"If you want a winner-take- all, you're-on-your-own society....

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
this country is out here making it rain with nikkas tax dollars cause they know they can........
fukk a taxes........
im for lowering everybodies taxes.......
.........lower everybodies taxes and make this dumb ass system more accountable on the things it spends what money it does get on.
I don't think you realize how much it costs to run a country, especially this country. :stopitslime:

Fact is, you probably wouldn't be where you are if it wasn't for government regulations. :childplease:

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
I don't think you realize how much it costs to run a country, especially this country. :stopitslime:

Fact is, you probably wouldn't be where you are if it wasn't for government regulations. :childplease:

so how much does it cost to run a country?

and since u know its thanks to the government that im where im at u should be able to tell me where exactly it is that i am....so where am i?

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
so how much does it cost to run a country?
and since u know its thanks to the government that im where im at u should be able to tell me where exactly it is that i am....so where am i?

Have you ever used public education?
How about roads?
Water or other public utilities?
Do you shop anywhere?
Ever had a job before?
Do you get your trashed picked up?

The government has a role in regulating all of that.

I don't know if you realized it, but the government plays a very vital role in everything you do. People who are anti-government are stupid because they simply don't realize how much the government actually does to actually HELP people. Yes, some regulations are bad, but that doesn't mean do away with everything or even most things. There are grey areas sometimes.

Left up to some republicans, if you've ever used any of the above, you'd be assed out.

You think it's bad that you have to pay taxes to start a business? Wait until there's no one there to regulate the prices of the things you need to start it. Wait until basic services like electricity/water/trash pick up cost you a fortune. (Black) People in poorr countries don't live in the favelas because it's the cool thing to do my dude.

If you've like to know how much it costs, read:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/budget/fy2013/assets/budget.pdf
We'll wait. :jawalrus:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
u know what, i just read ur post and it isnt as bad as i initially thought...........my fault...........

here's my response.......

an extreme case of winner take all, youre on society could be labeled anarchy........i agree......

in the sense that Cllinton was using it, i take it to mean less government less regulation.

That's what im for........

Point taken.

I think that people too often confuse "less government" with "better government". As DaChampIsHere pointed out there are TONS of regulations that are needed for every person just to get through with everyday life. It might just be impossible to even begin listing them, and people don't realize it because we are so used to it. While I agree that governements must be held accountable and improved (and that does include some cutting down on the redtape) the statement that "less government is better" is deeply flawed IMO.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
Have you ever used public education?
How about roads?
Water or other public utilities?
Do you shop anywhere?
Ever had a job before?
Do you get your trashed picked up?

The government has a role in regulating all of that.

I don't know if you realized it, but the government plays a very vital role in everything you do. People who are anti-government are stupid because they simply don't realize how much the government actually does to actually HELP people. Yes, some regulations are bad, but that doesn't mean do away with everything or even most things. There are grey areas sometimes.

Left up to some republicans, if you've ever used any of the above, you'd be assed out.

You think it's bad that you have to pay taxes to start a business? Wait until there's no one there to regulate the prices of the things you need to start it. Wait until basic services like electricity/water/trash pick up cost you a fortune. (Black) People in poorr countries don't live in the favelas because it's the cool thing to do my dude.

If you've like to know how much it costs, read:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/budget/fy2013/assets/budget.pdf
We'll wait. :jawalrus:

ur obviously not smart enough to comprehend what i said so ill break it down more for u.........

how much it costs to run a country and how much it costs to pay for the current budget are not the same thing.

I said before, this country makes it rain with people's tax money. This was my way of saying this country is spending alot of money recklessly, wastefully and with little regard..........if my point is that the country is currently doing this dont you think that i would think the current budget allotments are going to be excessive?

So................if the current budget allotments are excessive what sense does it make for me to base my argument (on reducing taxes for all) on funding these figures?

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
..... there are TONS of regulations that are needed for every person just to get through with everyday life........ .

like?

"It might just be impossible to even begin listing them, and people don't realize it because we are so used to it. "

it shouldnt be imposiable to name them if they are needed for every person to get through with everyday life......

the statement that "less government is better" is deeply flawed IMO

how so?

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
ur obviously not smart enough to comprehend what i said so ill break it down more for u.........
how much it costs to run a country and how much it costs to pay for the current budget are not the same thing.
I said before, this country makes it rain with people's tax money. This was my way of saying this country is spending alot of money recklessly, wastefully and with little regard..........if my point is that the country is currently doing this dont you think that i would think the current budget allotments are going to be excessive?
So if I think the current budget allotments are excessive what sense does it make for me to base my argument on funding these figures?
Show me which department's funding you don't need or will ever need or have ever needed and I'll show you (a) how you actually do need it and use it (b) how it's actually underfunded.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
There is no such thing as a winner take all SOCIETY. To be a society responsibilities need to be shared. You cant be a go-getter if there is nothing to go get.

You can't get educated without going to school. You can't open a business without a loan. You can't invest in a business that doesn't exist. Your business won't be succesful if you have no customers.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
Show me which department's funding you don't need or will ever need or have ever needed and I'll show you (a) how you actually do need it and use it (b) how it's actually underfunded.

70 million in funding for israel iron dome.........how do i actually need that?

2.6 billion for mars rover..........how do i need that?

there are PLENTY more......but we can start here

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
There is no such thing as a winner take all SOCIETY. To be a society responsibilities need to be shared. You cant be a go-getter if there is nothing to go get.

You can't get educated without going to school. You can't open a business without a loan. You can't invest in a business that doesn't exist. Your business won't be succesful if you have no customers.

:what:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
like?

"It might just be impossible to even begin listing them, and people don't realize it because we are so used to it. "

it shouldnt be imposiable to name them if they are needed for every person to get through with everyday life......

how so?

The Internet and The Coli are here and available due to gov. Grants and regulations.

Public school
Healthcare
Criminal laws
The list never stops. If you were REALLY on your own you would be fukked

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
like?

how so?

Well TheChampIsHere already started but:

- if you were born in a hospital, said hospital was most probably paid for by public funding, thus through public programs and according to regulations
- the nurse or the doctors that assisted your birth hopefully studied. They may or may not have gone through public education (chances are they did though) but whatever degree they got is most probably guaranteed by a higher authority. Go have a look at birth mortality rates in countries where there is "less government"
-if your parents drove back home after you were born, that was most probably on a road built with public funding (and according to a set of regulations)
-if the street lights were on, it was most probably working with electricity coming from a public electricity plant (more regulations on how such plant must work)
-the very car you were riding has to respect security requirements (regulations) ensuring it won't just randomly blow up
-that same car was bought by your parents with the understanding that if the seller sold it knowing the car didn't work, your parents could sue (courts-justice: regulations and governments)

We can literarry take any simple aspect of everyday life and in some way it's made possible by public regulations...ever took a plane? Regulations are extremely tight in airplane security, and thankfully so. Travelled abroad, needed a passport? Regulations. Had a problem abroad and called your embassy? Regulations. Changed money? More regulations.

Breh the very food you eat follows regulations.

The same goes with business. Business is basically I sell what I have for a price. But who ensures that what you have is REALLY yours? If you're a car-seller, any random thug could come, kick you out and sell those cars as if they were his. Why doesn't he? Because, thanks to regulations and laws, you have official documents that state that YOU are the car-seller and not him, and that YOU acuqired those cars and not him. And if it gets bad, you can sue (thanks, again, to courts and justice -regulations and laws).

Again, don't get me wrong here. I'm not saying that ALL regulations are indispensable, but I AM saying that most people just don't understand what a "winner takes all society" really means. Can governments be more efficient? Of course they can. Does less regulation AUTOMATICALLY mean better government? No, cuts must be well thought-out.

Let's also be honest here: behind this whole demand for "less regulation", people often really are talking about the so-called "free market". Now, no matter is EVER totally "free". I highly recommend this book called "23 Things They don't tell you about capitalism" http://www.remappingdebate.org/sites/all/files/23%20things%20they%20don%27t%20tell%20you%20about%20capitalism%20%28by%20Ha-Joon%20Chang%29_0.pdf. Really, I can't recommend this book enough breh.