If you're a WR would you rather get a concussion going over the middle or a torn up knee?

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I'd take the torn up knee over concussions and it's not even close. The long term effects from concussions just isn't worth it. What's the purpose of having millions when you won't be able to remember what you spent it on?
I rather have the long term effects of my earning potential being knee injury free.

Daps
Broke my leg in 3 places playing HS football. I still cringe watching lower body injuries in football. The pain of knee rehab is excruciating and also carries long term effects of arthritis and the possible need for knee replacement surgery in the future.

There really is no wrong answer healthwise, but financially, the obvious answer is a concussion poses less of a risk to your career than a knee injury.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Bruh shyt like this is paid for by the NFL covertly. You just fell for the okie .

Watching the news and seeing how millions of people act in general, I think it's safe to say A LOT of people have some stage of CTE. Aikman and Steve Young retired early because of concussions. Aikman is 55, Young 60. Both lead normal lives. I'm just saying :manny: CTE is a thing, but lets not act like it's run rampant.

Most retired older athletes suffer from pain caused by injuries to their joints, limbs and back.

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
Watching the news and seeing how millions of people act in general, I think it's safe to say A LOT of people have some stage of CTE. Aikman and Steve Young retired early because of concussions. Aikman is 55, Young 60. Both lead normal lives. I'm just saying :manny: CTE is a thing, but lets not act like it's run rampant.

Most retired older athletes suffer from pain caused by injuries to their joints, limbs and back.
I dont think you really know what CTE is honestly. There's people who cant even sit in a brightly lit room and forget what they are saying mid sentence like homie from Cincinnati the RB from the early 2000s everyday people not walking around like that.You actually kind of pissing me off because you probably never broke a bone in your body talking crazy bout grid iron gladiators. :scust:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I dont think you really know what CTE is honestly. There's people who cant even sit in a brightly lit room and forget what they are saying mid sentence like homie from Cincinnati the RB from the early 2000s everyday people not walking around like that.You actually kind of pissing me off because you probably never broke a bone in your body talking crazy bout grid iron gladiators. :scust:

Chuck Cecil was a notorious head hunter. He led with his noggin all the time.

I mean, you would've though he had CTE WHILE he was playing

5bc6740a29bad.image.jpg

He's 57 years old. One would assume he would be messed up..... but....

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
no player would choose a torn knee over a concussion

were talking about people who dedicated their entire lives to a skill...
...and they are at the highest level of that skill

Menna

All Star
Daps
Concussions are the prelude to CTE.
yes but the question was singular not plural if it was would you rather have 7 concussions or a torn up knee I probably take the knee being that I have had 2-3 concussions already