If you're an atheist and thinks nothing happens when you die, what motivates you?

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
chad butler would be rolling in his grave right now if he knew a dumbass like you was going around talking what Pimp C would be doing if he was alive right now. pointing out that you have a job doesn't make you a good person you probably just sit at a desk all day not doing shyt while making dumb threads like this one.
It's more than a job for me, it's a lifestyle ugcac. :ahh:

Demon

Evil b*stard
Daps
Reppin
Hell on Earth
terribly retarded thread :comeon:

i dont need to be scared into doing the right thing as a human being :what:

Blown Moon

All Star
Daps

The climb.

I grew up in a marginalized community. When I die, I want to be the reason my family is firmly cemented in the upper middle class or higher. I want my children to grow up surrounded by success and prosperity.

Last edited by a moderator:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Definitely going to look more into hedonism and man we need more people like ya breh. :obama:

yeah it's really funny I have this sense of moral where if I think that something good might happen to me after I've done something good, I automatically feel less happy with myself about that good deed...ain't no saint tho :whoa: but one tries :manny:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
this means you are more than likely a piece of shyt when it comes to morals or ethics. you need some "reward" to do the right thing instead of just doing the right thing, which is a theory i have about a lot of christians thanks for helping me to confirm that theory.

^^^^^^^^^^

this!

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i figured OP was gonna catch flack but i think i understand the point your trying to make here.

Doing good things or following rules or simply being a good citizen should not bet just because of a "reward" or afterlife like others have said but i think OP meant it in a sense as in if theres nothing after i die then whats the point?

That can really make you think about it if you look at it that way everything you do in this life doest mean anything in the bigger scheme of things.

For example if you knew with certainty that there was nothing for you after death then would it not make sense to maximize ones joy in life? It may seem like a selfish thing but if your think about it if you knew you only had a little bit of time to life your life then why would you do anything that gave you discomfort or did not help you achieve your own goals. :manny:

Personally as a believer if i knew that there was no afterlife i would be pretty depressed somewhat, not because i got no "reward" for my faith but because i would feel like my life would be a little inconsequential.

Just my opinion brehs :whoa:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
More than likely they are motivated by the things most people are motivated by.. There are some evil people that believe in God-- so obviously a belief in high power isn't a determining factor in morals, ethics, or life long motivation to be a productive person.

A.J.Soprano

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Burnt SUVs, Swimming Pools, Dominican dimes and Al
I agree.

I don't do good deeds to be rewarded at the end of my life. I do it cause Im willing to help others in their time of need. Thats what a good person does. Too be honest Im not even sure what happens in the after life.

Best person in the world could walk into complete darkness...no one knows.

most honest statement I've ever heard uttered out of a muslim's mouth

:obama:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
lets say 'john doe' is an amazing person. lets say john donates half of his check to charity out of the goodness of his heart, volunteers everywhere every weekend, does nothing but amazing, angelic things out of the kindness of his heart. lets say there is absolutely no doubt johnny is an amazing person with a heart of gold.

now lets say john is an atheist. he believes religious is pure bullshyt and there is no god and he believes in evolution. lets say he believes when you die there is no heaven and hell.

now lets say john dies and there IS a heaven and hell. lets say his soul floats up to the pearly gates, and god is sitting there waiting for him.

what do ya think will happen?

do ya think god will say "well john, you lived an exemplary life and you have exceeded even the most devout of my believers in charity and goodwill and you have a legendary heart. however, u didnt believe in me so go to hell. enjoy a$$hole"

:aicmon:

600570_10200346813650762_2071406735_n.jpg

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
for me, life has become wayyyyyyy more meaningful since becoming a nonbeliever. i don't think most religions really appreciate this life. its all just a fleeting moment... that ironically dictates the rest of your eternity but that's another topic.

the bottom line is, i feel like more effort is put into securing an eternal life than doing something to make this life, the one you actually know and experience easier... not just for you though, for all of us. i don't think i would have adopted the kinda worldview i have now i was still a christian. thats what inspires me now. making my personal mark on the world and enjoying it as i see fit. besides, where's the fun in forever?

celebrate! celebrate! :blessed:

Last edited by a moderator:

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
The soul is everlasting..falling for the white mans trickery telling you you're not a spiritual being and that when you die there's nothing,..so that makes you nothing? We are intuned with the universe.

Once again the white man tells the black man that he ain't shyt and he'll never be shyt, so take these boring unnatural math and science courses In school and by all means don't incorporate nature into it like the ancient Egyptians did..

Hotep

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lets say 'john doe' is an amazing person. lets say john donates half of his check to charity out of the goodness of his heart, volunteers everywhere every weekend, does nothing but amazing, angelic things out of the kindness of his heart. lets say there is absolutely no doubt johnny is an amazing person with a heart of gold.

now lets say john is an atheist. he believes religious is pure bullshyt and there is no god and he believes in evolution. lets say he believes when you die there is no heaven and hell.

now lets say john dies and there IS a heaven and hell. lets say his soul floats up to the pearly gates, and god is sitting there waiting for him.

what do ya think will happen?

do ya think god will say "well john, you lived an exemplary life and you have exceeded even the most devout of my believers in charity and goodwill and you have a legendary heart. however, u didnt believe in me so go to hell. enjoy a$$hole"

:aicmon:

600570_10200346813650762_2071406735_n.jpg

John doe should have met jesus :umad:

na I'm just :troll:in B, but it is what it is you don't go to heaven for being a great guy.

Dont hate me breh :yeshrug:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
for me, life has become wayyyyyyy more meaningful since becoming a nonbeliever. i don't think most religions really appreciate this life. its all just a fleeting moment... that ironically dictates the rest of your eternity but that's another topic.

the bottom line is, i feel like more effort is put into securing an eternal life than doing something to make this life, the one you actually know and experience easier... not just for you though, for all of us. i don't think i would have adopted the kinda worldview i have now i was still a christian. thats what inspires me now. making my personal mark on the world and enjoying it as i see fit. besides, where's the fun in forever?

Miguel - Where's The Fun In Forever (Lyrics) - YouTube

But i enjoy life as a christian b:ld:

I think your right in that people have it twisted, although christian believe this life is just temporary it doest meant we should not try to live it to the fullest.
celebrate! celebrate! :blessed:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I mean you have to realize that nothing you do matters and once you are dead you will be non-existent for eternity. Why would you you ever stress anything or have any worries knowing this? Religion does a lot for people in making them believe their life has purpose. Serious question.

If you need to believe a lie to find purpose in your life then you're either:

...lying to yourself.

or.

living in an existential nightmare.

I'm an existential nihilist, but...that might be too complex for most of Coli...