If you're a WR would you rather get a concussion going over the middle or a torn up knee?

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd take the torn up knee over concussions and it's not even close. The long term effects from concussions just isn't worth it. What's the purpose of having millions when you won't be able to remember what you spent it on?

you not making millions with that knee torn up, most likely out for a year and a half then cut a couple seasons later :francis:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Depending on how bad the concussion is, one of them is enough. I have played sports btw and torn my knee and I'd still take that over concussions long term.
I hate making generalizations like that, but I can’t imagine anyone choosing a torn up knee over a concussion. The pain, the rehab, the long term consequences all seem way higher than with a concussion.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I hate making generalizations like that, but I can’t imagine anyone choosing a torn up knee over a concussion. The pain, the rehab, the long term consequences all seem way higher than with a concussion.

There are more long term consequences in a concussion (depending on how bad it is) than a torn knee. We are talking about the difference between brain damage and leg damage. I'm speaking from my opinion personally.

Why

Superstar
Daps
Not even a fair question

a concussion vs a torn up knee
3 weeks off max vs maybe a whole season

nah

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Not even a fair question

a concussion vs a torn up knee
3 weeks off max vs maybe a whole season

nah

Look at it this way. With a concussion, at least you will have the option of continuing to keep playing, retire early or simply walking away now.

With a knee, there is a high probability that you won't play again at all, and if you do, you may never be the same again.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
There are more long term consequences in a concussion (depending on how bad it is) than a torn knee. We are talking about the difference between brain damage and leg damage. I'm speaking from my opinion personally.

knee
with the advances in medical surgery today youll be fine

cant fix your brain
Even with the worst concussion your brain capacity isn’t really affected permanently. Over time and with multiple then you have a point. If you’re worried about one concussion then you probably got hit by an actual truck and in that case a concussion would be a great outcome. One knee injury, even with modern medicine can affect you long term.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Even with the worst concussion your brain capacity isn’t really affected permanently. Over time and with multiple then you have a point. If you’re worried about one concussion then you probably got hit by an actual truck and in that case a concussion would be a great outcome. One knee injury, even with modern medicine can affect you long term.

That's a general assumption and even you know that especially in a high impact sport like football. It's rather weird how people are downplaying the concept of concussions and their long term effects.

• Dap
Reactions: 19-

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'd take the torn up knee over concussions and it's not even close. The long term effects from concussions just isn't worth it. What's the purpose of having millions when you won't be able to remember what you spent it on?
The purpose for most is to leave their family in a better position. That’s why so many guys are so willing to risk their health.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
That's a general assumption and even you know that especially in a high impact sport like football. It's rather weird how people are downplaying the concept of concussions and their long term effects.
It’s actually not general. No scientific evidence that one concussion has permanent or debilitating mental side effects.