If You Like Money & Violence Peep "Respect Life" Online Webs Series Shot In Brooklyn

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Yo im on episode 9 and im hooked. But i dont know any of the characters names. I know Melo, the girl Mel. Gay dude MIke. Then you got Melo's cousin. But they dont really say each other's name on this show. With Money and Violence it didnt take long for me to figure out who was who. Names and everything.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Yo im on episode 9 and im hooked. But i dont know any of the characters names. I know Melo, the girl Mel. Gay dude MIke. Then you got Melo's cousin. But they dont really say each other's name on this show. With Money and Violence it didnt take long for me to figure out who was who. Names and everything.

Just try and identify them by their subplot / neighborhood:

Bed Stuy crew that beefs w Melo cousin

Cocaine distributors

Cocaine dealers in.. Neighborhood escapes me that beefs w Melo cousin (Brownsville?)

Characters in Melo's hood, mostly weed dealers & street icon Jerry

Homie who works at the street wear store
Stick up gang 1 (gay Mike)

Stick up gang 2 (psycho homie)

Music studio guys

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Im on part 2 of the season finale. Everyone was right about lack of character development. For M and V, you knew what the characters were about from the first 2 episodes. Kane with the Mister and also baby mama drama. Leon the con artists, etc. Any of those dudes could carry an episode or 2. Rafe isn't needed in every episode. With Respect life, If Melo isn't there, the show falls off.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I finished this last week. Great stuff. This, Money and Violence, The Professional Chiller, and One2Four have all been crack. Really liking what these dudes from the streets are doing with the story telling.

Boom P got some god trax too

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think the story lines in Money and Violence are better written, but Respect Life is more gritty. There are a lot of shootings in that area of Brooklyn, so that part is perfectly fine. The character development, I agree, M&V did a better job of letting us know the characters, but to be fair, they had way more episodes. M & V is once a week, Respect Life is once a month, so they have way more opportunity to bring the people to life. I don't see Melo as a superhero. He's never done anything particularly outlandish. If anything Miz is way more of a superhero than Melo. Miz is like a fukking one man army. LOL

Math Hoffa is a pretty decent actor btw. Paul Cain is funny in the show.

Real talk I thought Math shined in this series. Like everytime he was on cam, he had presence and you actually forget he's Math, the battle rapper. Dude has talent for real.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
melo out here like the ghetto robin hood, bodying nikkas left and right in broad daylight, pretty much untouchable

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I finished this shyt over the weekend. Good fukking shyt. M&V better as a whole but Melo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Raf as a protagonist. Shout out to Jerry and Maine too them niccas put in fkin work

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Just caught up on season 2 of Respect Life & I really like it. I also just started watching The Terms which is also filmed in BK. @FreshAIG you watch The Terms?