare yourself for it mentally as when you do deadlifting and it isn't nearly as exhausting. If Im doin deads from the moment I see that weight on the floor and prepare to lift it, to the actual exercise and the feeling after you do them when youre fukkin wasted its a whole nother league.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
I just took 4 weeks off.

My first squat session was whack.
After 2 sets of 135 my legs cramped up and I was done :bryan:
(I was doing around 275 before I stopped)