“If you live in another state than your children then you failed as a father “

Should a father at the very least live in the same state as their children?

• Yes

Votes: 38 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 23 37.7%

• Total voters

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
I turn negatives into positives. I see it as you succeed at abandoning your family
ayy-lmao.gif

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
The woman is a failure in that scenario as well. Taking your one yr old and shacking up with a new man is WILD.
My youngest daughter was around 16 months old when her mom decided to move in the man who'd become the father of her younger brother...

This wasn't an educated or responsible decision but I don't call it a "failure", there have to be a variety of factors to contribute to calling something or someone a failure...

Belize King

Daps
I told my Wife if we divorce, I will always live across the street until our daughters are in college.
:yeshrug:
We would have 50/50. If the girls want to stay with me an extra day or spend the day with me, I will always be available. They just have to walk.
:pachaha:
If my daughters want to stay with mom for the week, cool. I’m right across the street for dinner and homework.
:ehh:
I can’t imagine not seeing my kids everyday.
:mjcry:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I told my Wife if we divorce, I will always live across the street until our daughters are in college.
:yeshrug:
We would have 50/50. If the girls want to stay with me an extra day or spend the day with me, I will always be available. They just have to walk.
:pachaha:
If my daughters want to stay with mom for the week, cool. I’m right across the street for dinner and homework.
:ehh:
I can’t imagine not seeing my kids everyday.
My oldest kids' mom and I separated when my daughters were 37 and 17 months (so 3 and 1). Up to March 24, 2020, I'd been with my kids ever day going back to June 2016 when she announced she was pregnant...

So nearly 4 years of built up routines with my kids. It took awhile to get used to not being in home with them, I wasn't there in 2020 at all. Met my youngest daughter's mom and that obviously brought my youngest daughter earth side in September 2021, but I still wasn't there yet...

I can't pinpoint an exact date but it probably took until sometime in 2022 to get used to, the reality is you don't live with them anymore. You gotta find a different enjoyment in life. Took me over 2 years to really acknowledge that I'd made my kids my sole happiness in life, and it wasn't healthy...

Continued blessings to you, your wife and kids, I know for many of us that were always in the home with our kids, there's ALWAYS a rough adjustment period to get used to not being there anymore!

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I just saw a 21 year old up and move from Texas to go live with her new partner taking her one year old with her.

The dad is only 22 and still in Texas. What was he supposed to do?
File to get her to bring the child back. Happens in Texas all the time I did it. If he wanted his child around where he at he could of made it happen.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
My ex wife tried to up and leave Texas and take my son to California, I stopped that the courts are not gonna let a woman up and leave the state with your kids without her having some type of restraining order on you.

File to get her to bring the child back. Happens in Texas all the time I did it. If he wanted his child around where he at he could of made it happen.
You sound like you are older & have the resources to do that. I doubt he does.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
You can file for like $35 bro. It's in the law a woman can't just up and leave your state with your kids. If you allow your kids to be taken out of state from you, you let it happen or wanted it to happen.
I know for a fact he didn’t want it to happen. They went through a bad breakup and then she just started getting real petty. See that a lot.

He better than me though cause I would’ve took it a different route :francis:

Belize King

Daps
My oldest kids' mom and I separated when my daughters were 37 and 17 months (so 3 and 1). Up to March 24, 2020, I'd been with my kids ever day going back to June 2016 when she announced she was pregnant...

So nearly 4 years of built up routines with my kids. It took awhile to get used to not being in home with them, I wasn't there in 2020 at all. Met my youngest daughter's mom and that obviously brought my youngest daughter earth side in September 2021, but I still wasn't there yet...

I can't pinpoint an exact date but it probably took until sometime in 2022 to get used to, the reality is you don't live with them anymore. You gotta find a different enjoyment in life. Took me over 2 years to really acknowledge that I'd made my kids my sole happiness in life, and it wasn't healthy...

Continued blessings to you, your wife and kids, I know for many of us that were always in the home with our kids, there's ALWAYS a rough adjustment period to get used to not being there anymore!
I work overseas. I’m actually going back to Japan on Wednesday for 92 days.
:francis:
My one year old turns two on August 15th. She starts school/daycare August the 5th. I’m going to miss her in her little uniform.
My four year old birthday is September 29th. I don’t think I’ve ever been home for her birthday.
:to:
After this rotation, I am switching to 75/75. I’ll miss Christmas next year but I’ll get birthdays. I’ll miss the whole summer though. Lord willing, the family will come out with me next summer.
:blessed:
I need a new job.

So I do understand not seeing my children everyday to an extent. We FaceTime 1-3 hours a day. Of course the kids don’t understand why daddy is gone nor care to really engage when I’m on the phone.
:snoop:
These are the worst ages to miss. I rather do this rotational job when they are older but the money is too good. I can’t imagine coming to the States making anything under 100K.
:picard:
Kids are expensive.
:beli:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I say it’s a failure when you have the means and skills to be living near them and are still single/don’t have other local kids. Like if you’re working an oil rig in the gulf, I get living in Texas and if the mom moves to Wisconsin, that ain’t necessarily an easy move for you. But you got the run of the mill corporate job, and it’s just you, man up and get a job in Wisconsin to be by your kid. If you’ve started a new family, you can’t necessarily uproot them to be near your first kid(s) if their mother moves them.