If you're a dark skinned female music artist, you won't sell albums in America

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
My girl Amel Larrieux is light skinned and she ain't selling. :to: She hasn't really done well since leaving Groove Theory and Epic/Sony Records

Redeem87

The Movement
Daps
Reppin
VA
Black women constantly fight for fairer representation on all forms of media why would they work against their best interest and not support good black female artists.

Because they like to live vicariously threw mixed women buying their music and befriending them and secretly envying them at the same

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Because they like to live vicariously threw mixed women buying their music and befriending them and secretly envying them at the same

What basis do you have for this theory? Other than you pulling it from your arse.

There are black women that are insecure of their complexion...because we live in a complexion/mixed obsessed world. Sure. So now you mean to tell me that these women are the reason why brown skinned black women are not marketed, and have been over a decade as an attempt to blame black women for a media that shyts on them all the time. Yet, you wouldn't think twice about starting a pity party of WM demonizing BM.

So let me guess BW support shows where they are leading actresses but not the music industry. So is it also BW's fault that rappers have phased BW for latina/white/biracial girls?

So essentially you're blaming BW for an industry they dont even control. That's rich!! Let me guess Hip hop going maintsream and being infiltrated by white male artists is also BW's fault correct?

I wonder what role BM play in all of this or are they victims as usual of white supremacy and the ABW.

:jbhmm:

Superstar
Daps
Kelly is good but Beyonce is on another level.
beyonce is great & deserves her success, but she was not born that good. she got that from experiences and second chances.

THEN: this performance sucked and was very amateur

NOW: with the same song, more professional and "another level"

that is my opinion that has nothing to do with kelly.

Last edited:
Daps
Why can't dark skinned women sell music in America?

Only person in the last 20 years to do any sort of numbers is Jennifer Hudson, and she barely does ok given her immense talent. (I've heard white women say her voice is "manly") :sas2:

Beyonce
Rihanna
Nicki Minaj (bleached)
Aaliyah
Alicia Keys

....those are really the only black women to sell albums in the last decade or two. And they are (were) all light.

Besides Whitney back in the day, there really aint nobody selling unless you got a capuccino skin tone.

It's fuucked up

(Thread topic only came to mind because I was listening to that SWV joint from my Above The Rim thread in the film room) :whoa:
i think that's more so cause those females are whom the mainstream choose to push right now...i recall Lauryn Hill, Deborah Cox,Foxy Brown Miss Elliott and Coco led SWV being one of the bigger female urban acts around the same time as Aaliyah. ..Tweet, Fantasia,India Irie,etc are a few others whom have had varying degrees of mainstream success within the last couple of decades.

• Dap
Reactions: Yup

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
i think that's more so cause those females are whom the mainstream choose to push right now...i recall Lauryn Hill, Deborah Cox,Foxy Brown Miss Elliott and Coco led SWV being one of the bigger female urban acts around the same time as Aaliyah. ..Tweet, Fantasia,India Irie,etc are a few others whom have had varying degrees of mainstream success within the last couple of decades.

THIS. The arrogance of some BM on the subject is due to the fact that they are still represented, when that boat will sail as it soon will, then game over. It's just BW were the first ones to go, so some guys want to take an air arrogance that they won't be replaced. The last few black male r&b singers are living on a shoe string and a dream desperately trying to stay relevant-soon they will be obsolete. Then they'll be crying about white supremacy as usual.:heh:

Should have never sold out and gone mainstream and kept independent :ufdup:

Soon Ed Sheeran and Sam Smith will be the face of R&B :ld::ooh:

Oh well ...I listen to my R&B and classics and stick with underrated black artists. :gurl:

Last edited:
Daps
When R&B and Rap become White / Mixed dominated Black people will make another new Genre. Then the process will be repeated again.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
When R&B and Rap become White / Mixed dominated Black people will make another new Genre. Then the process will be repeated again.

Not this time around :manny:

But it's cool, that shyt ain't gonna happen to R&B and Rap. The usa don't got that type of time left...