If You Like Money & Violence Peep "Respect Life" Online Webs Series Shot In Brooklyn

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
what's the nikka name who was running with gay Mike tryna line up the plug? nikka had me :dead: at his quotables :laff:

And it felt like he was doing the whole thing in one take. Since no one else really had the jokes like him, I think he was ad libbing a lot of the funny stuff.

At one point he's like 'actually you know what Michael I'm high right now let's get back on topic' and I swear it's because he realized he was just rambling and not actually doing whatever exposition he was supposed to be doing for the plot.

Felt like he deserved a better death scene tho, one of my criticisms for the finale.
:stopitslime:
Although the Red Rum song they played during that scene was heat! Soundtrack overall was good but this had me like
:gladbron:

The other stick up boy who actually hit that lick wasn't quite as good but also had me dying. When he gets fed up w the guys who have the safe and then calls his man to yell at him for inviting him to a trash party.

You already know what it is
:birdman:
I been waiting for someone to give me this opportunity I live for this shyt breh
:russ:
But really what the fukk is good w this
:demonic:
Aight whatever kiss ya man's on the cheek or whatever
:deadrose:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Yea. Plus the cac cop and his acting damn near ruins the show.

Both of the cops acting sucked... In fact all of the cops acting sucked. But in terms of camera quality and music, it's almost on par with respect life. Plus they dropped episodes every week like clockwork (exepept for episode 13 part 1).

Respect Life took too long to drop episodes. They had you waiting over a month at times for a 28 minute episode :russ:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Both of the cops acting sucked... In fact all of the cops acting sucked. But in terms of camera quality and music, it's almost on par with respect life. Plus they dropped episodes every week like clockwork (exepept for episode 13 part 1).

Respect Life took too long to drop episodes. They had you waiting over a month at times for a 28 minute episode :russ:
Yea man. Hopefully they get they shyt together forreal.
Mayhem is cool and it really picked up towards the end of the season. If they just make it a little bit for grittier than its def fuccn with respect life.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Yea man. Hopefully they get they shyt together forreal.
Mayhem is cool and it really picked up towards the end of the season. If they just make it a little bit for grittier than its def fuccn with respect life.

For shooting mostly in Elizabeth, NJ they did the most with the least and made it work :manny:

Respect Life had more subplots but they stretched season 1 over an entire year while mayhem took only 3 to 4 months.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
For shooting mostly in Elizabeth, NJ they did the most with the least and made it work :manny:

Respect Life had more subplots but they stretched season 1 over an entire year while mayhem took only 3 to 4 months.
True I aint from Jersey but from what I know, Elizabeth not even bucc wild like dat, so i guess it represented well for the city it took place in

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
And it felt like he was doing the whole thing in one take. Since no one else really had the jokes like him, I think he was ad libbing a lot of the funny stuff.

At one point he's like 'actually you know what Michael I'm high right now let's get back on topic' and I swear it's because he realized he was just rambling and not actually doing whatever exposition he was supposed to be doing for the plot.

Felt like he deserved a better death scene tho, one of my criticisms for the finale.
:stopitslime:
Although the Red Rum song they played during that scene was heat! Soundtrack overall was good but this had me like
:gladbron:

The other stick up boy who actually hit that lick wasn't quite as good but also had me dying. When he gets fed up w the guys who have the safe and then calls his man to yell at him for inviting him to a trash party.

You already know what it is
:birdman:
I been waiting for someone to give me this opportunity I live for this shyt breh
:russ:
But really what the fukk is good w this
:demonic:
Aight whatever kiss ya man's on the cheek or whatever
:deadrose:

The whole season finale felt rushed. Like the plot twists were way out of left field. You could tell they were basically making up shyt on the fly. Even the people who got killed were glossed over. It seemed like as the show grew in polularity the writer(s) were started to try a little too hard with the storyline.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
The whole season finale felt rushed. Like the plot twists were way out of left field. You could tell they were basically making up shyt on the fly. Even the people who got killed were glossed over. It seemed like as the show grew in polularity the writer(s) were started to try a little too hard with the storyline.

I think it was probably too ambitious from the start and that's why the middle-late episodes were the strongest.

The early episodes were very sprawling and that made it hard to differentiate the story lines for me.

Then things hit their stride when the stakes and setting were established.

But then tying everything back in proved to be too large a task.

I also think that, since there was probably not a lot of financial incentivization or contracts like you would have on a network TV show, personality issues probably arose.

When they kill Troy (the real funny stick up kid) in the finale we never see his face.

The tall guy who works for the sus LA guy shoots.. Someone in a hoodie who falls immediately and we get a shot of his shoes.

We only know it's Troy because the Snoop from the Wire knock off character is with him and discusses it with her girlfriend later.

Also - - Rome who keeps giving Melo's cousin the hammers seems to just get written off the show as a 'parole violation'.

Although I also have a theory that Melo may have made that happen to get him out of the picture, and he'll be back in early season 2 with a full heel turn.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
I think it was probably too ambitious from the start and that's why the middle-late episodes were the strongest.

The early episodes were very sprawling and that made it hard to differentiate the story lines for me.

Then things hit their stride when the stakes and setting were established.

But then tying everything back in proved to be too large a task.

I also think that, since there was probably not a lot of financial incentivization or contracts like you would have on a network TV show, personality issues probably arose.

When they kill Troy (the real funny stick up kid) in the finale we never see his face.

The tall guy who works for the sus LA guy shoots.. Someone in a hoodie who falls immediately and we get a shot of his shoes.

We only know it's Troy because the Snoop from the Wire knock off character is with him and discusses it with her girlfriend later.

Also - - Rome who keeps giving Melo's cousin the hammers seems to just get written off the show as a 'parole violation'.

Although I also have a theory that Melo may have made that happen to get him out of the picture, and he'll be back in early season 2 with a full heel turn.
Two things

Either the dude who LA henchmen killed wasnt Troy, or the actor that plays troy couldnt do the series anymore so they had someone else play his death which is why that scene was like that

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Two things

Either the dude who LA henchmen killed wasnt Troy, or the actor that plays troy couldnt do the series anymore so they had someone else play his death which is why that scene was like that

Absolutely agree.

I hope it wasn't him, cuz he carried that storyline. But if it wasn't him, idk why the Snoop character was upset.

Tbh I don't really remember the third member of their little crew very well, could've been him I guess.