If you're a WR would you rather get a concussion going over the middle or a torn up knee?

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
yes but the question was singular not plural if it was would you rather have 7 concussions or a torn up knee I probably take the knee being that I have had 2-3 concussions already

right if we’re talking one torn knee and be injury free for the remainder of your career or one concussion and be injury/concussion free for the remainder of your career, I’d probably take the concussion. But even that, one of each can have life long effects long after you’re done playing

Menna

All Star
Daps
Im justresponding to a question...He is saying TORN knee he is not saying a concussion that leads to CTE...To come back from a Torn knee you need a top doctor, top rehab, top training top everything for like 14 months and even then these world class genetic athletes cant come back fully...Concussion it is...everyone should be out cold for 5 second in their life gain some perspective no one should have a torn knee..imagine your 65 years old its cold your getting out of bed and that torn knee from 40 years ago is clicking as you stretch it out ...

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
Chuck Cecil was a notorious head hunter. He led with his noggin all the time.

I mean, you would've though he had CTE WHILE he was playing

5bc6740a29bad.image.jpg

He's 57 years old. One would assume he would be messed up..... but....

Yeah but was he ever concussed how long was his career so many factors go into it.I think its shameful of you even have this line of thinking.Are WWE wrestlers not dealing with CTE ala Chris Benoit.CTE probably affects some far more dramatically than others.:manny:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Yeah but was he ever concussed how long was his career so many factors go into it.I think its shameful of you even have this line of thinking.Are WWE wrestlers not dealing with CTE ala Chris Benoit.CTE probably affects some far more dramatically than others.:manny:

He only played 7 seasons.

This hit changed everything for him. And the video doesn't do it justice. I saw it live and people though breh was dead.

Cecil hit Middleton so hard on a reception over the middle that it knocked Middleton’s helmet off with both ends of the double chin strap still connected. Not only was Cecil fined $30,000 but the NFL actually banned the video of the hit which just like any controversial album or book, made the hit, and Cecil’s legend, that much more popular. Go ahead and Google it now; you can’t find it. That’s how awesome it was.

The fact that Cecil at 185 pounds could even get Middleton 262, on the ground, let alone pulverize his brain gives you some idea at the force he could fling his body. And he did it over and over to larger men than himself every Sunday.

If you’re looking for one reason as to why the NFL turned into the glorified flag football it has become, blame Chuck Cecil.

Chuck Cecil only played one more year in the NFL due to concussions and a conspiracy about the NFL blackballing him, but a player like Cecil, like any truly great musician or out of control actor, can only survive for so long.

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
:yeshrug:

You dont live with Chuck Cecil or know him personally.He may spend his days at home in a dark room and be prone to violent mood swings.Just because he maintains a career doesnt mean he's in perfect mental health ,and also his job stimulates his brain probably delaying the onset.