If you're an atheist and thinks nothing happens when you die, what motivates you?

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
As I see it, I know 100% that this existence on Earth is real and I'm only here for a finite time. So if anything, it should motivate more to do as much as I can before I die.
Ive never been to heaven/hell, don't recall any type of an existence before I was born so I have no credence to believe that there is anything other this 1 existence.
In conclusion, way not give your all for a life that you do know you have then for a potential life that might not even be real.

Opposite of Pascal's Wager, I guess

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Their life is reduced to something dreamlike. Dreams are great in progress but when its all said and done theyre ultimately meaningless. The only considerable reward is when youre able to wake up in the morning and recall what happened. Unfortunately, death doesnt even grant you that simple pleasure. Youre perception of reality is no more significant than a fleeting temporary illusion. Their Life is now reduced to worthlessness and absurdity

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
TS seems to just forget that he made this awful piece of shyt thread after it back fired on him. funny how that works.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
TS seems to just forget that he made this awful piece of shyt thread after it back fired on him. funny how that works.

Naw actually religion has been a way to control the fears of anarchy on earth. And there are people who aren't naturally good people and would do wrong if they were atheists. Whether heaven or hell is real or not, it does keep a lot of people in check. And that doesn't mean it has to relate to you because maybe you are wired different but it won't for everyone. So pull your skirt down b and cry me a river muthafukka. :demonic:

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
Naw actually religion has been a way to control the fears of anarchy on earth. And there are people who aren't naturally good people and would do wrong if they were atheists. Whether heaven or hell is real or not, it does keep a lot of people in check. And that doesn't mean it has to relate to you because maybe you are wired different but it won't for everyone. So pull your skirt down b and cry me a river muthafukka. :demonic:

you have all sorts of psychological problems, seek help. never have children.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
And there are people who aren't naturally good people and would do wrong if they were atheists. Whether heaven or hell is real or not, it does keep a lot of people in check. :

I disagree with the above. Religion isnt the only reason to be a good person, and just because someone believes in a higher power doesnt make them a good person either.

I dont believe in religion but im not out here being a menace to society. And while im here i might as well make the most of my situation (being alive) cause once i go in that dirt im not coming back up :yeshrug:

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
Aww him feelings hurt? :to: I sawwwy

no you would be doing society a huge favor because you have proved in this thread you are not a good person and you dont recognize what it takes to be a good person so there is a zero percent chance you would be able to teach a child to be a good person. :youngsabo:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
no you would be doing society a huge favor because you have proved in this thread you are not a good person and you dont recognize what it takes to be a good person so there is a zero percent chance you would be able to teach a child to be a good person. :youngsabo:

:heh: I work in social services for a living and do more for people in one day than you do for people in a year. Shut your stupid ass up and take UGK out your screen name. Pimp C would smack the pastiness out your ass if he was still alive. :pachaha:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
I disagree with the above. Religion isnt the only reason to be a good person, and just because someone believes in a higher power doesnt make them a good person either.

I dont believe in religion but im not out here being a menace to society. And while im here i might as well make the most of my situation (being alive) cause once i go in that dirt im not coming back up :yeshrug:

Good point but not everyone is like you. Religion has been a control mechanism for some people but also the opposite for others.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
As I see it, I know 100% that this existence on Earth is real and I'm only here for a finite time. So if anything, it should motivate more to do as much as I can before I die.
Ive never been to heaven/hell, don't recall any type of an existence before I was born so I have no credence to believe that there is anything other this 1 existence.
In conclusion, way not give your all for a life that you do know you have then for a potential life that might not even be real.

Opposite of Pascal's Wager, I guess

Basically.

Plus as other have said, if you're doing good expecting a reward, that's hella selfish and does not come from the heart. My philosophy of life has always been "Do good, and don't expect/hope for anything in return". I don't even care if people realize I do something for them, because it's the act that's important, not the reaction/return.

And to answer OP, hedonism :eat:

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
:heh: I work in social services for a living and do more for people in one day than you do for people in a year. Shut your stupid ass up and take UGK out your screen name. Pimp C would smack the pastiness out your ass if he was still alive. :pachaha:

chad butler would be rolling in his grave right now if he knew a dumbass like you was going around talking what Pimp C would be doing if he was alive right now. pointing out that you have a job doesn't make you a good person you probably just sit at a desk all day not doing shyt while making dumb threads like this one.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Basically.

Plus as other have said, if you're doing good expecting a reward, that's hella selfish and does not come from the heart. My philosophy of life has always been "Do good, and don't expect/hope for anything in return". I don't even care if people realize I do something for them, because it's the act that's important, not the reaction/return.

And to answer OP, hedonism :eat:

Definitely going to look more into hedonism and man we need more people like ya breh. :obama: