If you were Tony Soprano what would you have done with Tony Blundetto?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I side with Tony S. with this sentiment

You gotta show Blundetto the same protection you would any of the other capos or you lose their faith.

But I would have to let them know we gotta take care of this in house, and the punishment of going against the family's orders are mortal, even for a made man.

I'd have to order Chris to put him down. He gets the anger toward Blundetto out, and takes care of the problem. Idk if that appeases new York but that ship had likely sailed...

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
Yeah you can't turn him over to Phil who would do unspeakably terrible shyt to him but you also can't let it slide

Have to put him down and handle it in house like you said. Blundetto really fukked the NJ crew and set them down a path to war with NY that was basically unavoidable

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tony B did a hit on another made guy from a much more powerful family unsanctioned and without his own family even being aware. That’s a death sentence under any circumstance by their rules. Tony turning him over would actually be looking out for his guys since it almost led to war. Protecting him was a sucker move cuz he still had to dead him and ended up losing mad respect from within his own family.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Yeah you can't turn him over to Phil who would do unspeakably terrible shyt to him but you also can't let it slide

Have to put him down and handle it in house like you said. Blundetto really fukked the NJ crew and set them down a path to war with NY that was basically unavoidable
Until recently I forgot he killed Billy Leotardo AND Joey Peeps. Ngl New York was right to want his head. That is like Doc murdering big p*ssy and ralphie

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Tony B did a hit on another made guy from a much more powerful family unsanctioned and without his own family even being aware. That’s a death sentence under any circumstance by their rules. Tony turning him over would actually be looking out for his guys since it almost led to war. Protecting him was a sucker move cuz he still had to dead him and ended up losing mad respect from within his own family.
Yeah I agree.. Also most of his(Tony) guys built up so much resentment for Tony because of the nepotism thing with Chris, so it looked like Tony was doing the same thing with his other cousin which is why he gave the speech. But them being related did pay a huge role, he told Johnny Sack to go fukk himself; His direct quote was "its my fukkin cousin".

Now does he do that for his other guys? I think he should've just given up his cousin and that would've smoothed things over.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Yeah I agree.. Also most of his(Tony) guys built up so much resentment for Tony because of the nepotism thing with Chris, so it looked like Tony was doing the same thing with his other cousin which is why he gave the speech. But them being related did pay a huge role, he told Johnny Sack to go fukk himself; His direct quote was "its my fukkin cousin".

Now does he do that for his other guys? I think he should've just given up his cousin and that would've smoothed things over.

vernestbrown

Rookie
Daps
Tony’s decision to kill Blundetto himself was probably the best course of action. By doing so, Tony basically shows that regardless of how difficult/painful it was to kill a family member he probably cared for very deeply, Blundetto violated the rules with his reckless behavior and was dealt with. That way, he could appease NY and his own crew who were questioning his decision to protect Blundetto, and spare his cousin from being tortured by Phil. Plus NJ doesn't look weak by handling their own problem, rather than permitting NY to encroach, torture and kill one of their associates. The reason Tony’s decision did not work out in his favor, is because Johnny Sac was arrested by the Feds.

The only mistake Tony made was going to John first when he initially discovered Blundetto’s location and requested that NY be merciful when eliminating his cousin. Tony should have IMMEDIATELY went to Blundetto’s hideout, killed him and then met with John to let him know that he took care of it.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tony’s decision to kill Blundetto himself was probably the best course of action. By doing so, Tony basically shows that regardless of how difficult/painful it was to kill a family member he probably cared for very deeply, Blundetto violated the rules with his reckless behavior and was dealt with. That way, he could appease NY and his own crew who were questioning his decision to protect Blundetto, and spare his cousin from being tortured by Phil. Plus NJ doesn't look weak by handling their own problem, rather than permitting NY to encroach, torture and kill one of their associates. The reason Tony’s decision did not work out in his favor, is because Johnny Sac was arrested by the Feds.

The only mistake Tony made was going to John first when he initially discovered Blundetto’s location and requested that NY be merciful when eliminating his cousin. Tony should have IMMEDIATELY went to Blundetto’s hideout, killed him and then met with John to let him know that he took care of it.
To be fair Tony still had to reassure him he had nothing to do with it even though it was his right hand man so he was kind of at John mercy to come clean and try to handle it above board first

Daps
Reppin
Chi
All Due Respect is my #1 all time favorite Sopranos (and TV) episode. My fukking jaw dropped back in Summer '04 when I saw Tony blast his cousin in the face w/ a pump action.

Tony probably did the right thing, quick & fast....

Def couldn't turn Tony B over to NY/Phil,
def couldn't just let him slide w/ those infractions and help him escape...body needed to be found so it's known he's dead.

Chrissy was pretty resentful by that time of Tony (the adriana car incident, the ball busting about not drinking), so having Chrissy do it could've helped mend their relationship. Still, although he was sober at the time, chris was a known liability. Also, Chrissy was in hiding b/c Phil was on the warpath.

Turning him over to NY might've helped w/ Phil down the line, but letting your own blood get tortured isn't the move.

So...I think Tony did the right thing given the shytty circumstances.